ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 295
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
fine, i look forward to CEH being as effective as Kareem was in carrying the load.
CEH going into yesterday's game, had 175 yards after contact and 2.6 yards per carry after contact.

BOTH numbers are superior to Kareem Hunt in 2018.

This fantasy that Kareem Hunt was some unstoppable force is pure nostalgia and nothing more.

And not only that, but after the first 5 games of Kareem's rookie season, he had SEVEN straight games with less than 100 yards rushing.

During that stretch of 7 games, he rushed for 40 yards or less 4 times.

I'm getting pretty tired of having to remind people that even the legendary Kareem Hunt had more than his share of bad games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 10-12-2020
For fucks sake McCluster was played WR later in his career. Drafted as and began his career as an RB I mean he had 500 rushing yards in his second year.
At what point in McCluster's rookie year was he ranked 7th in the NFL in rushing yards?

Because CEH is.

CEH has 25 more yards on 1 less carry than...

Derrick Henry.

People on this board are just plain dumb.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:07 AM 10-12-2020
That dude you're responding to is a certified retard
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
That dude you're responding to is a certified retard
I'm sorry.

There's so many terrible takes around this place after a loss like this, I lose track and lose my focus.
[Reply]
Pants 10:24 AM 10-12-2020
Do you guys remember how incredible Kareem Hunt was his rookie year back in 2018? Wow.

I wish CEH could be as good.

:-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:27 AM 10-12-2020
In terms of effectiveness and production I think they will be the same - time will tell
This is paint eating territory.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 AM 10-12-2020
For ****s sake McCluster was played WR later in his career. Drafted as and began his career as an RB I mean he had 500 rushing yards in his second year.
He played stupid Todd Haley retard gadget WR early in his career. McCluster was too slow and stupid to convert fully, but Haley really wanted him running in the slot on base plays. So they force fed him the ball and even helped him out by lining him up out of the backfield until he could figure his shit out. Meanwhile, the whole, "Let's figure out how to get him the ball in space!" was always a wasted play because he wasn't always the best option. Those were very inefficient plays considering we had a much faster and lethal player we should have focused on getting the ball in space to-- Jamaal Charles.

In 2011 they moved him back to RB, and then brought him back to retard gadget WR in 2012. Reid finally figured out what was retarded about McCluster and got him playing slot in 2013, though.

It's quite disingenuous to say McCluster was a RB for any season but his 2nd year in KC. And it's even more disingenuous to compare the two players, since McCluster was a huge pussy who went down if you aggressively looked at him, and CEH can actually do a pretty damn good job of breaking tackles in this league.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:50 AM 10-12-2020
People are really losing their minds after the 4-1 Super Bowl Champions lose one game they needed everything to go against them and then some to lose by 8.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:52 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
People are really losing their minds after the 4-1 Super Bowl Champions lose one game they needed everything to go against them and then some to lose by 8.
It's not having a loss. Its the way they lost. The OL blocking and running game has been bad 3 out of 5 games. Teams are beating our OL. LAC bad, Pats bad and now the Raiders. That's a pattern and it's concerning.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 10-12-2020
Unrealistic standard comparing him to Kareem, who had a full offseason, training camp, preseason behind a better OL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:55 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Unrealistic standard comparing him to Kareem, who had a full offseason, training camp, preseason behind a better OL.
Yet he still compares favorably. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yet he still compares favorably. :-)
Yep.

I think it's just because CEH hasn't had an eye-popping game like Kareem did in his FIRST GAME EVER.

As soon as that happens, people will be like, "wow, OK, please block."
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:42 AM 10-12-2020
Did anyone expect CEH to run over defenders on a regular basis? That's not his game, but he is harder to bring down than I thought he would be. The weak-ass OL is the problem. Fisher is the only one playing at an adequate level, barely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Did anyone expect CEH to run over defenders on a regular basis? That's not his game, but he is harder to bring down than I thought he would be. The weak-ass OL is the problem. Fisher is the only one playing at an adequate level, barely.
His yards after contact numbers are actually superior to Hunt's at this point.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:50 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His yards after contact numbers are actually superior to Hunt's at this point.
That is probably another indictment of the OL. If CEH wasn't adept at gaining yards after contact, our running game would be useless.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 295
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Up