« First < 391441481487488489490491 492493494495501541591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
neech 07:05 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

If CCIV goes high enough I might retire.
At this rate instead of buying a house you can have one built at your specifications.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:36 PM 02-16-2021
I may consider some months out Calls on PLTR after today’s drop.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
At this rate instead of buying a house you can have one built at your specifications.
What is the cost of a brand new home in KC? 300k?
[Reply]
neech 08:00 PM 02-16-2021
What is the cost of a brand new home in KC? 300k?
I would say, also the cost of the lot pending where it is located.

I was on Zillow checking out home prices and what you get for the money just yesterday, it was depressing actually how much its gone up. Personal property taxes are going to go up again, waiting for the news to hit my mailbox how much it will increase.
[Reply]
candyman 08:00 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I may consider some months out Calls on PLTR after today’s drop.
Cathie Wood just bought 1.5mil shares, its gonna bounce back quicker than that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:08 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
I would say, also the cost of the lot pending where it is located.

I was on Zillow checking out home prices and what you get for the money just yesterday, it was depressing actually how much its gone up. Personal property taxes are going to go up again, waiting for the news to hit my mailbox how much it will increase.
It's kind of amusing how the cost of a lot can double or triple depending on the area of KC you're in.

Land in OP is fucking nuts.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 08:22 PM 02-16-2021
Bitcoin 50K
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by candyman:
Cathie Wood just bought 1.5mil shares, its gonna bounce back quicker than that.
I prefer to decrease my risk with calls by buying them about 2 months past when I think the stock may hit my strike price. I am ok fronting more money for this to have a greater chance of closing my call in the green. I would probably look at May calls here but hope to close that call on a nice run or a spike day before May.
[Reply]
candyman 08:43 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I prefer to decrease my risk with calls by buying them about 2 months past when I think the stock may hit my strike price. I am ok fronting more money for this to have a greater chance of closing my call in the green. I would probably look at May calls here but hope to close that call on a nice run or a spike day before May.
I'm too much of a n00b to trade options. I suck at traditional trading still...if I ever get somewhat decent at it I may venture down the option road. Or I may just do everything Hammock does from now on and hope for the best.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 PM 02-16-2021
I'm too much of a n00b to trade options. I suck at traditional trading still...if I ever get somewhat decent at it I may venture down the option road. Or I may just do everything Hammock does from now on and hope for the best.
Here's what works for me.

1. If the stock is anywhere near the 52-week high, don't buy.

2. Decide your exit point before you buy. This prevents you from reacting emotionally in the moment.

3. The more you invest, the quicker you need to think about getting out. If it's near the 52-week high, or over it, and you've made a few thousand, don't get greedy. This destroyed me with NKLA. I could have 10k profit. Instead I made a couple grand.

4. If the stock tanks, just hold til it goes back up, or you recoup enough that you're comfortable with the loss.

You're only going to get burned bad if you try to grab onto something emotionally anyway, at least in my experience.

This is what happened to me on NAK and GNUS. I'm holding both because I figure at least one is going up, and I've made enough on my other shit that I don't care about these losses now. They're worth holding at this point just to see if they go up, as they did before.

Above all remember this: STONKS ONLY GO UP!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:59 PM 02-16-2021
Why do you think you are having limited success?

Do you research the companies that you invest in?
[Reply]
Shag 10:18 PM 02-16-2021
Here's what works for me.

1. If the stock is anywhere near the 52-week high, don't buy.
This one is tougher these days, with the way the market is. I was wanting to get into TSLA forever, but kept telling myself not to buy at ATH repeatedly. Missed out on crazy gains. I eventually said "fuck it", and have done well on it, but could have done way better.

I bought SQ at a 52w high in early 2020, and am up almost 300%. I bought PTON at ATH, and am up 100%.

Point is, in this insane market right now, a 52w high isn't necessarily a barrier to entry. Under normal market conditions, I'd agree with you, though.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:44 PM 02-16-2021
Okay real talk. When is this all gonna cool off, or worse, see a massive correction like 2000 or 2008.

I know, Billion dollar question, but I’m up on the year. Would love to not be holding it all if/when things drop.
[Reply]
Shag 10:50 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Okay real talk. When is this all gonna cool off, or worse, see a massive correction like 2000 or 2008.

I know, Billion dollar question, but I’m up on the year. Would love to not be holding it all if/when things drop.
Nobody knows. If you're that concerned about it, set some trailing stop losses at a point where you're comfortable with your gains, and ideally, where regular volatility won't trigger it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:07 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

April 26th

So if you'll sell off everything on the 25th you'll be fine.
[Reply]
Page 491 of 929
« First < 391441481487488489490491 492493494495501541591 > Last »
Up