ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 352
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:20 AM 03-10-2022
Well, Bruce resigned. Coach Squeaks will be missed shortly by KSU fan. I doubt they hire a better coach.

BREAKING: Kansas State's Bruce Weber has resigned, per a school spokesman.

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) March 10, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 AM 03-10-2022
It's official. Brucie has resigned.

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/s...8QR4H2rxtfCnFQ
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:08 AM 03-10-2022
glad he got to quit instead of fired.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:09 AM 03-10-2022
LOL. He must have really wanted a haircut.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:09 AM 03-10-2022
Gregggggggg Marshall should be on deck for the kitty cats. Complete assclown and shithead. Great coach.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:14 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Bruce is gonna Bruce. I really hope they don't fire him. He's been a lot of laughs over the years.
Welp
[Reply]
hawkchief 11:26 AM 03-10-2022
These post-game comments by Brouche pretty well sum up the man. Completely insecure loser who got to ride Self's Illinois team to a Championship game and live on those fumes for a long time. What an abject embarrassment for the grapes - they should be dancing in the streets, as it would be hard to find a more pathetic face of a program. I guess a Marshall hiring might be able to compete...

Q. Bruce, on the chance that this was your final game at Kansas State, is there anything you want to say or reflect on?

COACH WEBER: No. I'll be honest, I'm very, very proud of my time here. It's funny, some of you guys asked about the tradition and the history.

And it was a long, long time that we had won a championship, and I told the guys the funny part and the sad part, I didn't get much credit for that, and they all said it wasn't my guys, but I would tell you probably the closest group of all of my 40-some years of coaching is that group from Thomas Gibson to Shane to Nino to D.J. to Rodney to all that group. Some only had a year, some two years, but that group was really, really special.

And, you know, then we did it with our guys. We won a Big XII and I'm proud of that. The tournament bids, I wish I had more. Everyone wants more bids. Between '77 and '13 K-State had some pretty good coaches.

Names that come to mind, Lon Kruger, Hall of Famer. Didn't win a title. Then Dana Altman. Got fired; didn't win a title.

Then it's Bob Huggins. Only a year, but Hall of Famer; didn't win a title. Frank Martin. Maybe a Hall of Famer; pretty good coach; didn't win a title.

We won titles. We did it the right way. We did it with our guys graduating, and part of my hair today, guys, I'm on the NCAA Ethics Committee.

I'm in meetings. I was told that they were going to take care of the people in the F.B.I. stuff, so I told somebody I'm going to grow my hair until something happens. Obviously it's still growing. That's the sad part of our business.

Lon Kruger told me the other day all the guys in the F.B.I. except one are in the NCAA Tournament. All those teams are going to be in the NCAA Tournament. I'm proud of these guys. Love them. Love the guys I've coached.

To see Thomas Gibson come in with his little kids and getting a hug from him, anybody, Justin Edwards, a dad, all down the line, even J.R., he's LeBron's special coach now, but you're proud of guys like that.

Whatever happens in the future happens and that's fine. K-State is a great place, great people. You know, and I love -- I told you the other day I love coaching here. Love coaching. I love -- you know, I know I'm old and I've got gray hair, but they'll tell you I've got some spunk and I'll kick Mark's ass a bunch of times, and it's -- we'll see what happens.

Whatever happens, happens. That's life. I pray a lot. My faith is very important to me. All along, you know, this dirty -- I wasn't a great player. I told the guys my dad came over and didn't get a high school degree. He made all my family teachers and coaches. My brother, high school Hall of Fame, Wisconsin, Illinois Hall of Fame.

Sisters are teachers and coaches, and I had a whim. I drove nine hours to Kentucky to interview with Coach Keady, and he wasn't there.

I never drove nine hours in my life. I had my leisure suit on. I was ready for the interview, and the secretary laughed at me. I said, Where is he? He's not here. Is he coming back?

No. He's out of the country. He forgot. I remember going back to camp, working camp and calling him, on a pay phone. I put quarters in. These guys would have no idea about that. I called the Coach and said, Coach Keady, I came in, and he said, I'm sorry. Why don't you drive down again.

I said. I'm running camp. I can't leave again. Either you hire me or -- I would have never said that, but I didn't know how mean he was and how tough he was, and he was quiet and he said, Okay, you're hired.

He never met me. I was with him 19 years. Unbelievable years. Gave me a chance to get -- my degree in basketball gave me lifetime experiences that I never dreamed of.

Very proud of them. The guys that I coached 40 years ago, I talk to them and feels like I'm still their guy, their buddy.

It's a crazy business. I have loved it. I hope I get to continue. We'll see what happens.

THE MODERATOR: Coach, we're out of time, thank you so much.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:38 AM 03-10-2022
Welp. Just poured a glass of bourbon

Grabbed the recliner and a blanket.

All day Big 12 tourney.

Gonna be a good day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 AM 03-10-2022
What's funny reading about Bruce is his Big 12 "conference title" you know the one where he lost KU 3 times in a year. Pathetic
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Welp. Just poured a glass of bourbon

Grabbed the recliner and a blanket.

All day Big 12 tourney.

Gonna be a good day.
:-):-)

Great time to be a CBB fan.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:50 AM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What's funny reading about Bruce is his Big 12 "conference title" you know the one where he lost KU 3 times in a year. Pathetic
Damn. Beat me to it.

That’s easily the weakest share of a conference title that any Big 12 team has claimed.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:14 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
:-):-)

Great time to be a CBB fan.
Worse part of the day is getting up to pee or mixing another glass.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:21 PM 03-10-2022
TCU perimeter defense. Woof
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:25 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
TCU perimeter defense. Woof
Yet they can lock down KU with ease.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:34 PM 03-10-2022
TCU is just a pain in the ass for KU. I went to the big 12 tourny one time. Great time
[Reply]
Page 128 of 352
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up