Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:55 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wtf are you talking about

he spend a day and a half with obi wan and used the force to hit an impossible shot

sabine has actually been training for years and had eight episodes to figure out how to connect with the force to do one minor pull and one giant push

that's perfectly fine
Luke was also the Chosen Son, who had talent. I'd compare the OT characters as to mythological figures that everyone wishes that they could be hence why it was revered.

How do we know she was training for years? Ahsoka tried being a her master but it didn't work out until now.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:49 PM 10-09-2023
I didn't see the Sabine moments as being out of nowhere. We spent several episodes watching her try and fail to summon things with the Force. Her summoning the lightsaber isn't unlike Luke summoning it in the cave on Hoth. We saw her try and struggle with it.

Then, in a do-or-die moment, with the pressure on, she breaks through.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:18 PM 10-09-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Luke was also the Chosen Son, who had talent.
Hence why his deeds were comparatively MUCH GREATER.

Originally Posted by :
How do we know she was training for years? Ahsoka tried being a her master but it didn't work out until now.
Did you even watch the series? :-)

You just like to bitch about things.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:31 PM 10-09-2023
Hence why his deeds were comparatively MUCH GREATER.

Did you even watch the series? :-)

You just like to bitch about things.
Did you? I said I loved Thrawn, but KK always fumble how to fundamentally flesh out training and the mental and physical pitfalls with steady progress instead we get an instant power up of a weak force user who suddenly becomes an expert. This why it should've taken 3 seasons instead if 1 season, because it diminishes the difficulty what it takes to be great unless you include that character could be a legend if they learn it going through the rigors of said training like Grogu possibly being The Chosen One of the distant future and Grogu is still paying his dues being so physically young.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:38 PM 10-09-2023
IT WASN'T AN INSTANT POWER UP YOU DILDO :-)

NOR WAS SHE AN EXPERT - Ahsoka even told her to switch to blasters because her saber skills sucked ass.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:44 PM 10-09-2023
IT WASN'T AN INSTANT POWER UP YOU DILDO :-)

NOR WAS SHE AN EXPERT - Ahsoka even told her to switch to blasters because her saber skills sucked ass.

No matter how you want to say it was a power up, because the droid said she didn't have talent. Then suddenly Deus ex Machina she can force push Ezra and being able to sense Anakin . There wasn't a journey where you are there each step it was a season another iteration" girl power " force users. A KK hallmark
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:47 AM 10-10-2023
No matter how you want to say it was a power up, because the droid said she didn't have talent. Then suddenly Deus ex Machina she can force push Ezra and being able to sense Anakin . There wasn't a journey where you are there each step it was a season another iteration" girl power " force users. A KK hallmark
The Hu Yuang didn't say she had no talent. It said she was low on the scale/recorded register.

If you're blaming this on Kathleen Kennedy, you're not giving enough credit to Filoni.

Sabine is from a warrior culture and has grown up fighting. She has melee combat skills that translate to basic use of a lightsaber, especially against non-Force users.

She was shown multiple times practicing and failing to use the Force to move objects. She was shown multiple times practicing deflecting blaster bolts with her lightsaber. Her background as Ahsoka's apprentice/trainee was discussed.

With her life on the line and she and her master and her friend in danger, she had a breakthrough moment and was able to summon the lightsaber.

And from there, showed more confidence in her abilities and faculties.

I think the issue is looking at The Force as this amazing well of power that's just there if you have it, and not if you don't. It's more complicated than that for most. Confidence and mental state can affect the connection to it, as has been shown multiple times throughout Star Wars canon (including Kenobi, where Obi-Wan had issues with his connection for a while). Just like anything that requires you be able to focus and block out distractions.

Look at Sabine's journey from the end of Rebels to the end of this season. Her best friend gives her his lightsaber before going on a mission he goes MIA on, says he sees something in her. She tries training in his absence, but it's hard and she struggles with the training and connecting to the Force. She has issues with doubt and self-worth, and always is thinking about her friend, finding him, and living up to his belief in her.

Then, she reconnects with her master. She finds him. She and her master re-unite and find peace with each other (and her master believes in her). Then, when the chips are down, she has a breakthrough moment and is finally able to focus and connect with the Force.

You can complain about the breakthrough moment and it coming out of nowhere, but the "where" is there, if you simply look for it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 AM 10-10-2023
Good post Duncan.

There was a lot of talk about, “Well Sabine still SUCKS”. What happened was her arc. It was supposed to be different. By definition.

I thought her arc worked better than Ahsokas did. She started as a cranky stoic, found her peace and then became the Ahsoka I expected. It’s a similar thing with her, she needed an arc. But it was a huge dissent from the character before. Even Dawsons portrayal in Mando/Fett (Mando S 2.5). I thought that was harder to believe.

If we’re going to complain about a power up, it’s Morgan. She got fucking HOUSED in Mando. Caught a spell and now she can hang with Ahsoka? I have no problem with it, but if there is a lame power up it’s her.
[Reply]
Calcountry 10:31 AM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
I can't believe they really resolved nothing and ended it going in five different directions.
So thankful i saved my money and my time. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 AM 10-10-2023
you losers missed out

epic setup
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 PM 10-10-2023
Started listening to Heir to the Empire.

Read the first chapter and flipped to the audiobook and the audiobook is much better because of the sound effects.

You get fanboi squees every chapter. R2 chirping, lightsaber's firing, blasters and tie fighters and X-wings and all the cool sounds.

Highly recommend the audiobook.
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:02 PM 10-10-2023

[Reply]
Miles 09:13 PM 10-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Started listening to Heir to the Empire.

Read the first chapter and flipped to the audiobook and the audiobook is much better because of the sound effects.

You get fanboi squees every chapter. R2 chirping, lightsaber's firing, blasters and tie fighters and X-wings and all the cool sounds.

Highly recommend the audiobook.
I listed to them a few years back and remember them being pretty entertaining. The narrator also does a good job and particularly with Thrawn.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:19 AM 10-11-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Kanan said she had no talent as a force user
[Reply]
trndobrd 05:12 AM 10-11-2023
Kanan said she had no talent as a force user
When did he say that?

In responding to Hera's question about Sabine using the force, he said “The Force resides in all living things, but you have to be open to it."
[Reply]
Page 22 of 24
« First < 121819202122 2324 >
Up