ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 140
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Eleazar 01:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I’m perfectly fine with our CBs. Breeland and Ward. I’d just like another one because Breeland is only here for 1 year
Totally agree.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Man that's a lot of cash to give this guy. Don't know much about him. Hopefully he is a beast for us otherwise it's going to be a very bad trade.

Time will tell.
Less than we were going to pay Houston.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Frank Clark had 24% of seattles total pressures last year. a fucking quarter of their pressure wow thats incredible
There was nobody like Jones on the DL.
[Reply]
Stryker 01:34 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
that kind of shit gets me excited for this, he looks strong out there. Nobody likes the $100 mill deal but if we just have a top 15 defense it's Superbowl time, hopefully all of the talent we added in FA and whatever we get in the draft can get us there.
I LOVE it! Time to get some excitement on the defense again!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:34 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Overpaying is better than doing absolutely nothing.
Especially when it's beyond clear that if you take the guy for whom you just 'overpaid' and insert him into the AFCCG as Ford's replacement, we probably win the Super Bowl. We're so close and can't regress on defense because of a lack of talent. This is exactly when you go more aggressive and potentially overpay to get guys who fit the scheme.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:34 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Relax. He can be good and this still be a bad trade.

For instance, see if any Seattle fans are upset.

They aren't.
It's not a bad trade. It's just not.

you weren't getting this level of play from #29. to get an elite player, you were going to have to give something up, and a #2 in next year's draft is 'capital'. No big deal. You also gained 8 spots in round 3 THIS year.

Seattle just paid the shit out of Russell Wilson. They needed to clear space.
Clark is a dominant, elite level DE.

We weren't going to do better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:34 PM 04-23-2019

Just spoke to one general manager who had this to say about the #Chiefs move...

"Comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like comparing Joe Flacco to Patrick Mahomes."

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:34 PM 04-23-2019

Ford also played 400 more snaps then Clark

You mean that the other way around? Clark played more than Ford?
[Reply]
tooge 01:35 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I hope this guy is the best pass rusher we've had since DT passed because it's going to take pretty much that or VERY close to it for me to see the value in this deal. I need the player to succeed so I hope he flies straight as an arrow and doesn't cause any issues off the field.
I will support the player because it is the right thing to do.

But unless Veach's draft picks start hitting and fairly quick-like, I'm done with him. I don't understand how a person can be THIS shitty in free agency. He can't gather compensation worth a ****, but he doles it out as if there were unlimited cap room. Does he fancy himself THAT good of a contract negotiator, that he can structure everyone to avoid overlap so that we can keep the players we need to keep?
Maybe. Maybe that's the ONE thing he's good at? I don't know.
But so far, he hasn't been that impressive on his own. Getting Honey Badger when your cap purse is full of money is one thing, but grabbing a quasi-elite pass rusher and paying him 63 guaranteed when you barely have a LB or CB corps is not something I would count as being "great management".

I'm done being lenient and understanding with this GM. I'm done defending him and backing him. And he gets ZERO free rides for being a scout that saw a great QB. That shit is done and gone.

The honeymoon is over.
You are done being lenient. Whew, thank the lord for that. At least we now know that some blowhard on CP is no longer going to be lenient with Veach. I'll sleep much better tonight.
[Reply]
Bump 01:36 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Relax. He can be good and this still be a bad trade.

For instance, see if any Seattle fans are upset.

They aren't.
reading around on reddit and other sites, the general consensus among Seahawk fans seem to be that they love Clark and will miss him, but are happy with the compensation that they got and aren't paying a $105 mill contract.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:36 PM 04-23-2019
Dear Frank: welcome to the Chiefs. Go out there, kick some ass and stay the **** out of trouble.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:36 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There was nobody like Jones on the DL.
have you never heard of a guy named Jarran Reed?
[Reply]
tmax63 01:36 PM 04-23-2019
I’m perfectly fine with our CBs. Breeland and Ward. I’d just like another one because Breeland is only here for 1 year
You're forgetting Fuller in there as well. One of the better slot corners out there. Agree they need to draft a CB early to start the process of getting the next one here to take their spot next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:37 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by tooge:
You are done being lenient. Whew, thank the lord for that. At least we now know that some blowhard on CP is no longer going to be lenient with Veach. I'll sleep much better tonight.

:-)
[Reply]
In58men 01:37 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Dear Frank: welcome to the Chiefs. Go out there and kick some ass and stay the **** out of trouble.
And that’s all that needs to be said.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 140
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up