ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why doesn't Jerick Mckinnon get some carries?
chiefs1111 09:46 PM 09-19-2021
Does he not know the playbook or something?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:56 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No he hasn't earned anything.
BS. He has been a solid performer in the offense for two seasons.

When called upon he performed at a high level in the most crucial situations.

CEH has had a ton of chances. DW should get a shot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I have an idea. Let's just throw the ball on every play.
That's how you end up Marino-ing Mahomes.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:39 AM 09-21-2021
Veach drafted a RB in 1st round. Obviously Chiefs are going to give that guy most of carries.

I think what's important here is Chiefs realize or figure out as quickly as possible if CEH is going to be RB they hoped. If not, they have to reduce his carries and get someone else out there as quickly as possible.

I like CEH's vision but he's slow and can't break tackles. That's a horrible recipe for a RB in the NFL.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:47 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
DW had 13 carries for 52 yards in the AFCCG.

CEH had 6 for 7.

DW has earned a shot at a bigger role. He is fine catching the ball and the best blocker we have, too.

CEH can still come on the field to catch a few balls, he is still our best receiving back most likely.
I kept hearing this, but I have yet to be that impressed. DW catches the ball well too. Neither have the burst I would prefer, but of the two right now I would prefer DW.

I would like to see what McKinnon could do as a change of pace.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:50 AM 09-21-2021
That is going to happen if CEH can't do better than set us up for 2nd and 9 or 3rd and 7.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:56 AM 09-21-2021
Can we pump the brakes on the Clyde hate? He had a fine rookie season (not spectacular, but fine). This was his first career fumble on 247 touches.

McKinnon fumbled 3 times on 201 touches in 2017 (his last season with meaningful playing time). He's averaged below 4.0 YPC every year since 2015 (!), compared to Clyde's 4.3 career YPC.

Is Clyde's recent lack of production frustrating? Sure. But I'm not sure benching him for McKinnon is the right move at this point.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:27 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Can we pump the brakes on the Clyde hate? He had a fine rookie season (not spectacular, but fine). This was his first career fumble on 247 touches.

McKinnon fumbled 3 times on 201 touches in 2017 (his last season with meaningful playing time). He's averaged below 4.0 YPC every year since 2015 (!), compared to Clyde's 4.3 career YPC.

Is Clyde's recent lack of production frustrating? Sure. But I'm not sure benching him for McKinnon is the right move at this point.
I’m not even wanting to bench him, but we need to start working other options into the offense.

Would like to see more presnap motion too. You can help clear out the edge with Reek running through the backfield towards the sideline.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:31 PM 09-21-2021
People are frustrated because Clyde is getting worse, not better.

He had 138 yards rushing in his first game.

He had 161 yards rushing a few weeks later against BUF.

He has not broken 80 yards in any other game.

He has 664 yards rushing in his 15 other games, at 3.86 YPC.

In his last 7 games he has 308 yards rushing at 3.71 YPC.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:34 PM 09-21-2021
It's the lack of burst that kills me. The dude just looks slow idk if he is injured or whatever but he can't break a run.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:37 PM 09-21-2021
I'd definitely give more looks to Jerick McKinnon. I'm skeptical that he is over his injury woes but even though he's somewhat undersized he's graded well in the past on pass protection.

We know he is effective in the pass game as a receiver, and he can't be any worse running the ball than CEH right now. Need the internal competition and see if someone rises to the top.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:41 PM 09-21-2021
Maybe that was true in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s when it was more difficult to be a pass heavy team, but not in today’s game

The Faketriots won many games with Brady when they passed the ball 95%+ of the time.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:43 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
It's the lack of burst that kills me. The dude just looks slow idk if he is injured or whatever but he can't break a run.
This...we knew he didn't have long speed, but that is okay. It has to be a gaping hole for him to get more than a couple of yards. Seems worse than last year even.

He moves around like he is Barry Sanders, but has the burst of Jim Otis (for you old timers).
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:13 PM 09-21-2021
For a second I thought this post said why doesn’t Jackson Mahomes get more carries.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:19 PM 09-21-2021
People are frustrated because Clyde is getting worse, not better.

He had 138 yards rushing in his first game.

He had 161 yards rushing a few weeks later against BUF.

He has not broken 80 yards in any other game.

He has 664 yards rushing in his 15 other games, at 3.86 YPC.

In his last 7 games he has 308 yards rushing at 3.71 YPC.
Definitely trending in wrong direction especially when you consider he is playing w Mahomes which means Ds first concern is stopping the pass.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:25 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:
This...we knew he didn't have long speed, but that is okay. It has to be a gaping hole for him to get more than a couple of yards. Seems worse than last year even.

He moves around like he is Barry Sanders, but has the burst of Jim Otis (for you old timers).
I got it!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up