ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 192
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:26 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
So the guy that runs like a deer and was twice as productive in college is going to be a decoy while the guy that runs like a snail and is rail thin too is going to eat. Hmm. I think not.

Mitchell will be lucky if he proves to be a Tee Higgins. That is a reliable but not dynamic #2 WR. He's no Alpha dawg. I'd respect this "alpha" bullshit mentality if you were saying these things about Keon Coleman because he at least has the mass and speed to potentially be that guy.
If he actually "ran like a snail" there would be no need for the Alabama corners to constantly grab his jersey because he was beating them so bad.

:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 02:27 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If he actually "ran like a snail" there would be no need for the Alabama corners to constantly grab his jersey because he was beating them so bad.

:-)
If I give you the over/under on him at 4.58 in the 40 what are you taking?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:28 PM 02-27-2024
If I give you the over/under on him at 4.58 in the 40 what are you taking?

Under.

If he runs around what J Jeff did I am good.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:30 PM 02-27-2024
Under.

If he runs around what J Jeff did I am good.
Dude, Jefferson ran a 4.43.

Aint' no way on this planet that Mitchell is touching that.

I gave you 4.58 because Tee Higgins ran a 4.59.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:32 PM 02-27-2024
Dude, Jefferson ran a 4.43.

Aint' no way on this planet that Mitchell is touching that.

I gave you 4.58 because Tee Higgins ran a 4.59.
Oh did he?

I thought it was closer to 4.5.

I'm fine with that.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 02-27-2024

I cannot emphasize the difficulty of this catch enough. The tracking, balance, stride control, and eye control while running full speed tracking up over the top are insane. If Worthy's gait is out of control and not balanced, his eyes would have to compensate even more..Wow pic.twitter.com/5K94mcjUkG

— Erik Turner Cover 1 Jefe (@ErikJTurner) February 27, 2024

I am not at all comparing Worthy to Tyreek, but the difference between Tyreek and our other gadget guys was that Tyreek had the WR skills too.

Worthy isn't Hardman. He can track the ball in the air. He's a much better route runner than Hardman was coming out too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I am not at all comparing Worthy to Tyreek, but the difference between Tyreek and our other gadget guys was that Tyreek had the WR skills too.

Worthy isn't Hardman. He can track the ball in the air. He's a much better route runner than Hardman was coming out too.
Funny thing about a Tyreek comp is that he wouldn't have run under it. He'd have run to the spot, jumped up and turned. He just never seemed as comfortable with the over the shoulder catch. Given his druthers, he'd turn and go up for it every time.

And as for that catch - it's a very good one but almost to the point that I'm not sure it's not about 1/2 luck. Let's do the most extreme example so as to not make this sound worse than it is. If OBJ attempted that insane Monday Night catch 50 times, he'd snag it maybe 3 or 4 of them. It took great skill to be in the position to make the catch but sometimes these guys surprise themselves. I kinda wonder if Worthy didn't there.

Though to your overarching point, yes, I far prefer Worthy to Mitchell. Because I think Worthy's floor is a lot higher. Worthy is GOING to produce in this league. Maybe never more than 5-600 yards in a season if he doesn't fully develop, but he'll produce.

Mitchell could just end up being Jalen Reagor. There's just nothing special there, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Funny thing about a Tyreek comp is that he wouldn't have run under it. He'd have run to the spot, jumped up and turned. He just never seemed as comfortable with the over the shoulder catch. Given his druthers, he'd turn and go up for it every time.

And as for that catch - it's a very good one but almost to the point that I'm not sure it's not about 1/2 luck. Let's do the most extreme example so as to not make this sound worse than it is. If OBJ attempted that insane Monday Night catch 50 times, he'd snag it maybe 3 or 4 of them. It took great skill to be in the position to make the catch but sometimes these guys surprise themselves. I kinda wonder if Worthy didn't there.

Though to your overarching point, yes, I far prefer Worthy to Mitchell. Because I think Worthy's floor is a lot higher. Worthy is GOING to produce in this league. Maybe never more than 5-600 yards in a season if he doesn't fully develop, but he'll produce.

