ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 192
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:38 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's early 2019. The Chiefs just lost to the Patriots because Dee Ford was offsides.

In the offseason, Tyreek Hill runs afoul of the law. He's eventually exonerated, but he has a bad taste in his mouth with the way the city and organization handled it and demands a trade. A number of teams are interested but no one wants to give up much given his 'volatile past.' Except for one team, the Patriots, who are looking for playmakers at WR and willing to offer a package similar to what we just gave up for OBJ.

We trade him to the Patriots.

Are you guys really totally fine with that? Even if we're able to ideally use the picks to improve the roster?

I'm pretty sure some of you would rather set Hill on fire than trade him to the Patriots.
I certainly wouldn't be. That would have been the insult to injury that was the releasing of Hunt.

We also wouldn't have likely won a SB.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think the issue here is the whole idea of "the one team you can't beat".

We're talking about NFL teams here, full of alpha dogs with huge egos. No NFL team actually thinks there's a "team they can't beat". In fact, Harbaugh recently said as much in a press conference.

WE look at the Chiefs as the Ravens' kryptonite but the RAVENS don't see it that way. The Ravens are only concerned with being the best team they can be. That doesn't mean we're wrong and they're right. It's just the reality of the situation - NFL teams don't worry about other teams, they worry about themselves.

I mean honestly, if the Ravens were REALLY worried about getting over the KC hurdle, GIVING KC a left tackle is practically irrelevant compared to Baltimore GETTING a new QB.
Fucking this, man.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Exactly. Many say that the Ravens believe that Stanley is a better tackle, so they kept him over Brown. But is that true? The reality is that, when Stanley's injury occurred, the Ravens had already committed large dollars to him. Whether they preferred Stanley or not, they were stuck with him over Brown.

The Chiefs got very, very lucky.
Yup, on both accounts.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:42 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think the issue here is the whole idea of "the one team you can't beat".

We're talking about NFL teams here, full of alpha dogs with huge egos. No NFL team actually thinks there's a "team they can't beat". In fact, Harbaugh recently said as much in a press conference.

WE look at the Chiefs as the Ravens' kryptonite but the RAVENS don't see it that way. The Ravens are only concerned with being the best team they can be. That doesn't mean we're wrong and they're right. It's just the reality of the situation - NFL teams don't worry about other teams, they worry about themselves.

I mean honestly, if the Ravens were REALLY worried about getting over the KC hurdle, GIVING KC a left tackle is practically irrelevant compared to Baltimore GETTING a new QB.
There are exceptions, of course, like when a team claims a player off waivers with no need for the player, but it prevents said player from going to and improving a rival. Teams don't ADMIT that happens, but it clearly happens.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:44 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As a fan, of course no one is "fine" with that. But we're fans, we're emotionally invested.

As a front office, it's the right deal to make because it gives you the most ammunition to recover from a losing situation.

I'm sure this trade sucks in the eyes of Ravens fans.

Hell, i wasn't "fine" with trading Marcus Peters, even to the NFC.

How i feel about it doesn't change what's best for the team.

No one seems to feel any type of way about the fact that the Chiefs just gave up a 1st round draft pick to the best drafting team in the league.

No one seems to feel any type of way that we just made our top competition better by helping them out of a losing situation at the cost of our 1st round selection.

This shit cuts two ways, you know?
Exchanged it as part of a deal that including getting a 2nd (this year) from that team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There are exceptions, of course, like when a team claims a player off waivers with no need for the player, but it prevents said player from going to and improving a rival. Teams don't ADMIT that happens, but it clearly happens.
That usually happens during the season when a team can always use some depth, regardless of position. But yes, that does happen where a team makes a waiver claim to avoid them falling to someone else.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:05 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As a fan, of course no one is "fine" with that. But we're fans, we're emotionally invested.

As a front office, it's the right deal to make because it gives you the most ammunition to recover from a losing situation.

