ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 247
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
philfree 05:52 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Why? Bad weather is a huge neutralizer... granted, it's 'only' ~20-25mph winds with no snow falling and 25° tomorrow in Buffalo, as opposed to playing in a blizzard.

But, as an underdog, the Browns would love any chance to even the playing field a bit... and as a favorite trying to get back on track, the Bills would love to minimize chances for bullshit (heavy winds, slippery balls (that's what she said)).
I think teams have a better chance at home regardless of the weather. Big Josh running in the snow is as hard to stop as any RB and things may look different in the dome. Call it a neutral site but it's still a road game and Buff has to travel where Cleveland was going to have to travel anyway. I just don't see it helping give the Bills any extra advantage.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:03 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I think teams have a better chance at home regardless of the weather. Big Josh running in the snow is as hard to stop as any RB and things may look different in the dome. Call it a neutral site but it's still a road game and Buff has to travel where Cleveland was going to have to travel anyway. I just don't see it helping give the Bills any extra advantage.
I've always been kind of fascinated by the whole 'routine' thing... I would think it largely doesn't matter. Relatively young athletes in their physical prime who have spent years studying their job and should know what the hell to do on game day...... yet, there's so often talk about keeping players in routines and how being thrown for a loop like this can have significant impact.

Not sure if it's an overblown media narrative, or maybe players get thrown off when they're out of routine because there's such strict routine most of the time, or maybe they really need it... I'd just think they're far more flexible to random shit than we give them credit for. :-)

And yeah, the Bills have plenty of creative plays for Allen to run, but I think lower scoring games is a good neutralizer for any underdog... they're most likely not scoring 28+ in the snow and wind, which would give the Browns a punchers chance. These days it's mostly about "if you're playing the Chiefs/Bills/etc, could you score 30+ if you have to?" ....and if there are factors that would limit those teams from scoring 30+, you'd take that over anything else, IMO.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:15 PM 11-19-2022
The stands should prove interesting. Are tickets radio station give aways?
[Reply]
philfree 07:48 PM 11-19-2022
I've always been kind of fascinated by the whole 'routine' thing... I would think it largely doesn't matter. Relatively young athletes in their physical prime who have spent years studying their job and should know what the hell to do on game day...... yet, there's so often talk about keeping players in routines and how being thrown for a loop like this can have significant impact.

Not sure if it's an overblown media narrative, or maybe players get thrown off when they're out of routine because there's such strict routine most of the time, or maybe they really need it... I'd just think they're far more flexible to random shit than we give them credit for. :-)

And yeah, the Bills have plenty of creative plays for Allen to run, but I think lower scoring games is a good neutralizer for any underdog... they're most likely not scoring 28+ in the snow and wind, which would give the Browns a punchers chance. These days it's mostly about "if you're playing the Chiefs/Bills/etc, could you score 30+ if you have to?" ....and if there are factors that would limit those teams from scoring 30+, you'd take that over anything else, IMO.
I have no argument for anything in that post but I'm still not sold it's advantage for Buff or Cleve for that matter. It's weird when you look at a map and see how close Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit are to each other.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:52 PM 11-19-2022

This Western Michigan-Central Michigan game right now is glorious ☃️❄️⛄️ pic.twitter.com/CPhNo0vwlE

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 17, 2022

Shout out to the commentator Drew Carter who said the phrase “dashing through the snow” for this Western Michigan touchdown run. pic.twitter.com/q5WexwfX2M

— Sickos Committee (@SickosCommittee) November 17, 2022

[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:02 PM 11-19-2022
I've discounted weather advantage ever since Warren Moon and the Oilers came to KC and put up 500 pass yards on a good Chiefs defense in the snow. KC fans were hyperventilating about the dome run and shoot team having to play in those conditions.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:01 PM 11-19-2022
Natural disasters aren't really a consideration on where to live.
I guess if you don't mind occasionally having 3+ feet of snow on your driveway, you can consider living in Buffalo. And if you can deal with 110+ weather you can live in Phoenix/Vegas, and if you can handle the occasional -10 wind chill you can live in Green bay, and if you can put up with smoke for three weeks you can live in CA's central valley, and if you don't mind your front step getting wet during a King Tide you can live on the Atlantic coast...
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:07 PM 11-19-2022
If this is not the epitome of a Buffalonain lol

https://twitter.com/joshallenburner/...s-aUtif3WPTKWQ
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:09 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I guess if you don't mind occasionally having 3+ feet of snow on your driveway, you can consider living in Buffalo. And if you can deal with 110+ weather you can live in Phoenix/Vegas, and if you can handle the occasional -10 wind chill you can live in Green bay, and if you can put up with smoke for three weeks you can live in CA's central valley, and if you don't mind your front step getting wet during a King Tide you can live on the Atlantic coast...
My fault for not quoting anyone, but I was talking about the earthquake/tornado/floods types of natural disasters... nobody decides, "nah, can't move to Kansas City because of the tornadoes!"

Something astounding like 70% of people never even move away from where they grew up, so any talk about natural disasters is just their way of rationalizing never having to move.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 09:17 PM 11-19-2022
In other news, Bills fans travel extremely well. 56,000 tickets have been sold at Ford Field for the relocated game.

The Bills now have the hardest strength of schedule (.600) and the highest strength of victory (.526) in the NFL

— Kevin Massare (@KevinMassare) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
|Zach| 09:20 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Like I was saying in my replies early in this thread:

Yes. The answer is Yes. The Bills are a very good team. They're dangerous. Josh Allen is incredible.

But this acting like they're this perfect team that is going to mollywomp the entire league en route to an easy SB appearance was just ridiculous.
Ok, but I don't think anyone actually does that. Feels like Chiefs fans go out of their way to be offended.

I mean hey there are probably a lot of people who think the Bills will go or win the Superbowl but I would be amazed if you were able to show me any national outlet or columnists or TV person or whatever who thought the Bills were going to run away with this and the Chiefs have no shot. Where are you seeing this?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:43 PM 11-19-2022
Nfl robbed us of a classic snow game because the Bills were a bunch of pussies
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:47 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
In other news, Bills fans travel extremely well. 56,000 tickets have been sold at Ford Field for the relocated game.

Can you provide some ticket comps for other games where teams have traveled on short notice? And can you explain why you feel it’s Bills fans who are buying these tickets in particular?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:01 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Can you provide some ticket comps for other games where teams have traveled on short notice? And can you explain why you feel it’s Bills fans who are buying these tickets in particular?
there have to be some bills fans that escaped and could stay in Det for a few days between games.

I am sure there are also Det fans buying tix

I would like to know how many Minn fans went to detroit to watch the game after the Metrodome collapsed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 11-19-2022

Pulled up to my Detroit hotel lobby 20 mins ago & group of about 10 Bills fans stood near me with 6 large carts of supplies for tailgating tomorrow’s game vs. Browns. They drove up today. Asked them how was the drive, “Not bad. But we’d drive through anything to see the Bills.”

— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) November 19, 2022

[Reply]
Page 108 of 247
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up