ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 146
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:53 AM 01-30-2023
i’ll say this, if our defense holds the eagles to 20 points like they’ve done to the Bengals and Jags, we’ll win this game.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:56 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
the ravens had a more dominant run game but thats exactly why the eagles matchup better against us than that team would’ve, and why that team lost to a mids team like Tennessee. the eagles are much more capable of spreading it out and winning games with their passing attack. they’re more balanced than that ravens team. and i personally like hurts a little bit more as a QB than lamar.
I don’t disagree with any of that. The Ravens lack of weapons on the outside and Lamar’s inability to actually throw it to the outside was always going to be their undoing.

I just do not concede that the Eagles have the better OL, TE, and RB. I think that Ravens team was better at all 3. Hell, Mark Andrews has had 3 seasons better than Goedert’s best season.

I do concede that I would take the better passing QB and WRs in the postseason all day. The most sizable gap between the two teams on offense is their WRs and it isn’t particularly close.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Eagles are a great team. You might say they play in the NFC and discount them for that, but they can only beat the teams on their schedule. They have a good secondary and a good offense, good fronts on both sides.

Which QB is going to play the more efficient game? Will the Chiefs offense be undermanned again? Will the offense play 60 minutes? Are we going to keep Brown or Hurts’ feet from beating us?

I tend to think the Bengals are better, but Eagles are one of the top 3 teams. Should be a good game.
I kind of hate that narrative because the actual issue is we can only evaluate against teams on their schedule.

It's obviously not their fault they haven't played anyone this year, but especially after a year of "Bills have the best roster ever" and beating the shit out of the "monsters at every position" 49ers... I'm just not going to lose sleep over paper champions.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:03 AM 01-30-2023
I think a healthy Mahomes and Co. can score on that secondary, if the line holds up. The Eagles get a ton of pressure with just their DLine and if they are able to do that it could be a long, long game.

On the other side, they need to contain that run game and force Hurts to beat them with his arm. If they can do that I like their chances.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 01-30-2023
We beat them 42-30 in Philly last season with Mahomes throwing 5 TD's. Looking at the rosters outside of AJ Brown the offense starters are pretty much the same. We held them to 103 yds rushing while we rushed for 200 yds.

Quite a few new players on their defense we will just need Wylie to handle Reddick and I think we can move the ball.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone downplaying the Eagles is making a mistake. Their offense is good and so is their defense.
I don't think anybody disagrees with this at all.

But there's something to be said about not dealing with adversity all season. We already know the Eagles are very dangerous when they get a big lead, can pin their ears back on D, and run the ball.

This game is going to be close, but that's exactly why I bring up stuff like their schedule.

It's going to be a dog fight, and we've been in more dog fights.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We beat them 42-30 in Philly last season with Mahomes throwing 5 TD's. Looking at the rosters outside of AJ Brown the offense starters are pretty much the same. We held them to 103 yds rushing while we rushed for 200 yds.

Quite a few new players on their defense we will just need Wylie to handle Reddick and I think we can move the ball.
Yeahhhhhhhhh about that.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

We aren't showing up with the same defense either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:07 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't think anybody disagrees with this at all.

But there's something to be said about not dealing with adversity all season. We already know the Eagles are very dangerous when they get a big lead, can pin their ears back on D, and run the ball.

This game is going to be close, but that's exactly why I bring up stuff like their schedule.

It's going to be a dog fight, and we've been in more dog fights.
Matchup wise, I wanted the 49ers. Actually watching the game though? The Eagles/Chiefs are a damn good matchup. And while I think we have a damn good shot at winning...if we're going to lose....I'm fine with the Eagles winning.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:08 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I kind of hate that narrative because the actual issue is we can only evaluate against teams on their schedule.

It's obviously not their fault they haven't played anyone this year, but especially after a year of "Bills have the best roster ever" and beating the shit out of the "monsters at every position" 49ers... I'm just not going to lose sleep over paper champions.
Fun fact. The NFCE was the only division to have no team finish under .500. Of the seven playoff teams in the NFC, three were from the NFCE. That's almost half of the teams in the NFC playoffs. Against that division they finished 4-2 (one loss with Hurts and the other with Minshew). They are a legitimately good team and to discredit it based off their playoff opponents is silly.

That is a team that is beatable, but have very few weaknesses. Can KC beat them? For sure, but some of that will be dependent on how healthy they are.
[Reply]
straycash 10:08 AM 01-30-2023
There's gonna be a funeral for a bird
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:09 AM 01-30-2023
Eagles have been super solid all season. Great OL & DL, their triple-option RPO is effective w/ Hurts, they can run the ball, their receivers can find gaps in zones & convert, and they can get to the QB. Really good coaching as well. Just a solid team all around. We will need to bring our A game (duh).
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:14 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone downplaying the Eagles is making a mistake. Their offense is good and so is their defense.
agreed. One thing in our favor is Hurts is hurting so maybe less runs by him favors us
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:16 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by straycash:
There's gonna be a funeral for a bird
:-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:17 AM 01-30-2023
If healthy this would be a slaughter
[Reply]
Page 14 of 146
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up