ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Left Tackles
The Franchise 09:34 AM 04-19-2024
If I had to guess, we'll see a battle between whatever rookie LT they draft and Morris in camp. If neither of them look anywhere close to ready then they'll sign Donovan Smith.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:45 AM 04-19-2024
If I were going to call my shots...

Experienced, the guy I would move up for, trust can be a LT - Troy Fautanu
Not quite the experience level you want, a little projection, but shows enough traits I think you can take him and start him - Kingsley Suamataia
Hasn't really played LT, you're working on projection but think he can - Blake Fisher
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 04-19-2024
Weirdly enough, the PFF mock draft tool dropped Kingsley down to 66th overall. Before that he was in the mid 30s.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:16 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Weirdly enough, the PFF mock draft tool dropped Kingsley down to 66th overall. Before that he was in the mid 30s.
I can't fathom he drops past New England at 34, much less Washington having two picks at the top of the 2nd.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:09 AM 04-19-2024
One guy I do have my eye on is Javon Foster. He's not super quick, I don't love his foot speed, but he's long and he was fairly effective in the SEC. Just seems like a guy that Veach and Reid might sign off on in the 3rd round as that guy that can compete and be a swing OT if he doesn't win.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:12 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
One guy I do have my eye on is Javon Foster. He's not super quick, I don't love his foot speed, but he's long and he was fairly effective in the SEC. Just seems like a guy that Veach and Reid might sign off on in the 3rd round as that guy that can compete and be a swing OT if he doesn't win.
Had him in for a top 30 visit too.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:02 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yeah, I'd happily sub him for Wiley in my mock. I'm relatively high on him but I think we'd have to give him help sometimes. Not that different from what we've had the past few years at LT.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Still feel like he's a 4th rounder; just have never seen the athleticism to believe he'll translate well to the NFL.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:13 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still feel like he's a 4th rounder; just have never seen the athleticism to believe he'll translate well to the NFL.
That's the major concern. Is he a guard or a tackle? He survived the SEC but this isn't college anymore. I just don't know if he has enough. I feel like as a 3rd or 4th rounder you can take that shot and not lose.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:18 PM 04-19-2024
That's the major concern. Is he a guard or a tackle? He survived the SEC but this isn't college anymore. I just don't know if he has enough. I feel like as a 3rd or 4th rounder you can take that shot and not lose.

I think Foster could be a solid RT in a zone blocking/Shanahan scheme I can’t see him surviving LT.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Honestly isn't a guy I've done much homework on, just pointing that out.

I'm not all that interested in the OTs once Blake Fisher is off the board.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:08 PM 04-20-2024
I've been wondering which local prospect we'll take this year, and he's one of my favorites also. I think there's a pocket in the 4-5 of solid OL prospects that includes Foster and Christian Jones etc... that we'll tap into if we don't take a guy early.
Attached: Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 2.08.14 PM.jpg (23.8 KB) 
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 04-20-2024
Have heard multiple pods say that Patrick Paul is being undervalued by fans and is a lot higher on teams boards.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:28 PM 04-20-2024
Paul I think goes early to mid 2nd. If the Chiefs go BPA (I think they do), he won't be the pick but will certainly be gone by 64.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:06 PM 04-20-2024
Caedan Wallace was here on a top 30 visit. Outstanding size/speed profile. Similar to Morris but Wallace has better technique. Played RT at Penn St but scouts think he could easily be a G with a high ceiling.

Feels like he could be high on our board in rd 3. Perfect for replacing Trey next year IMO
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up