ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 324
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
neech 08:42 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Believe what you want or not, but I spoke to someone in-the-know tonight who told me that Veach said it’s not happening unless he’s signing for something ultra-reasonable. So cross this one off the list because it’s not close.
I kind of thought that he would cost too much anyway.

Something to talk about in the off season I suppose.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:48 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Jags are my dark horse. Makes too much sense, they have the cap space, no taxes in FL, Trevor Lawrence and they’re a championship caliber team in my opinion. I can easily see Chiefs and Jags in the AFCCG
So if the Jags are "championship caliber" I guess the Giants are too then considering both won one playoff game and finished the regular season with nine wins?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So if the Jags are "championship caliber" I guess the Giants are too then considering both won one playoff game and finished the regular season with nine wins?
I think both are on very different trajectories.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:34 PM 06-02-2023
Believe what you want or not, but I spoke to someone in-the-know tonight who told me that Veach said it’s not happening unless he’s signing for something ultra-reasonable. So cross this one off the list because it’s not close.
I've thought that was ALWAYS the situation.

For a minute there I misunderstood and thought the Cardinals were paying him for '23, in which case, yeah, we might've been able to do it.

But at what he feels his market price is? Nope.

But it's going to be just fine.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:53 PM 06-02-2023
Except for the fact that the Jags beat a genuine team in the Chargers while the Giants beat a fraudulent one in the Vikings. And if you ignore the fact that Trevor Lawrence is clearly improving and adding Calvin Ridley to the mix is a really, really big deal for that offense, then yeah, perhaps.

So no, not remotely like the Giants.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:55 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've thought that was ALWAYS the situation.

For a minute there I misunderstood and thought the Cardinals were paying him for '23, in which case, yeah, we might've been able to do it.

But at what he feels his market price is? Nope.

But it's going to be just fine.
We just won a SB. It’ll be fine however. I’m less convinced than you are that our WR room is fine and enough to win a SB, but it comes down more to Mahomes playing at an MVP level than anything else. And perhaps we’re just gonna survive doing that again.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 PM 06-02-2023
We just won a SB. It’ll be fine however. I’m less convinced than you are that our WR room is fine and enough to win a SB, but it comes down more to Mahomes playing at an MVP level than anything else. And perhaps we’re just gonna survive doing that again.
I just don't get this at all.

We essentially lost JuJu. Hardman didn't even play for like the 2nd half of the season.

There's a lot of young talent in that room now. We don't even need them all to hit this year, just a couple and we're absolutely golden. I really don't get why people don't think that will happen with this coaching staff and in particular Andy/Pat.

Richie James is sneaky good depth as well. Worst case scenario, he can give you 75% of what JuJu did.

I totally understand wanting Hopkins, but I don't understand why people seem to be more pessimistic about the WR room than last year's group.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:16 AM 06-03-2023
Except for the fact that the Jags beat a genuine team in the Chargers while the Giants beat a fraudulent one in the Vikings. And if you ignore the fact that Trevor Lawrence is clearly improving and adding Calvin Ridley to the mix is a really, really big deal for that offense, then yeah, perhaps.

So no, not remotely like the Giants.
Lol did you just say the Jags beat a "genuine team" who were 10 and 7??? And you think the Vikings were the frauds out of the two? :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:23 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think both are on very different trajectories.
Both of them lost to the teams who played in the SB so what really is the difference? Jared Goff took teams on playoff runs so I still need to see more from Lawrence tbh.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:06 AM 06-03-2023
Jags have Trevor Lawrence, who is skyrocketing and the Giants have shitty Daniel Jones, who is worthless. They're no where close to the same.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 01:32 AM 06-03-2023
Invite Hopkins to the George Brett Statue and make him an offer he can't refuse
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:44 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Jags have Trevor Lawrence, who is skyrocketing and the Giants have shitty Daniel Jones, who is worthless. They're no where close to the same.
25 td's and 8 ints is sky rocketing?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:04 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
It was kind of fun monitoring the situation and thinking about a possible record-setting offense, but it's not going to be some huge disappointment.

We'd have probably signed him if we got a big discount on market, but whenever a player talks about wanting rings, sure they do, but will only make small concessions to make it happen. Understandable of course.
So you're looking for your next job, do you take less money to win the Marketing Firm of the year award, or whatever? When fans think players should take millions less to play for their team I cringe. Let's just pay the man. He IS worth more than OBJ.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:35 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don't get this at all.

We essentially lost JuJu. Hardman didn't even play for like the 2nd half of the season.

There's a lot of young talent in that room now. We don't even need them all to hit this year, just a couple and we're absolutely golden. I really don't get why people don't think that will happen with this coaching staff and in particular Andy/Pat.

Richie James is sneaky good depth as well. Worst case scenario, he can give you 75% of what JuJu did.

I totally understand wanting Hopkins, but I don't understand why people seem to be more pessimistic about the WR room than last year's group.
If Mahomes can play at the highest of MVP levels every year and Kelce doesn’t slow down even a bit, then yes, we’ll be fine whomever you put out there at WR. But if teams are able to adjust, etc and slow Mahomes down even a little, the margin for error with our current WR room is thinner than I would want it to be. That’s all.

We can obviously win a SB
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:29 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel it's the Lions
The thing with the Lions is they already lost one receiver to gambling and the rumor is there are more gambling suspensions coming and if one of those is also a WR they are going to be desperate.

Goff is nothing special but he can get the ball to a receiver at least. We have seen what he's capable of in that crazy Chiefs / Rams game, even if he has limitations.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 324
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up