ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:18 AM 12-11-2014
I can't believe people bitch about the same old shit.

I believe that your vajayjay is filled with a thick mixture of blood and sand.
[Reply]
DMAC 08:45 AM 12-11-2014
Carr gets the start for my fantasy team this week.
[Reply]
acesn8s 12:21 PM 12-11-2014
It is going to take a Jeff George type QB for the fans to appreciate a QB like Smith. A big arm and a loser compared to weak arm and vying for a playoff spot. The Chiefs need a young talented QB, preferably a 1st rounder, to get to the Super Bowl. But they must improve this Oline as well. Their success depends on the offense. A good defense is needed but not more than offense.
[Reply]
Chronic 09:19 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by acesn8s:
The Chiefs need a young talented QB, preferably a 1st rounder, to get to the Super Bowl. .
Well they aint gettin' it in the draft in April, they wont even have a shot at Hundley in rd 2

2016 doesn't look all that great for QB's

It'll be 3 more years before the Chiefs have a shot at a 1st rd potential star like Carr.. but just before you get ready to turn in your card when there's 15 seconds left as the prior team takes it down to the wire.. BAM!!!

Donkeys cockblock you and trade up and take your QB....

Get use to retread QB's the next 5 years... It's all ya got
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:46 PM 12-12-2014
get used of the retreads. For some reason whenever a coach/gm get a job for the Chiefs, they just turn full retard and think they can win it all with a retread quarterback.

NO other team in the NFL does this, Only the Chiefs. They are the only team that just refuses to draft a quarterback of the future.
[Reply]
Hootie 10:25 PM 12-12-2014
Carr fucking sucks. He will always fucking suck.
[Reply]
ILChief 10:29 PM 12-12-2014
I would have taken Bridgewater
[Reply]
ILChief 10:32 PM 12-12-2014
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...l-for-nfl-team
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:07 AM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss:
I remember when CP crowned Bortles in the preseason too
He's developing. Just wait.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:15 AM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
He's developing. Just wait.
Yeah, just like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel were developing.

Bortles only had 1 game all year where he didn't throw at least 1 INT.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 AM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Yeah, just like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel were developing.

Bortles only had 1 game all year where he didn't throw at least 1 INT.
You have to take the chance and accept the growing pains. With the 2011 rookie contracts, there's no reason to be a gutless pussy anymore.

It's not the make or break investment it used to be.
[Reply]
Hootie 02:29 PM 12-14-2014
Has anyone, one time today, thought, "gee this Carr kid is gonna be something special!" No. He fucking sucks and his upside is, maybe, maybe, career backup. Maybe.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:30 PM 12-14-2014
Incredible grace in the face of pressure. Tough as nails.
[Reply]
Hootie 02:34 PM 12-14-2014
Raiders better try again next draft.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:37 PM 12-14-2014
Carr's OL and WR's are just terrible. Put Aaron Rodgers in that situation and even he would look pedestrian!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 40
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up