Mitchell could just end up being Jalen Reagor. There's just nothing special there, IMO.
I can absolutely see Tyreek doing that lol, the gift of being the fastest player ever on a football field.

But yea, it's even not about this one catch, he just consistently shows the WR skills to be more than just a gadget guy.

And we know with our history that we can plug a guy like him in right away and get 500+ yards and 6+ TDs in the gadget role alone year 1.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:49 PM 02-27-2024
Oh did he?

I thought it was closer to 4.5.

I'm fine with that.
Yeah. The issue with Mitchell is he's probably the same speed as Higgins but 20 pounds lighter. So if you add weight to help him play a more physical game, he's just going to get slower. He also doesn't look to have elite agility at his size like a guy like Hopkins has. That's not to say he can't be good, but any visions of him blowing by an NFL corner are probably null and void. We'll see what he runs before I make a final assessment but right now Mitchell is in my bottom half of the 2nd range. If he runs significantly faster than what I see watching the guy on TV, I might change my opinion. I just see him as a guy that got plenty of 1-on-1 looks because of the fear of Worthy over the top and he had enough to stick it to some college DBs. That's fine. I'm not saying he'll be bad I just don't think he's going to amazing either
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 02-27-2024
Worthy falls right in that 5'11-6'1 range Dj and I were talking about the other day.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:06 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I need to watch Franklin more I guess.
Many of his highlights on YouTube are just deep shots, but he is more than just a straight line deep threat.

He isn't the route runner that AD Mitchell is, but he is a much better route runner than MVS, and it's not even close.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:09 PM 02-27-2024
Yeah. The issue with Mitchell is he's probably the same speed as Higgins but 20 pounds lighter. So if you add weight to help him play a more physical game, he's just going to get slower. He also doesn't look to have elite agility at his size like a guy like Hopkins has. That's not to say he can't be good, but any visions of him blowing by an NFL corner are probably null and void. We'll see what he runs before I make a final assessment but right now Mitchell is in my bottom half of the 2nd range. If he runs significantly faster than what I see watching the guy on TV, I might change my opinion. I just see him as a guy that got plenty of 1-on-1 looks because of the fear of Worthy over the top and he had enough to stick it to some college DBs. That's fine. I'm not saying he'll be bad I just don't think he's going to amazing either
Fast enough and has more craft to his routes than Worthy who will play 40+ lbs lighter at the NFL level.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:12 PM 02-27-2024
Honestly, the "slot" only stuff doesn't really mean much to me in the Chiefs current offense. They don't really do that. Guys move around everywhere.
One of the reasons I wanted Mims over Rice last year was because I knew the history of rookie wide receivers under Reid, but Reid gets excited to draw up plays for special players. I also wanted Mims because he is a good punt returner.

Mims is nowhere near as explosive (to me anyway) as Worthy, and I think Andy would love to design plays for another 4.2 guy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:15 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
One of the reasons I wanted Mims over Rice last year was because I knew the history of rookie wide receivers under Reid, but Reid gets excited to draw up plays for special players. I also wanted Mims because he is a good punt returner.

Mims is nowhere near as explosive (to me anyway) as Worthy, and I think Andy would love to design plays for another 4.2 guy.
What role do you see for Worthy in the NFL?

#1 WR

#2 WR

Slot/Gadget?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 02-27-2024
Worthy falls right in that 5'11-6'1 range Dj and I were talking about the other day.
Doesn't hit my 190, though...

He's a slight dude. Not fair to call him 'little' necessarily, but there's not a super long list of guys built like him that hold up well to the NFL.

I mean your first thought is Waddle but Waddle was shorter/thicker than Worthy.

I can really only think of DeVonta Smith of late. Does worthy have that kind of explosion? Is he that easy in/out of his cuts?

Feels like that's the kind of guy you hope Worthy can be but that's a pretty tall order. All due respect to Worthy, what DeVonta was doing at Alabama was damn near unprecedented. Worthy wasn't THAT.

And on that subject, you just know that MahomesMagic would've been here calling Jerry Jeudy the big dawg Alpha at Alabama while Smith was just a tiny slot guy...
[Reply]
Page 93 of 192
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up