ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
rydogg58 02:28 PM 02-19-2023
I tried watching The Monster last night on HBO. Fell asleep so many times that I finally just shut it off and went to bed.

It's about a young mom who I gather is a shitty parent, and her young daughter who hates her. I'm not sure where they were going late at night, but they hit a wolf or something and their car dies. I shut it off right after that and I doubt I'll try to finish it.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:58 PM 02-20-2023
I enjoyed “Taking of Deborah Logan”
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:24 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Anyone see any horror worth mentioning lately?
"I Spit On Your Grave" was pretty fucked up, but good.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:26 PM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The new Hellraiser is still on my mind a bit.

There was a scene with, I think, the Priestess/Pinhead: "What do you pray for? Salvation? One harmonious note without end? There is no music in that."

I thought that was a pretty cool line, even if the Cenobites are twisted fuckers.

So I spent the last couple days watching Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2: Hellbound.

I'd have to say, I think they were both enjoyable, but I did not like how anticlimactic the second one was when Kirsty (or whatever) was able to convince the Cenobites that they were people once. That felt really rushed and missed the mark, IMO.

Generally speaking, the Cenobites could have been more menacing. In both originals, they could be reasoned with and that took some of the bite out of the scare factor for them.
Ok, I finally got around to watching Hellraiser III and IV.

III was decent enough. It was hilarious seeing the newly made cenobites strolling down the streets of Manhattan.

Pretty jarring seeing that amount of smoking in this day and age. There might have been a solid 5 minutes of screen time in which none of techaracters on-screen had a cigarette in their mouth.

The actress who played Terry was hot as hell also. Shame what happened to her character though.

IV was a steaming pile of shit. What was it with the 90s and sending beloved horror franchises into space? They sent Jason Vorhees, Leprechaun and now Pinhead? Just garbage.
[Reply]
Otter 12:55 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I’ve been watching the Friday the 13th franchise. Jason got uglier and uglier.

Heh, I watched the first one the other night. It was refreshing to 80's boobs.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:09 PM 03-14-2023
Really hope the new Evil Dead movie isn't shit.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:48 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Wait, what?? First I’ve heard of this!
[Reply]
penguinz 02:44 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Wait, what?? First I’ve heard of this!
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/evil_dead_rise
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:13 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
From the trailer, it looks like they took any of the humor out of it and it's just a "The Ring" type gore and jump scare film.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:56 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
From the trailer, it looks like they took any of the humor out of it and it's just a "The Ring" type gore and jump scare film.
The original Evil Dead trailer doesn't really have much humor in it either. Not sure it will follow the same play book but just thought I would throw it out there.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:29 PM 03-23-2023
They had an Evil Dead remake back in 2013 that didn't have much, if any, humor and that one was awesome, I thought.

I am excited for this new one.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:59 PM 03-23-2023
So this one ins't a remake and is also supposed to be more gore than humorous. They are running with the fact brought up in Army of Darkness that there are three Necronomicon books in existence.

This allows them to get away from the cabin and the first three movies being the center of the story.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:57 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Watching A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddys Revenge once again. I saw the sequel before I saw the original. Freddy was definitely at his scariest in this one. I owned the VHS growing up. It had been a long time since I saw it.

As a kid I didn't know or catch any of the gay commentary going on in the flick. As an adult it's about as obvious as can be. There isn't really anything else being insinuated. And even though it isn't subtle it's a helluva lot better than a character preaching to the audience. I'd forgotten how goofy some of these were but they're still more fun than a most of the horror today.

Red Letter Media did a big show on the the whole series. I'd recommend it if you're a fan.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:39 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
As a kid I didn't know or catch any of the gay commentary going on in the flick. As an adult it's about as obvious as can be. There isn't really anything else being insinuated. And even though it isn't subtle it's a helluva lot better than a character preaching to the audience. I'd forgotten how goofy some of these were but they're still more fun than a most of the horror today.

Red Letter Media did a big show on the the whole series. I'd recommend it if you're a fan.
The entire movie is about coming out of the closet, Freddy was just the vehicle. Here is a review that describes it perfectly.

[Reply]
Otter 04:24 PM 04-22-2023

8.5 of 10

Balls to the wall horror eye candy, I might even rate it higher had it not been opening night in a packed theater that serves alcohol.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up