ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 40
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:22 AM 12-10-2014
Vote Raiders QB Derek Carr for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the week! 22 of 28 for 254 yards and 3 TDs with a 140.2 passer rating. http://bit.ly/1GahL3Q
[Reply]
hometeam 07:23 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Vote Raiders QB Derek Carr for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the week! 22 of 28 for 254 yards and 3 TDs with a 140.2 passer rating. http://bit.ly/1GahL3Q
I would, but it feels dirty.

Good kid though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:36 AM 12-10-2014
Alex Smiff Sucks, nuff' said..now back to your regularly scheduled CJ of those we don't have nor would we be using.
[Reply]
notorious 07:46 AM 12-10-2014
I think Carr will be a good one if things break the right way.

He is already light-years ahead of most QB's at this point in their career.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:54 AM 12-10-2014
I don't really care about Carr, the real problem is we passed on sucking completely for Luck. I had some idiot Bears fan say he wishes his team had drafted Luck. He was the same a-hole giving me shit for wanting to suck for Luck saying i wasn't a true fan. FUCK HIM and fuck Da bears!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:37 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I don't really care about Carr, the real problem is we passed on sucking completely for Luck. I had some idiot Bears fan say he wishes his team had drafted Luck. He was the same a-hole giving me shit for wanting to suck for Luck saying i wasn't a true fan. FUCK HIM and fuck Da bears!
Luck would have been awesome, but you're never going to convince players to tank for draft purposes.
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Luck would have been awesome, but you're never going to convince players to tank for draft purposes.
That's why you take the decision out of their hands!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:40 AM 12-10-2014
The Colts did a great job tanking for him.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:48 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
The Colts did a great job tanking for him.
LOL You saw who they had playing at QB.

I don't believe they threw games for him, nor do I think you can prove it.

Sure, management and ownership may secretly want it. I don't think coaches and players give a shit.

Also, do you think Caldwell was trying to lose? He was fucking fired after the season.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:53 AM 12-10-2014
LOL You saw who they had playing at QB.

I don't believe they threw games for him, nor do I think you can prove it.

Sure, management and ownership may secretly want it. I don't think coaches and players give a shit.

Also, do you think Caldwell was trying to lose? He was ****ing fired after the season.
I don't think he was trying to lose the same way Romeo Crennel wasn't trying to lose..they knew what they had in him.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:01 AM 12-10-2014
Dump off? He averaged 9ypa.
That guy types with his corn hole.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:22 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
I'd still take Smith over both of those guys. I'd rather land an Aaron Rodgers or for **** sake even a Tony Romo but unfortunately those don't grow on trees
If we have a "QB guru" as a head coach, we better utilize that by drafting someone for him to develop.

If bet good money we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in the 2015 draft.

Foles style.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:34 AM 12-10-2014
I was advocating for Carr around last year's draft, but I was never under any illusion the team was going to pick a QB. Reid and Dorsey committed to Alex Smith and that is how it's going to be.
[Reply]
KCwolf 11:57 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Cochise:
I was advocating for Carr around last year's draft, but I was never under any illusion the team was going to pick a QB. Reid and Dorsey committed to Alex Smith and that is how it's going to be.
unfortunately /thread
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we have a "QB guru" as a head coach, we better utilize that by drafting someone for him to develop.

If bet good money we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in the 2015 draft.

Foles style.
Looking at this draft I don't see anyone worth a shit at QB.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 40
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up