I'm sure this trade sucks in the eyes of Ravens fans.

Hell, i wasn't "fine" with trading Marcus Peters, even to the NFC.

How i feel about it doesn't change what's best for the team.

No one seems to feel any type of way about the fact that the Chiefs just gave up a 1st round draft pick to the best drafting team in the league.

No one seems to feel any type of way that we just made our top competition better by helping them out of a losing situation at the cost of our 1st round selection.

This shit cuts two ways, you know?
A long time friend and co worker of mine is a die hard ravens fan, flies from tulsa to bal every year for a game and goes to all the ravens chiefs or ravens dallas games, and he says

Jeffry Williams
Not really lol Brown was being a tit bag and only wanted to play LT from now on because his goal is to get the highest contract in LT history. We got a first round pick out of him instead of him playing RT and pouting all year and then walking for nothing after the season.
· Reply · 4d
Lance Timm
Oh i agree, he put the ravens in a poor situation to trade him. A lot like when KC traded Marcus Peters. IMO KC made out well on this considering they were ready to pay trent brown what he got, and Orlando is a Whole lot younger without the injury history. I cant believe KC got a second back though. I figured brown would be a first and a second.
· Reply · 4d
Jeffry Williams
Lance Timm I don’t think Brown is worth a first and second. I’ve watched every snap of every game he’s played in since entering the league, he’s a good young player but i don’t think he should be near as hyped.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:52 PM 04-28-2021
Why do we give a shit about all these hypothetical situations that didn't happen? Can't we just be jacked we got this guy and hope he goes out and fucking dominates?

Can't wait to see what they pull out of their hat in the second round.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not saying he’s a schlub at all.

They feel they have a better option at LT and can find another rt and weren’t gonna pay him so I get trading him. Maybe no one else offered mirror close to kc I dunno
Dude, why are you arguing with people when clearly, you have zero knowledge about the Ravens?

Baltimore locked up Ronnie Staley on a 5 year, $100 million dollar deal with $64 million guaranteed just before the 2020 season. He was injured last year, so the Ravens moved Orlando Brown, jr. to the left for their final 8 games of the regular season. Shortly thereafter, Brown declared that he had no interest in playing right tackle, ever again.

It had nothing to do with "better options" and everything to do with handing Ronnie Staley $100 million dollars.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:01 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It was Bill O'brien and he gave away the farm... that trade is never made if Bill Obrien had half a brain...
This post has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:03 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Exactly. Many say that the Ravens believe that Stanley is a better tackle, so they kept him over Brown.
It has absolutely nothing to do with "Who is better" and everything to do with giving Staley $64 million guaranteed and a $100 million dollar deal before the 2020 season began.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:04 PM 04-28-2021
Beach was like: First rounder for OBJ AND your 2nd? Yeah, yeah, 3rd, 4th, whatever. Are you ****ing serious right now? I mean, look at me, are you ****ing serious right now?
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, why are you arguing with people when clearly, you have zero knowledge about the Ravens?

Baltimore locked up Ronnie Staley on a 5 year, $100 million dollar deal with $64 million guaranteed just before the 2020 season. He was injured last year, so the Ravens moved Orlando Brown, jr. to the left for their final 8 games of the regular season. Shortly thereafter, Brown declared that he had no interest in playing right tackle, ever again.

It had nothing to do with "better options" and everything to do with handing Ronnie Staley $100 million dollars.
They have their better option locked in on a contract. It was an easy decision to keep Staley although, coming off injury, they could have had some concerns I guess.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:19 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, but at that point it's out of my control.

What best serves the Ravens is the Chiefs being worse, no?
What best serves the Ravens is the Ravens being better...they have given themselves that opportunity.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:47 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Why do we give a shit about all these hypothetical situations that didn't happen? Can't we just be jacked we got this guy and hope he goes out and fucking dominates?

Can't wait to see what they pull out of their hat in the second round.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 192
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Up