ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 323
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread ****
Mr. Flopnuts 10:23 PM 01-06-2019
You're a bunch of superstitious children. Enjoy the Lamar Hunt trophy game from Arrowhead Stadium 2 weeks from today. Their Luck ran out. Our time is now.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
That's what makes this offseason weird in my eyes. It's like they sold out to stop the run this offseason.....and it's just complete shit. My thoughts are that they thought that Mahomes and this offense wasn't going to be THIS good THIS quick but damn.....the run defense is ****ing historically bad.
I'm damn near positive they were planning on a rebuilding kind of year where they win 7-9 games and are building towards the future.

But shit they really sold out on rebuilding the front 7. From a pure talent perspective, it shouldn't be this bad. I know Ragland struggles some, but he hadn't previously at defending the run. I think Nnadi is better than Logan was, and theres just more talent up there.

But fuck if it isn't worse.

To me, that's just a coaching issue. They don't stress things they need to on d.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:43 AM 01-08-2019
I am probably in the minority but I would not trade any of our pass D for better run D at all.

Pass D is more important.

And whoever said it is historically bad, the Chiefs run D is not even the worst in the league this year. Get a clue.
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 01-08-2019
I think Hitchens has been hurt.

Dude never played on his heels in Dallas or Iowa the way he did thru the middle of this season.

Early he was flying around, then he had some injury issues and seems to now be getting back to it.

That or he's just being coached badly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What did they really do, though? Hitchens was just a failure of a FA signing, Speaks doesn't get to play enough, and Nnadi actually looks competent.
Just because it didn't work out like they had hoped.....doesn't mean they didn't try. Do you honestly think that Veach looked at Hitchens and went "Yep...this guy fucking sucks....let's give him a ton of money!"? No. He looked at Hitchens and how he played at Dallas....and thought he would help out this defense. He looked at Ragland and thought he would be a good shot at hopefully turning his career around. Speaks is raw as fuck and I didn't understand the pick....but you could see the thought process. He hopefully would help with holding up against the run and be able to improve his pass rush experience.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:46 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think Hitchens has been hurt.

Dude never played on his heels in Dallas or Iowa the way he did thru the middle of this season.

Early he was flying around, then he had some injury issues and seems to now be getting back to it.

That or he's just being coached badly.
Deleone has to go after this season. I have never seen an ILB as consistently bad as ours was this season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 01-08-2019
Part of the problems with this defense is the lack of experience, the lack of discipline and honestly the coaching staff. Sutton needs to be gone after this year just for the simple fact that he continually trotted Parker out there week after week....when EVERYONE could see how horrible he was playing.

I think this defense next year will take a step forward just because most of these guys will have another offseason together.

The only head scratching move right now is KPass. I don't understand why this guy isn't getting playing time. Is he just not getting the position? Is it because he was a Dorsey pick and you don't want him outshining your pick?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:49 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Just because it didn't work out like they had hoped.....doesn't mean they didn't try. Do you honestly think that Veach looked at Hitchens and went "Yep...this guy fucking sucks....let's give him a ton of money!"? No. He looked at Hitchens and how he played at Dallas....and thought he would help out this defense. He looked at Ragland and thought he would be a good shot at hopefully turning his career around. Speaks is raw as fuck and I didn't understand the pick....but you could see the thought process. He hopefully would help with holding up against the run and be able to improve his pass rush experience.
I know, but what I'm saying is that really isn't too spectacular of an effort in selling out. They didnt really dedicate that many resources to it. Basically boiled down to replacing DJ with Hitchens and getting a new NT and rotational OLB in the draft.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:50 AM 01-08-2019

Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry will return to practice today for the Chiefs.

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 8, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:51 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Goddamnit. I feel the blind homer within frothing at the mouth now. Berry being back is damn near cause for celebration if he can shut down Ebron.
[Reply]
Danguardace 11:51 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I am probably in the minority but I would not trade any of our pass D for better run D at all.

Pass D is more important.

And whoever said it is historically bad, the Chiefs run D is not even the worst in the league this year. Get a clue.
Yeah, theres been other historically bad run d's.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:52 AM 01-08-2019

Rookie LB Dorian O’Daniel (calf, ankle) is the only #Chiefs’ player not practicing today.

Good sign for Sammy Watkins, Spencer Ware and Eric Berry.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 8, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:53 AM 01-08-2019
O'daniel isn't practicing so I'm assuming he won't play this weekend.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:53 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I know, but what I'm saying is that really isn't too spectacular of an effort in selling out. They didnt really dedicate that many resources to it. Basically boiled down to replacing DJ with Hitchens and getting a new NT and rotational OLB in the draft.
They brought in:

NT, Nnadi
DE, Williams
OLB, Speaks
ILB, Hitchens
ILB, O'Daniel
CB, Ward
CB, Amerson
CB, Scandrick
S, Watts
S, Lucas

They basically tried to retool the entire fucking defense in one offseason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:53 AM 01-08-2019
LDT?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 323
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up