Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Uh Oh
https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/05/01/20...s-likely-busts
5 most likey 2024 AFC Draft Busts
#5 Maye, #4 Coleman, #3 Mims, #2 Sweat, #1 Nix
I'm starting to see why Q Joe is extremely excited! :-)

1. Bo Nix, QB, Denver Broncos
Why he’ll be a bust: Nix has a few things going against him. First, the Broncos are terrible around him. One could argue they have the worst roster in the NFL, including a leaky offensive line and a weapons group that has Courtland Sutton and not much else.

But the problems aren’t only about the supporting cast. Denver is also taking a chance on a kid who struggled mightily at Auburn, leading to his transfer. When playing within a pro-style offense with the Tigers for three seasons, Nix completed less than 60 percent of his attempts. Finally, he’s 24 years old. Has he already hit his ceiling?

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 03:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Why he’ll be a bust: Nix has a few things going against him. First, the Broncos are terrible around him. One could argue they have the worst roster in the NFL, including a leaky offensive line and a weapons group that has Courtland Sutton and not much else.

But the problems aren’t only about the supporting cast. Denver is also taking a chance on a kid who struggled mightily at Auburn, leading to his transfer. When playing within a pro-style offense with the Tigers for three seasons, Nix completed less than 60 percent of his attempts. Finally, he’s 24 years old. Has he already hit his ceiling?

Gee...uh..Oregon runs a pro styles offense with complex rout trees. Of course all the phrase really means is that the college is running offense that a professional team would run. Gosh...idk...sounds like "I have a deadline to get some thing published" analysis some one got from an internet message board for SI.

Whether he busts or not,...idk, but hopefully we'll get to find out.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Gee...uh..Oregon runs a pro styles offense with complex rout trees. Of course all the phrase really means is that the college is running offense that a professional team would run. Gosh...idk...sounds like "I have a deadline to get some thing published" analysis some one got from an internet message board for SI.

Whether he busts or not,...idk, but hopefully we'll get to find out.
So are you of the opinion that he magically flipped the switch overnight after transferring from the SEC?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 04:43 PM Today
So are you of the opinion that he magically flipped the switch overnight after transferring from the SEC?
I mean..probably not over night but definitely after 5 years of playing college football. Don't take my word for it....go look at the results.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 04:49 PM Today
And go look at Auburn's results. Surely, their program performance improved after Bo left.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Payton has big plans for Mims. One of the reasons they traded Jeudy was to open up more opportunities for Mims.

Mims would be an average speed player on the Chiefs
[Reply]
DomCasual 05:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Except when Bo Nix isn’t playing on designed plays or having his first read taken away it ends up going poorly.

There’s a reason he left the SEC. Real college defenses cooked him

I mean, I've seen some seriously dumb takes in my life (especially from you), and, well, this is one of them.

First, almost all of the plays in these two videos were not plays where his first read was taken away. Some of them were obviously poor throws. But every college QB could fill a similar "lowlight" reel, if you consider their entire careers. Did you even watch the videos before you posted them?

Second, the Auburn ones were from his sophomore season. It's crazy to imagine a sophomore quarterback having the occasional bad play. Right?

Third, while playing against, as you pointed out, SEC competition at Auburn, he threw INTs on 1.51% of his throws. In Patrick Mahomes BEST season at Texas Tech, he threw INTs on 1.67% of his throws.

To be clear, I don't think any realistic Broncos fan is saying that Bo Nix is destined to have the pro career of Patrick Mahomes. But it is accurate and relevant to point out that the ridiculous draft grades and immediate reviews by NFL draft "gurus" were quite similar, comparing the 10th pick of the 2017 draft and the 12th pick of the 2024 draft.
[Reply]
DomCasual 05:19 PM Today

Let's run with that. I bet we could go back and forth, dueling-banjos style.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/201...alysis-results

"Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He’s nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he’s going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick."
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
193rd (last in CFB) in depth of target in Nix’s time at Oregon and almost 70% of Nix’s targets were within 9 yards downfield.

Yikes
Matches what i saw on tape
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hey, but he was pretty good on the handful of deep balls he did throw!
Teams were stunned he threw it...and those didn't happen against elite defenses
[Reply]
Page 4848 of 4848
« First < 3848434847484798483848444845484648474848
Up