ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 68
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
The Meltdown Lounge>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Superturtle 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:46 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-votes...r-another-term


Well looks like the vote to retain Demaurice Smith was successful. The fact that this story came out the right before the vote is just pure coincidence. We were about to vote our brother out but now we stand with him in solidarity. Guy got the lowest possible amount of votes to retain his job and told the voters that he would step down after this term.

This whole Gruden story stinks.
It doesn't stink like Urban Meyer's fingers.

Speaking of someone else who's grateful about the Gruden story...
[Reply]
Spott 01:01 PM 10-10-2021
I wonder what the vulgar comment he made about Goodell was.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:14 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
"Dumborris Smith" actually gave me a good laugh. Too many thin-skinned pusscakes in this country.
Meh, once you hit high school or so, name-calling looses its appeal as a comedic device.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:13 PM 10-11-2021

The NFL sent the Raiders additional Jon Gruden emails to review on top of the negative one that surfaced last week and, per sources around the league, the NFL is actively monitoring the situation and waiting to see how the team will handle the matter.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 11, 2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:21 PM 10-11-2021
So, to be clear: Gruden wrote something in an email over 10 years ago that was unflattering to Demaurice Smith, so because Smith is not white Gruden must pay with his job.

But the NFL doesn't have a problem with allowing known domestic abusers to play (a la Greg Hardy/A. Brown/etc.) . . . because why again?

Double standards, baby.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:24 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So, to be clear: Gruden wrote something in an email over 10 years ago that was unflattering to Demaurice Smith, so because Smith is not white Gruden must pay with his job.

But the NFL doesn't have a problem with allowing known domestic abusers to play (a la Greg Hardy/A. Brown/etc.) . . . because why again?

Double standards, baby.
The guys you put in your example lost their jobs too, though. Not sure where you're going with this?
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 05:15 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
“ Human trafficking is a modern form of slavery. It is an extreme form of labor exploitation where women, men and children are recruited or obtained and then forced to labor against their will through force, fraud or coercion. Trafficking victims are often lured by false promises of decent jobs and better lives.”
What's your point? I can give you the definition of starvation too, doesn't mean it occurs with any practical frequency in the United States. Do you know how many people went missing in the USA in 2018? -3000. They found 3000 more people than went missing. The total amount of people missing from ALL TIME in the USA is 85,000.

As far as importing them in from other countries? Welp, your own quote indicating they are "lured by false promises of decent jobs and better lives" kinda covers that one. The sex workers in the Kraft case are a fine example - listed as "sex trafficking victims" despite direct evidence they were free to come and go and their own direct testimony that they were not being held against their will whatsoever.

Now, does that mean that someone being held against their will and trafficked for forced sexual activity never happens? Of course not. And certainly it can and should be eliminated wherever found, just like murder, rape, or other heinous crimes. For what it's worth, happens primarily in California. But it's neither legal nor common and claims far fewer victims each year than suicide, overdoses, car accidents, you name it, even by the most aggressive measurements possible, which would put it somewhere around 2000 incidents per year in the USA as a whole. Just saying.
[Reply]
Superturtle 05:18 PM 10-11-2021
Really milking it now.

�� The email from Jon Gruden – and some of the reaction to it – confirms that the fight against racism, racist tropes and intolerance is not over. This is not about an email as much as it is about a pervasive belief by some that people who look like me can be treated as less.

— DeMaurice Smith (@demauricesmith) October 11, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:24 PM 10-11-2021
His first statement on the matter was full of phony, pompous indignation and this one is no better... yeah he's milking it hard, no question

The whole situation perfectly encapsulates whats wrong with this nation right now... trying to drum up some minor slight from 11 years ago, with the hope of costing someone their job

Smith is a snowflake pussy
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:26 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The guys you put in your example lost their jobs too, though. Not sure where you're going with this?
:-)
Of course you don't. Eyes wide shut, again.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:27 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who cares
The entire world. This kinda shit is all that matters these days.
[Reply]
Superturtle 05:27 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
His first statement on the matter was full of phony, pompous indignation and this one is no better... yeah he's milking it hard, no question

The whole situation perfectly encapsulates whats wrong with this nation right now... trying to drum up some minor slight from 11 years ago, with the hope of costing someone their job

Smith is a snowflake pussy
NFL probably welcomes it with open arms. WFT was just raided by the DEA last week and nobody has said shit. This is a nice little distraction.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:27 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Of course you don't. Eyes wide shut, again.
Because I presented facts? The Panthers cut Hardy and the Patriots absolutely releasd Brown.

How are your examples useful?
[Reply]
jd1020 05:30 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Really milking it now.

Oh Dumboriss Smith, read my Michelin tire sized lips

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:35 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
NFL probably welcomes it with open arms. WFT was just raided by the DEA last week and nobody has said shit. This is a nice little distraction.
Right? haven't heard a peep about that story since the day the news broke
[Reply]
Page 9 of 68
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up