ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 258
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:00 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Who said jones gets 30m?

I can’t imagine a world that they pay him that close to aaron donald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't think Chris Jones will get Aaron Donald money?

Brah, he's regarded as the best DT in football and just put up 17.5 sacks as a freakin' DT :-)

He's def getting Aaron Donald money, he damn near already does and the man deserves it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Looks like Thornhill is gone.

Hope he gets his payday. Always liked him.

You know, when you look at his stats from about week 10 or so through the playoffs and SB, he actually played really well. PFF had him at like a 90.0.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:08 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

You know, when you look at his stats from about week 10 or so through the playoffs and SB, he actually played really well. PFF had him at like a 90.0.
Thornhill gets way more hate than he deserves. Both outside of here and on this board.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:17 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Just saw that the Cards are willing and wanting to trade down....

What are your thoughts on trading Jones to them in a package that gets us Jalen Carter at #3 plus Hopkins?

Something like this:

Cards get:
Chris Jones
2024 1st
MVS

Chiefs get:
#3 overall
Hopkins

Is Jones+2 1st rounders enough? Maybe have to add a 2nd?

Just thinking that the Cards need picks plus have a major need on the DL. They could draft Carter but they know that they would be getting the best DT in the league with Chris Jones. Carter hasn't stepped onto the field.

Veach does this to get Pat a weapon like Hopkins but more so to get a prospect like Jalen Carter that should go #1 overall if it wasn't for some off the field issues. Carter has the ceiling to produce like Jones but who really knows. Veach also gains that cheap rookie contract instead of paying Jones some $30M a year!!!

Would be a HUGE move for both teams
Your fav childhood snack was lead paint chips, I see.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:19 PM 03-08-2023

What are your thoughts on trading Jones to them in a package that gets us Jalen Carter at #3 plus Hopkins?

Something like this:

Cards get:
Chris Jones
2024 1st
MVS

Chiefs get:
#3 overall
Hopkins

Just thinking that the Cards need picks plus have a major need on the DL. They could draft Carter but they know that they would be getting the best DT in the league with Chris Jones. Carter hasn't stepped onto the field.

Veach does this to get Pat a weapon like Hopkins but more so to get a prospect like Jalen Carter that should go #1 overall if it wasn't for some off the field issues. Carter has the ceiling to produce like Jones but who really knows. Veach also gains that cheap rookie contract instead of paying Jones some $30M a year!!!

Retard
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:25 PM 03-08-2023

Something like this:

Cards get:
Chris Jones
2024 1st
MVS

Chiefs get:
#3 overall
Hopkins

I for one think this is a fantastic plan and super realistic. I also happen to believe that the 5000 year old earth is flat.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:41 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Brah, he's regarded as the best DT in football and just put up 17.5 sacks as a freakin' DT :-)

He's def getting Aaron Donald money, he damn near already does and the man deserves it.
I'm not sure Aaron Donald deserves Aaron Donald money. That contract seemed to be stretched to get the guy to not retire as the Rams attempted to run it back.

I don't think he's getting that contract from the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I totally agree.

However, Jones himself said he wants to be paid like "2nd best" not the best.

He's going to get crazy money but will it be substantially more than what he gets now or compared to Donald? We'll see.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:49 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I totally agree.

However, Jones himself said he wants to be paid like "2nd best" not the best.

He's going to get crazy money but will it be substantially more than what he gets now or compared to Donald? We'll see.
I think CJ will take a little less than top dollar because he's made it quite clear that he wants to remain a Chief for life. He's consistently said that he does not have any interest in playing for any other team. There's a little bit of leverage there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 03-08-2023
I think CJ will take a little less than top dollar because he's made it quite clear that he wants to remain a Chief for life. He's consistently said that he does not have any interest in playing for any other team. There's a little bit of leverage there.
Yep. Exactly.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:03 PM 03-08-2023
And thats exactly the kind of guy you want! He is willing to take a little less to help the team. He's got the rings he could easily go for the top money out there but he sees the big picture! Mahomes, Kelce and Chris Jones have all done what they could for the team!

I LOVE these guys!
[Reply]
JPH83 02:12 PM 03-08-2023

He was very good down the stretch, as good as he was terrible the first half of the season. Which is sort of the tale of Thornhill. Wildly inconsistent, certainly too inconsistent to pay too much to. It's a shame, he was a frustrating watch, he'll probably turn out to be a great pick up for someone. Good luck to him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He was very good down the stretch, as good as he was terrible the first half of the season. Which is sort of the tale of Thornhill. Wildly inconsistent, certainly too inconsistent to pay too much to. It's a shame, he was a frustrating watch, he'll probably turn out to be a great pick up for someone. Good luck to him.
I'm not sure Thornhill will ever be "great". He's just not the same player as he was before the injury. He looked like a future All-Pro early on and then he got hurt and it just hasn't been the same since.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:16 PM 03-08-2023

#AZCardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins admitted on @PatMcAfeeShow that he’s “been hearing a lot of trade talks.” On that subject, my understanding is if a trade did happen, he’d be flexible on the last two years of his contract – rather than shoot for a top-of-the-market deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 8, 2023

That changes his fit with the Chiefs...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:

That changes his fit with the Chiefs...
Changes it a lot, at least potentially. We'll find out what he actually meant after he signs but it sure looks like he's trying to remove barriers.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 258
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up