ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 256 of 319
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:18 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Can we stop being disingenuous acting like it's only been 1 day of free agency? It's been 4 and most difference makers have been signed already.

Hopefully some good players are cut or are put up for trade but for the most part, the difference makers are gone.

Still holding out hope for Juju though .
We don't necessarily need a difference maker. If they're going to draft a LT, they need someone to hold down the position for a year or two.

Guys like that are already available and more will probably come open over the next week as teams manipulate the cap.

People are way overreacting but this happens pretty much every year, so I shouldn't be surprised.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:19 PM 03-18-2021
Can we stop being disingenuous acting like it's only been 1 day of free agency? It's been 4 and most difference makers have been signed already.

Hopefully some good players are cut or are put up for trade but for the most part, the difference makers are gone.

WERE SCREWED
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:21 PM 03-18-2021

Good fucking grief.

There are still plenty of guys out there in free agency that could upgrade the Chiefs roster.

I'd take Philip Lindsay over Darwin Award Thompson in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:23 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good fucking grief.

There are still plenty of guys out there in free agency that could upgrade the Chiefs roster.

I'd take Philip Lindsey over Darwin Award Thompson in a heartbeat.
Let's be honest. It isn't about Lindsey.

It's about not having the LT position settled.

If they had a LT in hand, none of this discussion would be happening.

Until the LT position sees some action, this conversation is not only going to continue, it's going to devolve into more and more complaining.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:25 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Let's be honest. It isn't about Lindsey.

Until the LT position sees some action, this conversation is not only going to continue, it's going to devolve into more and more complaining.
For most I would agree, but King was literally just bitching about not signing Fells or Cook.
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 PM 03-18-2021
Besides that, he'd immediately go on waivers, the Jaguars would claim him and hold him hostage for a massive return.

Jack Easterby might do something that stupid but Eric DeCosta would never allow that to happen.
I don’t think wavers happen now do they?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:26 PM 03-18-2021

And people need to come to grips that the lure of Mahomes isn't for everyone.

I've said this for decades now but some guys play football because they love it and some guys play football because they can.

Not every player views their career the same and most cases, guys want not only to be paid, but live somewhere that's familiar and comfortable.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 PM 03-18-2021
We don't necessarily need a difference maker. If they're going to draft a LT, they need someone to hold down the position for a year or two.

Guys like that are already available and more will probably come open over the next week as teams manipulate the cap.

People are way overreacting but this happens pretty much every year, so I shouldn't be surprised.
LT is just such a huge spot to have a good player at. I don’t think they’ll try to just patch it up but they may have to
[Reply]
staylor26 07:27 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
LT is just such a huge spot to have a good player at. I don’t think they’ll try to just patch it up but they may have to
I think they sign Okung and take a LT in round 1 or 2.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 PM 03-18-2021
And people need to come to grips that the lure of Mahomes isn't for everyone.

I've said this for decades now but some guys play football because they love it and some guys play football because they can.

Not every player views their career the same and most cases, guys want not only to be paid, but live somewhere that's familiar and comfortable.
The “lure” of anyone is always overblown

It’s about money. Almost always
[Reply]
O.city 07:28 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they sign Okung and trade up for Cosmi.
I’d be good with that I think

Cosmi seems like a nice talent. I’m not a fan of sitting him if you trade up for him but it is whatever
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:28 PM 03-18-2021
I'm not suggesting they patch it up. There's a couple of guys available right now that are about the same as Fisher but they're trying to upgrade, which is why they haven't signed anyone yet.

They're going to address it. What exactly have these guys done to earn this amount of doubt other than win our first Super Bowl in 50 years and then make it back the very next year?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:28 PM 03-18-2021
I don’t think wavers happen now do they?
Hmmm, you know, I don't know. I thought they were in effect for guys that had less than 4 years service time but I could be wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:29 PM 03-18-2021
I think someone like Radunz or Little is more likely than a trade up in the first, especially if they sign a stop gap LT.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:29 PM 03-18-2021
The Chiefs were interested in Nick Vigil last year. Wonder if they’ll give him a call
[Reply]
Page 256 of 319
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306 > Last »
Up