ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 301
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:28 AM 08-19-2019
I am really disappointed in O'Hearn. He's proved he can't hit MLB pitching. I think after this year, the Royals should have younger players in the OF. Would Gordon sign a one year deal to play 1st (O'Hearn just ain't cutting it)?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:34 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I am really disappointed in O'Hearn. He's proved he can't hit MLB pitching. I think after this year, the Royals should have younger players in the OF. Would Gordon sign a one year deal to play 1st (O'Hearn just ain't cutting it)?
I'd there really any point in doing so? I don't see him signing for pennies and I think he'll continue to regress even further. Unfortunately they need to find their long term solution at 1st, as I'm not confident in Pratto developing. I think they'll have to find a FA stopgap there, just not sure Gordon is the best answer.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:40 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'd there really any point in doing so? I don't see him signing for pennies and I think he'll continue to regress even further. Unfortunately they need to find their long term solution at 1st, as I'm not confident in Pratto developing. I think they'll have to find a FA stopgap there, just not sure Gordon is the best answer.
I agree. There is no option for 1st currently in the system. Cuthbert has been playing a lot at 1st but his defense isn't great.
Merrifield leads the team in games played, 139. He has ten errors
Cuthbert has played in 66 games and has nine errors. And, Cuthbert can only play 1st or 3rd. FA might be the short term solution at 1st.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:44 AM 08-19-2019
Put Salvy on first. Let the kid they're playing now catch.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:40 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Put Salvy on first. Let the kid they're playing now catch.

For 20-30 games next year, especially early: Sure.

But Perez offers too much value behind the plate (where he’s an above-average hitting C and good receiver who controls the running game) and too little with the bat to be your top option at 1B.

After that, they need to be working him in behind the plate more.

They can go get a cheap, productive 1B bat
If they need to. O’Hearn’s statcast numbers are down this year, so they may move on.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:44 PM 08-19-2019
A Q&A article with J.J. Picollo on the Athletic mentioned this Brandon Marklund dude in Lexington having the upside to wind up in the big league on a short timeframe.

Anything to that?
[Reply]
sedated 01:49 PM 08-19-2019
Can't they just put Soler at 1B?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:47 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Bubic is going to be the 1st ace Dayton's ever developed. He's a beast and those SO/BB numbers are insane. He's so good.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:48 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Please no Soler anywhere on D. I think I'd rather have Billy out there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:42 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I thought that was billay at first glance.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:52 PM 08-19-2019

OF Billy Hamilton has been claimed off waivers by the Atlanta Braves. Hamilton was designated for assignment on August 16. #Royals

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) August 19, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:06 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Bubic is going to be the 1st ace Dayton's ever developed. He's a beast and those SO/BB numbers are insane. He's so good.

We’ll see on that. TINSTAPP is a thing for a reason. His success is really exciting.

I could see some Cole Hamels-type max outcomes for him. The deception plays his stuff up, and if his curve is on he’s really tough.

John Lamb was the last guy who dominated Wilmington and Lexington to this level (though Bubic is even better), and he also was a lefty with a great FB-CH command profile. Then he blew out his elbow, slacked on his rehab, and never made it back all the way.

Originally Posted by sedated:

I mean, you could try it. But he doesn’t seem to have the hands for it. Picking the ball is harder than you’d think.

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A Q&A article with J.J. Picollo on the Athletic mentioned this Brandon Marklund dude in Lexington having the upside to wind up in the big league on a short timeframe.

Anything to that?

Marklund looks like he has had good numbers. I’d place a good amount of stock in comments from Picollo.
[Reply]
tk13 05:29 PM 08-19-2019
Gonna be interesting to see how they juggle lineups once Mondesi comes back. Going to be a lot of guys we all want to see get ABs every day and not enough room to play them all.

Adalberto Mondesi will report to Omaha today to start a rehab assignment. He will begin playing with Omaha tomorrow.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) August 19, 2019

[Reply]
chefsos 05:45 PM 08-19-2019
In the absence of a game thread...this is a damn nice play by Dozier. Severino's loafing to 1B is disappointing, though.

https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/...450f0306a8.mp4
[Reply]
BWillie 05:45 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Anything to that?
This dude currently has a 0.52 ERA in 35 innings.

What about Vinnie Pasquantino? He's having early hitting success. We need some diamond in the rough guy to be able to hit, because it's pretty bleak down there offensively.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 301
« First < 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273 > Last »
Up