ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 61
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2018 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread****
Hoover 09:07 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There are still several good defenders left. Which one does Hoover draft?
If I had to guess the one everyone will hate.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:10 AM 03-25-2018
With the 54th pick in the NFL Draft,

The Kansas City Chiefs select Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

You want to cover up a weakened secondary, you better be able to rush the passer. This was the number one issue with the 2017 defensive unit, and lets be honest, had we had a pass rush, I think that team plays in the AFC Championship game. Houston is aging and needs a strong complimentary player opposite of him. Ford is in his final year and coming off injury, who knows if he will be ready. Tanoh Kpassagnon is a promising project, but we don’t really know what we have in him. I can't take another year of Frank Zombo at OLB.

You add a guy like Carter to the Chiefs LB unit and suddenly the future looks bright again at the position with guys like Houston and Ford (if healthy) backed up by a young explosive guys like Carter and Kpassagnon. Pass rushers are important, and by picking Carter maybe Zombo can be the backup he is intended to be.

What do the Chiefs love? Speed. Now we have some on Defense.

FLYING.@FootballUGA LB Lorenzo Carter runs a 4.46u 40-yard dash! #NFLCombine

��: @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/oCZjzQdVNb

— NFL (@NFL) March 4, 2018

I’m actually a bit nervous to be drafting for the Chiefs. Not having a first round pick makes it all the more difficult to get the pick right in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I’m not one to draft players with an eye to the 2018 depth chart, as draft picks to me are more positional investments. The Chiefs have holes, and a lot of them on the defensive side of the ball. Still, I think one has to be wise with each pick and also take into consideration the investment the team has at a particular position.

Can someone please PM the next guy, I'm headed to church.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:17 AM 03-25-2018
I wouldn't complain with that.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:36 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wouldn't complain with that.
I would. The kid would be the 4th OLB on the depth chart behind Houston, Ford and Tanoh so he probably would have a redshirt year which would piss me off.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:42 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would. The kid would be the 4th OLB on the depth chart behind Houston, Ford and Tanoh so he probably would have a redshirt year which would piss me off.
Yeah I get that but if they do take him it means they already know that KPass isn’t a long term answer or they may move him back inside.

Overall point is I don’t see them taking an OLB that early anyways but if they do, it’s going to be because they don’t have confidence in who is there currently.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:49 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah I get that but if they do take him it means they already know that KPass isn’t a long term answer or they may move him back inside.

Overall point is I don’t see them taking an OLB that early anyways but if they do, it’s going to be because they don’t have confidence in who is there currently.
Andy just said one month ago that Tanoh will play OLB on base downs. If they give up on him this early, when this kid had no real chance to prove himself, it would be a goddamned disaster for Veach and Andy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:20 AM 03-25-2018
You are assuming that Ford will be healthy and stay healthy. You are assuming that Kpass will take the next step. You are assuming that we will not have an injury.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You are assuming that Ford will be healthy and stay healthy. You are assuming that Kpass will take the next step. You are assuming that we will not have an injury.
I would prefer to take a DL first. We saw how this defense went to shit when Chris Jones got hurt in the playoffs. Need insurance there IMO.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:05 PM 03-25-2018
I would prefer to take a DL first. We saw how this defense went to shit when Chris Jones got hurt in the playoffs. Need insurance there IMO.
Well maybe this is where we move up to get that player, whether that would be back into the 2cd or earlier 3rd to get another DL. With the signings we have made I would not be surprised if it were a DB instead of a DL though.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 03-25-2018
If they intend on moving Tanoh inside on passing downs he could have plenty of opportunities to produce as the 3rd OLB, and should Ford/Houston/Tanoh get injured he’d possibly be a big contributor.

We have a lot of flexibility with two picks in each of the next two rounds to make sure we get a couple DB’s and a DL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:51 AM 03-25-2018
Can we all just agree how fucking shitty of a pick Tanoh was?

Fuck Dorsey and his SPARQ score bullshit.

Get some football players who know how to play the position so we can properly evaluate them from one year to the next. And if you DO draft lottery ticket-types like KPass or Ford, DON'T FUCKING DRAFT THEM IN THE 1ST, 2ND, OR 3RD ROUND.

Fuck.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Can we all just agree how ****ing shitty of a pick Tanoh was?

**** Dorsey and his SPARQ score bullshit.

Get some football players who know how to play the position so we can properly evaluate them from one year to the next. And if you DO draft lottery ticket-types like KPass or Ford, DON'T ****ING DRAFT THEM IN THE 1ST, 2ND, OR 3RD ROUND.

Dude, you’re giving up on Tanoh way too soon. He can bend the edge with all that that size and he got much better from the preseason to his week 17 start. He’s going to be a good player.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, you’re giving up on Tanoh way too soon. He can bend the edge with all that that size and he got much better from the preseason to his week 17 start. He’s going to be a good player.
I hope he turns out. He fucking better.

That's the problem with taking guys like him, though. You never know where you're at from one season to the next. Coaches don't know if they can plug him in. They might have a pretty good idea, but it's an uncertainty. They constantly have to be aware of possibilities where the guy just isn't ready. They have to find Plan Bs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 AM 03-25-2018
I knew it would be Carter. Great pick :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 03-25-2018
For the record, Carter would probably have been #2 on my list here, but I would be happy with this.

People are way too concerned with what position we take and where. As long as it’s defense, I’m good. There’s nothing wrong with adding pass rushers to a team that has had to rely on Frank fucking Zombo way too fucking much.

We have 2 picks in the 3rd and 2 in the 4th to either use or trade up. Take the best defensive player available (unless they feel they can get a starting LG) and then use those other picks to secure a CB, S, and DE.

The corners to target at 54 are all gone, as are all but one of the safeties (the guy I probably would’ve taken).

There were also a couple of DL I would’ve been happy with, but I’d prefer Carter.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 61
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up