ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 173
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:26 PM 06-26-2015
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Get that silly little 10 cm outa there and then go find a nice Danish. I hear McClains Bakery has nice Danish! :-)
Where is this bakery? And I will be the judge of that!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:14 AM 07-02-2015
It may not seem like much, but I am pleased as can be. Last night made 3 nights in a row where I did not have to get up even once to go to the can and pass blood. It has been at least 7 months since this was the case. I did wake up at 3 am with a headache from the weather change, but an aleve and a hot shower later, I was back in bed.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:31 AM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
It may not seem like much, but I am pleased as can be. Last night made 3 nights in a row where I did not have to get up even once to go to the can and pass blood. It has been at least 7 months since this was the case. I did wake up at 3 am with a headache from the weather change, but an aleve and a hot shower later, I was back in bed.
Atta boy, Ed. Amazing what some fine Danish can do for the ol' constitution!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:47 PM 07-02-2015
Right on, Ed!
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 08:27 PM 07-02-2015
Hell yea good to hear Ed
[Reply]
Buzz 08:37 PM 07-02-2015
dude, definitely pulling for you.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:51 PM 07-02-2015
Heres the deal, gotta bust ya out, sorry Fast Eddie... see, Eddie has a large property to take care of, and so do his parents who are both in their late 80's.

Ed is trying to chop brush and haul wood around like George W Bush on steroids on the Crawford Ranch, making up for lost time in Denmark on both counts... so wont you all join me in a rousing chorus of...

YOU CANT DO IT ALL ALONE RIGHT NOW TAKE A BREAK FAST EDDIE!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:19 PM 07-02-2015
My mother is not in her late 80s, she is 93 but she doesn't really know that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:31 PM 07-02-2015
My mother is not in her late 80s, she is 93 but she doesn't really know that.
Be that as it may, the brush can wait... wheelbarrows and heaving lifting need to be out for now dude, you cant push yourself like this and expect good things.

Rock on with yo bad self, just trying to help... the tough stuff can wait, hit what you can on the rider and **** the rest until you're ready for it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:11 PM 07-02-2015
Glad to hear you're doing well, Ed.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:20 AM 07-03-2015
Awesome... I like me some good news!
[Reply]
Brock 08:28 AM 07-03-2015
I consulted with the colon surgeon today and am now set for surgery on August 12th. He said I will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days. Damn, I hate that part most of all. I won't be able to lift over 20 lbs. or thereabouts for 6 weeks and it will take 6 months for me to heal 100%. It's going to be a rough autumn and winter.
Take it easy and just lay around watching football. I know it's tough to do but you gotta give yourself time to heal up.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:17 PM 07-03-2015
Yes, he said about 10 cm of it.
My wife had this surgery this year.

Are you going to have an ostomy temporarily?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:20 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
My wife had this surgery this year.

Are you going to have an ostomy temporarily?
I don't think so. The colon doc said my cancer is in a "great spot" if you've got it. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Hrrmph. He's not the one having his guts rooted around in, though.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:23 PM 07-03-2015
I don't think so. The colon doc said my cancer is in a "great spot" if you've got it. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Hrrmph. He's not the one having his guts rooted around in, though.
Good deal! Take it easy after surgery, you don't want to have to go back in cause you over did it.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 173
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up