ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 12:42 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
PM me a good Saturday and I’ll set up the escrow, hoss.
Dude, you know you look like a fool, right? Everyone on CP knows without a shadow of a doubt that you posted photos of some random girls on the Internet and tried to pass them off as your girlfriend on a trip to Belize. Now you are lashing out like some teenager who was caught cheating on the final exam and thinking some false bravado will make everyone forget what a fool you are. This is embarrassing for you. You should slink away in shame, but I don't think you are smart enough to make that choice. If you just have to get your ass kicked to make you feel better, I'm at the Humidor in Wichita every Friday afternoon after work. Just come in and ask for Jeremy. They will all know who you are asking about.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:45 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Dude, you know you look like a fool, right? Everyone on CP knows without a shadow of a doubt that you posted photos of some random girls on the Internet and tried to pass them off as your girlfriend on a trip to Belize. Now you are lashing out like some teenager who was caught cheating on the final exam and thinking some false bravado will make everyone forget what a fool you are. This is embarrassing for you. You should slink away in shame, but I don't think you are smart enough to make that choice. If you just have to get your ass kicked to make you feel better, I'm at the Humidor in Wichita every Friday afternoon after work. Just come in and ask for Jeremy. They will all know who you are asking about.
Jeremy at the Humidor sounds hot.
He's going to wanna wrestle instead.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:45 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Behind taco bell maybe.
3 rounds of 3
Or 4 rounds of 2 if you're a chick.

I suggest hitting from the girls tees.
I see you’re moving the goalposts again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is spot on. The travel thing is a huge one for me. We've got friends who never go anywhere because they'd have to deal with someone watching their dog. Cats are fine for a long weekend. They almost prefer it.
Most of the time when my wife and I go somewhere together (and can plan ahead) we take the dogs with us. Of course, we have small dogs (the largest is 12 pounds) so taking them to a hotel or AirBNB isn't really a challenge.

You're right though. One or two cats are a lot easier to plan around. Unfortunately, 25 cats aren't so we have to have someone feed them if we're gone for more the 3-4 days anyway. Plus we have two adult kids that we can have watch the dogs if we need to leave them.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:50 PM 03-27-2023
99% chance that’s a bathhouse.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:50 PM 03-27-2023
I see you’re moving the goalposts again.
Oh you want my attention?
Their disdain wasn't enough?

Those are the round lengths for most amateur fights.

When you're sitting outside the gym leafing through Conde Nast, and you hear the bell go off after 1 minute, those are reps or practice. The men inside are doing something. They aren't rounds of a fight.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:51 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
So what you are saying is that you would rather pay for a motel, get your ass kicked for 3 minutes, and pay $500 to Children's Mercy Hospital instead of just admitting that you lied about your trip to Belize. I mean I'm down, but that seems like a really stupid way to clear your name. In your scenario, not only do you get your ass kicked, but everyone would 100% know you were full of shit about your trip. Wouldn't it be easier for you to just admit that you're a lying piece of trash.
He'd no show all of that too and make an excuse as to why.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:53 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We have a cat that will stand in the bathtub while you fill it up. He loves water.

Unfortunately, our 5-pound chihuahua seems to be possessed by some ancient Aztec evil.
:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 12:53 PM 03-27-2023
I hope not. I'm not sure his Silver brand jeans and Affliction T-shirt could cover up his murder boner.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If a non-shitty chihuahua exists, I've never encountered it. Nippy, bad tempered, hyper and with constant, piercing barks. I'd sooner have a rattlesnake as a pet. My idiot BIL and his wife have two of them. The only good thing I can say about either is that one of them doesn't suck quite as much as the other.

But as you say, to each their own. I wouldn't give a crap about these two, except that they bring them to the FIL's house for Christmas, and that really sucks.
Yeah, we don't subject anyone to our chihuahua. He's a shithead and while I'm willing to deal with it, I pretty much assume that my friends and neighbors aren't. We don't take him out in public and let him act like an asshole either. That's just rude. Plus we're currently training him so we want to keep him away from stressors anyway (he's reacting to fear with aggression, like a lot of animals).
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
A girl I dated in my 20s had one of those shitrats... it bit me several times. Instead of disciplining it she would reward its bad behavior with treats to calm it down.

Couple of years ago she posted a tear jerking update about it being flattened by a car. I laughed my ass off.
That's just a bad pet owner. JFC, people like that shouldn't be allowed to own pets.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 12:55 PM 03-27-2023
99% chance that’s a bathhouse.
It's a cigar and whiskey bar. You probably wouldn't like it too much. Quite a few successful business executives hang out there on Friday afternoons talking about actual vacations they have been on with actual women. Most even have picures on their phones of the places they have traveled.

You ready to admit that you were lying yet?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:56 PM 03-27-2023
Most of the time when my wife and I go somewhere together (and can plan ahead) we take the dogs with us. Of course, we have small dogs (the largest is 12 pounds) so taking them to a hotel or AirBNB isn't really a challenge.

You're right though. One or two cats are a lot easier to plan around. Unfortunately, 25 cats aren't so we have to have someone feed them if we're gone for more the 3-4 days anyway. Plus we have two adult kids that we can have watch the dogs if we need to leave them.
Hopefully you don't bring them to a grocery store. Sadly I have seen that this weekend.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Not only are those fucking pieces of shit annoying, their owners treat them better than people.

Fuck every pocket dog to ever walk the Earth.
Not every owner. We've rehabbed and/or owned 4 chihuahua's over the years as well as other small breeds that can be similarly unpredictable and annoying (we have/had Chinese Crested's for example).

That's what obedience training is for. It's a shame that so few dog owners take advantage of it. It's good for you AND the dog.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 03-27-2023
Not every owner. We've rehabbed and/or owned 4 chihuahua's over the years as well as other small breeds that can be similarly unpredictable and annoying (we have/had Chinese Crested's for example).

That's what obedience training is for. It's a shame that so few dog owners take advantage of it. It's good for you AND the dog.
PS: We had one chihuahua who was the easiest-going dog I've ever seen. Never had or seen a chihuahua like him in all my years. Never barked, never nipped, greeted every stranger like his best friend.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up