ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 3903
« First < 204254294300301302303304 3053063073083143544048041304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 AM 03-16-2020

[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And dumbassery like this is why "voluntary quarantine" procedures won't work.

It just buys time for the government to get its shit together and implement whatever comes next...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's not the govts. job to be optimistic - it's their job to prepare for the worst.

We need to be calm and optimistic so the worst doesn't happen...
Correct. The scientists and the government should not be cheerleaders. Give us the facts and best scientific based advice possible regardless of how its perceived by the public.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:36 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Correct. The scientists and the government should not be cheerleaders. Give us the facts and best advice possible regardless of how its perceived by the public.
The problem I have is that a lot of what Del Blasio and others say only flame the panic. Talk of nationalizing certain industries etc.. Too damn many mixed messages coming out from different sources.

It also bothers me why the media doesn't talk about the recoveries in comparison to the death toll. Are the number of cases going to go up? Absolutely? Will the death toll go up? Yes, but so will the recovery numbers
[Reply]
Rausch 08:39 AM 03-16-2020
Correct. The scientists and the government should not be cheerleaders. Give us the facts and best scientific based advice possible regardless of how its perceived by the public.
I don't like what I'm seeing in that regard.

I see some people (politicians in power) basically begging for marshal law and some saying "calm down - everything will be ok."

Both groups scare the shit out of me and signify the worst of human nature...
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:40 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I don't like what I'm seeing in that regard.

I see some people (politicians in power) basically begging for marshal law and some saying "calm down - everything will be ok."

Both groups scare the shit out of me and signify the worst of human nature...
exactly
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 03-16-2020

[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:41 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder what affect this will have on commercial air travel:

CDC recommended organizers "cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States"
I heard a rumor they would clarify that statement regarding air travel. but that was just a rumor.. who knows?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:42 AM 03-16-2020
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:45 AM 03-16-2020
United insurance is now allowing telephone therapy. At least for my clients in Kansas. If you have them you can check to see if it’s an option in your state.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 03-16-2020
Gas down to 1.79 at Costco/Sams.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
Sorry to hear the news about your employer.
[Reply]
wazu 08:48 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Sorry, man. It sucks and it's bullshit.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:48 AM 03-16-2020
Starting tomorrow KU Med is ending elective surgeries and they expect to be basically at none by next week.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:51 AM 03-16-2020
whats the % of the elderly in Spain?

I wonder what this chart would look like if the US were broken into regional pieces.
[Reply]
Page 304 of 3903
« First < 204254294300301302303304 3053063073083143544048041304 > Last »
Up