ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
O.city 10:07 AM 02-20-2024
Worthy is the UT WR they'd like I'd imagine.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:09 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Worthy is the UT WR they'd like I'd imagine.
Agreed.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 02-20-2024
I also think Brian Thomas JR has kinda fallen by the wayside for us, but if he were to be there that would be a great pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 02-20-2024
I also think Brian Thomas JR has kinda fallen by the wayside for us, but if he were to be there that would be a great pick.
I think most of us just don't expect him to be available. Have a hard time seeing him get passed Buffalo.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:33 AM 02-20-2024
Staylor, it would be cool to do one of these for the 2nd round as well, as it widens the conversation to other position groups (like OG). It could also get spicy if we tag/trade Sneed and end up with another 2nd rounder to play with.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Staylor, it would be cool to do one of these for the 2nd round as well, as it widens the conversation to other position groups (like OG). It could also get spicy if we tag/trade Sneed and end up with another 2nd rounder to play with.
Thought about it the last couple of years, but didn't do it. Will do it this year though.
[Reply]
O.city 12:24 PM 02-20-2024
Pat does it with Kelce, hasn't really done it with anyone else.

Get guys who separate.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:56 PM 02-20-2024
We generally haven't gone for contested catch guys, we've gone for separators. But Terrell Owens was great in Reids system so it could work.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:16 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We generally haven't gone for contested catch guys, we've gone for separators. But Terrell Owens was great in Reids system so it could work.
I don’t see Mecole, Skyy, or even Rice as separators.

Maybe they hoped they would be.

At least Rice is good.

Let’s try to do good again.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 02-20-2024
Yea, if the Chiefs throw a curveball and take Mitchell, I will be more than happy with the pick.

I just don't see it actually happening.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:57 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, if the Chiefs throw a curveball and take Mitchell, I will be more than happy with the pick.

I just don't see it actually happening.
I feel this way about Keon Coleman, who is a hard prospect for me to gadge. The WR class is so good and so deep that I'll trust who Veach picks
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I feel this way about Keon Coleman, who is a hard prospect for me to gadge. The WR class is so good and so deep that I'll trust who Veach picks
Go back and watch Coleman returning punts and running after the catch.

That's stuff this team values at the position. He's not just a contested catch guy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:08 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Go back and watch Coleman returning punts and running after the catch.

That's stuff this team values at the position. He's not just a contested catch guy.

There’s a play where he’s running towards the endzone and some little corner pulls up and he just puts his hand on him and pushes him away like a child while continuing to score a Touchdown.

I normally do look for the speed, route running combo but Mitchell and Coleman have my full attention.
[Reply]
O.city 01:23 PM 02-20-2024
Mecole has been one of the higher separation generators IIRC
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:26 PM 02-20-2024
Mecole has been one of the higher separation generators IIRC
Huh?

He has elite speed but his lack of route running means he isn’t an elite separator.

If Mecole actually had that ability he would be getting way more $$$ than vet min offers or 5 million from a desperate franchise.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up