ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:20 AM 09-13-2021
I didn't even notice that he ran out of bounds shy of the 1st down until the next play, because he should have easily have had a 1st down there. The dude is dumb as shit. Just think if that would have been a 3rd down play.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:23 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I didn't even notice that he ran out of bounds shy of the 1st down until the next play, because he should have easily have had a 1st down there. The dude is dumb as shit. Just think if that would have been a 3rd down play.
I almost pulled my hair out there. Kelce threw a whopper of a block and he should've easily had a first down there. Then when he was returning a punt after a crucial 4th quarter stop I was pooping my pants. Looked like he dang near muffed it too.
[Reply]
milkshock 02:28 AM 09-13-2021
there have to be better no.2's than this clown out there. Going into another season with him and DRob is negligence
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:40 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
there have to be better no.2's than this clown out there. Going into another season with him and DRob is negligence
It's not negligence when they revamped the offensive line like they did and he should step it up but some people think you can just play Madden with trades and the draft.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:53 AM 09-13-2021
If he was great, the Chiefs couldn't afford him. It's Kelce who will need to be replaced first, most likely. #2 is a rookie salary spot for awhile. Maybe he's smart enough to be just good enough to stay on a winning team.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:59 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He needs to read underwear catalogs before every snap like Rube Baker.
Underrated post identified
[Reply]
milkshock 07:08 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
If he was great, the Chiefs couldn't afford him. It's Kelce who will need to be replaced first, most likely. #2 is a rookie salary spot for awhile. Maybe he's smart enough to be just good enough to stay on a winning team.
well thats not true because they put in a hard push to bring in JuJu in the offseason.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:11 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's not negligence when they revamped the offensive line like they did and he should step it up but some people think you can just play Madden with trades and the draft.
Even if he's effectively a WR3 and that's good enough for what we need this year, we can do better, and I think we will next year. He's...fine, but he wasn't a great pick. Good news is Veach's picks seem to be getting better.
[Reply]
O.city 07:12 AM 09-13-2021
He's fine. He's a fine #3 WR/option and he's still 23. He's probably not ever more than that but it's fine.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:20 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
well thats not true because they put in a hard push to bring in JuJu in the offseason.
But, It didn't happen. Kicking the tires may have settled things differently. More money and a decade in Detroit for Hardman...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:39 AM 09-13-2021
I know its not the D-rob thread but fuck! Can we just make that guy watch Kelce turn north and south and fall forward on a loop?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:40 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Runs around like an elf in a Shakespearean play.
Zero physical presence. Tiny catch radius.
Blah.
I think he is particularly 'blah' at the point of the catch.

He's so fast though once in awhile you do get a huge play out of him. Just a lot of additional stress on a defense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:25 AM 09-13-2021
Hardman probably is what he is:

A dangerous guy with the ball in his hands who is not going to ascend and take better advantage of his prodigious physical abilities.

I think it’s also hard to judge much on a day when targets 1 and 2 and wide wide wide open so often. Hardman caught all 3 targets. He had a silly miss on converting a 1st down on one of them and also had a nice, tough conversion for a 1st.
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hardman probably is what he is:

A dangerous guy with the ball in his hands who is not going to ascend and take better advantage of his prodigious physical abilities.

I think it’s also hard to judge much on a day when targets 1 and 2 and wide wide wide open so often. Hardman caught all 3 targets. He had a silly miss on converting a 1st down on one of them and also had a nice, tough conversion for a 1st.
This is the issue and it's why they couldn't get a JuJU or anyone to come here in FA to be the #2.

Kelce and Hill are gonna suck up that many targets. We saw what happened when they did yesterday. What is the alternative? Would you rather not get the ball to them? I'm pretty sure other teams know this, so when the inevitable "what about when they take Kelce and Hill away" talk hits, we'll be here again.

"Wait til they take those two away" Ok, when is that supposed to happen? I'm pretty sure Cleveland knew that yesterday, yet they were still open all the damn time.

So...?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:30 AM 09-13-2021
Did anyone else notice that Hill had 197 yards? 11 catches. He torched the Browns.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 39
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up