ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 2694
« First < 3787127133134135136137 1381391401411471872376371137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 02:06 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's not very often you have a young, stud QB added to a loaded team. Just being with a group of winners will help his development and take some pressure off.
Yep, must be a pretty nice relief for him to know that he's not carrying an entire team on his shoulders anymore. He now has a legit NFL defense backing him up and he has a very good veteran QB to carry the offensive load for at least the next year while Pat tries to learn behind the scenes.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:08 PM 05-08-2017
He's got a good enough OL, playmakers on O, an elite defense, and the best special teams in the NFL. A great coaching staff with a Top 3 GM to boot. I'm sure he's damn giddy at his situation.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:12 PM 05-08-2017
Interviews from Pat and Andy today below. Some good stuff. Sounds like his work ethic and attention to detail are shining early on. If he has the 'drive' that he seems to have, it should go a long way.

Mahomes: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...5-96578ed1d9dc

Reid: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...c-f28b9054b5f6
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:14 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We don't really have a reason not to.

This team is too talented, too well coached to not be in the playoffs. Despite OUR feelings on Alex Smith, i can promise you Eric Berry and company are thinking SB.
Well this is a big deal because the Chiefs players will get flustrated if our offense keeps stalling behind Alex Smith and they punt all the time. If they see Patrick Mahomes II doing well in practice and think he will give them a better shot then they will add pressure to the situation because they don't want a repeat of last year. If you can't score more than 20 points in a playoff game you are dead in the water and these guys know that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's not very often you have a young, stud QB added to a loaded team. Just being with a group of winners will help his development and take some pressure off.
I have a feeling we're seeing Rodgers Packers II here, just with no Favre.

The Packers went 10-6 before drafting Rodgers. Favre was 35 and had blown their playoff game with 4 picks.

Dorsey is repeating history.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:30 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Andy started Donovan McNabb during his rookie season.

This kid is smart. It would benefit him tremendously to get some playing time in so they can go over it during the offseason. Not right away but once he gets a feel of the offense and expectations he will be fine.

It's not going to ruin him to get playing time under his belt.

As Peyton Manning said "you're not going to learn much if you don't play"
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:38 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
As Peyton Manning said "you're not going to learn much if you don't play"
As Pickston Lynch says "yo not gonna lern much if ya to stupid"
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:49 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Interviews from Pat and Andy today below. Some good stuff. Sounds like his work ethic and attention to detail are shining early on. If he has the 'drive' that he seems to have, it should go a long way.

Mahomes: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...5-96578ed1d9dc

Reid: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...c-f28b9054b5f6
I really really like this kid....

I mean yah its a 3 minute presser bfd but ...how can anyone not like this guy???

I think if he fizzles out I may become a nomad fan and follow him around to other teams in a creepy and stalker-esque fashion
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:53 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:

I mean yah its a 3 minute presser bfd but ...how can anyone not like this guy???

I think if he fizzles out I may become a nomad fan and follow him around to other teams in a creepy and stalker-esque fashion
Just make sure if you follow him around to point out the hidden touchdowns and alllll those gigabytes.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:53 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:

:-)

But really, he is very likable. But, of course we are going to say that. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:54 PM 05-08-2017
Nate Burleson saying he thinks Mahomes can be the next Big Ben in 3 years....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...Roethlisberger
[Reply]
DRM08 03:01 PM 05-08-2017
:-)

But really, he is very likable. But, of course we are going to say that. :-)
It's not just you guys. He has a great personality. Media guys who spent time with him in the months leading up to the Draft were raving about it. When he first declared, a bunch of people on Tech forums said he was crazy for doing it and he needs more time to develop. My thought was between Pat's arm strength, ridiculous highlight film, and personality in the interview process, he would shoot up the draft boards as more teams got to know him. That is exactly what happened.

Now we just have to see if he can learn how to make good decisions against NFL defenses. If he is able to handle the mental side of the game, the sky is the limit for him...he has superstar personality and physical talent.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:02 PM 05-08-2017
Video of Mahomes making some solid, precise throws at camp.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...1-9a6e062c0c59
[Reply]
DRM08 03:05 PM 05-08-2017
Nate Burleson saying he thinks Mahomes can be the next Big Ben in 3 years....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-cit...Roethlisberger
Hopefully without all the baggage off the field. Big Ben on the field and Alex Smith off the field would be a good combination.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:13 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hopefully without all the baggage off the field. Big Ben on the field and Alex Smith off the field would be a good combination.
Yeah, and while Ben has certainly had a great career, I think Mahomes' on-field potential exceeds Roethlisberger's

I mean, if you just look at pure statistics on a year-to-year basis, I think Mahomes can do much better than Ben generally has if he becomes a great QB like we hope he will.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 2694
« First < 3787127133134135136137 1381391401411471872376371137 > Last »
Up