ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 218
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218 >
The Meltdown Lounge>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 10:13 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Well he wasn't right, he happened to turn out to be right but that's because Taylor's skillset changed.

His fumbling issues are gone and he's catching passes. That's new information that Ubeja didn't have at the time
My issue was his workload was really heavy.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:27 PM 10-11-2021
when we win another Super Bowl and I'm the GM I'd ask Patrick who we should draft with our first pick


CEH had a great rookie campaign and everyone loved him then he got hurt and this year he was getting back to excelling but running backs get hurt so that happened again he was and is still a great pick if only he can stay healthy.
[Reply]
-King- 10:56 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
when we win another Super Bowl and I'm the GM I'd ask Patrick who we should draft with our first pick


CEH had a great rookie campaign and everyone loved him then he got hurt and this year he was getting back to excelling but running backs get hurt so that happened again he was and is still a great pick if only he can stay healthy.
He was averaging like a yard or 2 a carry before he got hurt. When the line gives him holes that are 10 feet wide, he's been good. But when it's just normal sized holes, he goes back to being shit.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:12 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He was averaging like a yard or 2 a carry before he got hurt. When the line gives him holes that are 10 feet wide, he's been good. But when it's just normal sized holes, he goes back to being shit.
He kicked ass last year till he got hurt.

This year I think he just hasn't found his groove but he was going get there. I don't know how he will be after this injury I hope it's not major sit back but I expect him get healthy and Excell in this offense. I am still hopeful for him to have great seasons and contribute to winning championships but he does have to stay healthy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:16 PM 10-11-2021
Leg injuries seem to be piling up with this guy. That's 3 in 1 year. Not exactly good for a RB
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Leg injuries seem to be piling up with this guy. That's 3 in 1 year. Not exactly good for a RB
I don't think he has the build to seek out contact like he has in the NFL. I know he's tough and tough to bring down (at least he was in the start of 2020), but he's not going to last if he keeps meeting LB's head on in the open field.
[Reply]
-King- 12:52 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He kicked ass last year till he got hurt.
He had 2 good games. He had 8 games before the injury where he averaged 4 or less yards per carry. That's terrible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 10-12-2021
Gore is taking the job and not giving it back.

Terrell Davis II
[Reply]
penguinz 12:58 PM 10-12-2021
Meck still will not admit CEH is a JAG. Going to blame his injury despite CEH's 1.9ypc before the injury.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:03 PM 10-12-2021
As soon as the holes disappeared so did CEH.
[Reply]
TEX 02:09 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Meck still will not admit CEH is a JAG. Going to blame his injury despite CEH's 1.9ypc before the injury.
Who cares? Just move on. It's obvious he's a JAG. Some people want to hold out hope that he will actually be something. IMO he won't. He's too small and slow and on top of that he is injury prone. You can't do anything about those who don't see that...Meck knows his stuff. He has his reasons for holding out.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:27 PM 10-12-2021
With all due respect to Meck and Raspy, both guys I like very much... I'm not gonna miss Clyde one little bit

Sorry, not sorry

Yes he had a couple 100 yard days this year, but in my VERY honest opinion... he left a shitload of yards on the field, and always does

Some of the gaping maws opened for him are just begging to be exploited for 30-40-50 yards, and he gets 10-15... even the best GMs make mistakes, and this was one for Veach
[Reply]
TEX 05:47 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
With all due respect to Meck and Raspy, both guys I like very much... I'm not gonna miss Clyde one little bit

Sorry, not sorry

Yes he had a couple 100 yard days this year, but in my VERY honest opinion... he left a shitload of yards on the field, and always does

Some of the gaping maws opened for him are just begging to be exploited for 30-40-50 yards, and he gets 10-15... even the best GMs make mistakes, and this was one for Veach
So much THIS.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:12 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
With all due respect to Meck and Raspy, both guys I like very much... I'm not gonna miss Clyde one little bit

Sorry, not sorry

Yes he had a couple 100 yard days this year, but in my VERY honest opinion... he left a shitload of yards on the field, and always does

Some of the gaping maws opened for him are just begging to be exploited for 30-40-50 yards, and he gets 10-15... even the best GMs make mistakes, and this was one for Veach
Our offensive line is REALLY good.

The interior of our Oline is fucking elite. Thuney,Humphrey, and Smith are all going to be All-Pro at some point. Our OT's aren't fantastic but they are solid. We should have a dominant running game. Many teams can create a good running game with his 2 good run blockers. We have 3 side-by-side with the other 2 being solid. Defenses are set to stop the pass too.

Why isn't our running game in the Top-3?

Coaching? RB? Both?

Parker says that CEH is Emmitt Smith, but wouldn't Smith would be averaging about 7 yards a carry behind this line?
[Reply]
srvy 06:21 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think he might be the slowest, least explosive RB I have ever seen.. and this team has received heavy contributions from the likes of Darrell Williams, Spencer Ware and Jackie Battle in recent (ish) years.

I don't follow college ball at all, but wtf did our scouting department see in this guy? Whatever it was, it is clearly not translating to this level.
This is me I don't particularly care for college football and seldom watch till the bowl games and championship. I did read a lot about his wonders from CP. I wasn't wanting to draft an RB I wanted an O-line or linebacker. I had no clue of this guy but what I read and I was swayed. I could see last year he was bad in pass protection and figured he would get better. He seemed to have some power to move a pile but got caught in the backfield a lot. I thought it was the o line. When he couldn't catch the ball out in the flat and we wouldn't run screens I got concerned. This year sealed the deal for me that he will be a jag and probably won't get a second contract. I just got to wonder if everything got screwed with covid in scouting and relied on tape and coaching evaluations from his college coaches. He looks like a guy you take a chance on in late rounds.
[Reply]
Page 215 of 218
« First < 115165205211212213214215 216217218 >
Up