ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
The Meltdown Lounge>Let's talk about the Washington Football Team
Hammock Parties 10:04 AM 10-11-2021
It is time to get right and get back to .500.

In order to do so we have to:

1. Stop Taylor Heinicke, who is playing surprisingly well.

2. Boatrace an absolutely dreadful Washington defense.

Heinicke's mobility could be an issue for us. But he is not going to make throws like Allen made last night.

We need to block Montez Sweat, who is an extremely fast pass rusher for Washington (4.4 40 yard dash at 262 lbs). He scares me a little if he lines up against Niang.

I think the Chiefs offense gets right against a pretty bad defense and we win 35-24 or so. This isn't a good team.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:08 PM 10-13-2021
Does Heineke need to throw though? Just run the ball...Chiefs can't stop that...

...only hope is our Offense being who they are and forcing WFT to play catch up.

We're gonna do it. Dammit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Just run the ball...Chiefs can't stop that...
Opposing running backs are averaging 3.8 yards per carry since the Baltimore game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Just need to stop those damn QBs running...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:37 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Opposing running backs are averaging 3.8 yards per carry since the Baltimore game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Just need to stop those damn QBs running...
Interesting...I guess I never really thought about it...but all the QB's we've lost to are actually pretty mobile...
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:37 PM 10-13-2021
Here's a novel concept for the WFT game: FUCKING BLITZ. Isn't that what Spags' defenses are known for? Exotic blitzes? Constant pressure from anywhere at any time? It certainly looked way better in the second half of that Buffalo abortion than the previous 18 quarters of ineptitude.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 10-13-2021
Well get ready, because Heinicke can scoot.

0:34


[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Here's a novel concept for the WFT game: FUCKING BLITZ. Isn't that what Spags' defenses are known for? Exotic blitzes? Constant pressure from anywhere at any time? It certainly looked way better in the second half of that Buffalo abortion than the previous 18 quarters of ineptitude.
Chiefs are blitzing 30% of the time - near the top of the league.

Blitzes aren't getting home and when they do the coverage breakdowns are so quick and so thorough that the ball just comes to a wide open receiver before anyone can finish the play.

Thus far blitzing hasn't really been the answer either.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:44 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Chiefs are blitzing 30% of the time - near the top of the league.

Blitzes aren't getting home and when they do the coverage breakdowns are so quick and so thorough that the ball just comes to a wide open receiver before anyone can finish the play.

Thus far blitzing hasn't really been the answer either.
What was the percentage prior to the second half of the Buffalo game? It seemed we dialed it up and it was highly effective; almost like this roster was built for that style of play. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
What was the percentage prior to the second half of the Buffalo game? It seemed we dialed it up and it was highly effective; almost like this roster was built for that style of play. :-)
{shrug}

I just don't know how frequently you can blitz right now when your secondary can't stay on the same page for more than a snap or two at a time.

It's really a mess.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:48 PM 10-13-2021
Tyreek not practicing today with a quad injury, Thuney not practicing with a broken hand and of course Chris Jones is not practicing with the AIDS in his wrist “injury”.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:48 PM 10-13-2021
I need to go find the tweet but Niemann has blitzed like 14-15 times. Dude has gotten there zero times. No pressures.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:51 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I need to go find the tweet but Niemann has blitzed like 14-15 times. Dude has gotten there zero times. No pressures.
That's not surprising. Might as well throw harsh words at the QB...it'll be about as effective. Waste of a roster spot, Niemann is.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:51 PM 10-13-2021
We must have a plan to handle Chase Young. If he is neutralized, then the Washington Defense becomes fairly pedestrian. Without a dominant defense, the entire team becomes nothing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:43 PM 10-13-2021
I like how all the Chiefs pundits are now basically shooing us in for 5-3, like we were playing the 2020 Jaguars every game, the same way they all had us as a lock to be in the Superbowl again before the season started.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:47 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tyreek not practicing today with a quad injury, Thuney not practicing with a broken hand and of course Chris Jones is not practicing with the AIDS in his wrist “injury”.
JFC...Chris Jones...:-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:52 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tyreek not practicing today with a quad injury, Thuney not practicing with a broken hand and of course Chris Jones is not practicing with the AIDS in his wrist “injury”.
LOL. Change his name from Chris to Lil Frank.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up