ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 61
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:30 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
I recall a place (early 90s) in the Oak Park Mall called "Maid-Rite". Basically, it was a sloppy Joe of some sort. I gave it a try. One try. Never went back. They ended up closing like 6 months later...
It still exists, mostly in Iowa. It was the basis for the 'Loose Meat Sandwich' restaurant on Roseanne. Only time I ever tried them, they went out of business in Kirksville early in my freshman year at NEMSU/TSU.
[Reply]
srvy 01:49 PM 06-30-2016
Yes Maid-Rite was an old time burger stand that started in Iowa selling loose meat sandwiches, pocket burgers, hotdogs and fries. We would stop and eat at one all the time on Pheasant hunting trips with my Dad. They went dead as a doornail in the 70s but Tom and Roseann Arnold when the were a thing bought the recipe and name tried to franchise them again. It was a miserable failure they put one in at a Hyvee gas station on Missouri 1 in gladstone. I tried it and was last time it wasn't even close to what I remembered as a kid.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 01:52 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I ate there as a kid a few times. I think it was in Virginia. It was the first fast food place where I remember seeing the overly large plastic soda cups with merchandising tie ins. I think they were NASCAR related. I'm ambivalent towards the place. Oddly enough my grandfather knew Carl (of Carl's Junior) very well so I feel a vague connection to the place.
Hardee's was actually owned by two different companies at the same time. Bodie Noell (sp) owned half and another company owned the other half. If you went to them in Virginia...those were mostly owned by Bodie Noell and not the Carl's Junior ones.....noob. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 01:56 PM 06-30-2016
Also.. Carl's Jr. WTF is with the possessive apostrophe "Jr."? That name pisses me off for no good reason..
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:32 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Also.. Carl's Jr. WTF is with the possessive apostrophe "Jr."? That name pisses me off for no good reason..
The original Carl's restaurant was very large in size. When Carl Karcher opened up two other locations, they were considerably smaller, hence a "Carl's junior" restaurant.

I get it how it's annoying. Same for Ralphs grocery stores. Why isn't is Ralph's? It's actually because the founder's last name was Ralphs but it's still annoying.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:14 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yes Maid-Rite was an old time burger stand that started in Iowa selling loose meat sandwiches, pocket burgers, hotdogs and fries. We would stop and eat at one all the time on Pheasant hunting trips with my Dad. They went dead as a doornail in the 70s but Tom and Roseann Arnold when the were a thing bought the recipe and name tried to franchise them again. It was a miserable failure they put one in at a Hyvee gas station on Missouri 1 in gladstone. I tried it and was last time it wasn't even close to what I remembered as a kid.
There's still a legit original Maid Rite in Lexington, MO.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:19 PM 06-30-2016
Hardee's gets my vote for the best fast food breakfast. I haven't had their burger in a few years, but the last time I had one I thought it was pretty good for fast food, but expensive. (I don't consider places like Red Robin and Five Guys to be in the same category).

Their monster biscuit is what I usually get, but their basic sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit is great too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:23 PM 06-30-2016
Ate there once, on a long 4.5 hour drive back home from Tallahassee a couple of years back. Was outside the city environs for about an hour. It was evening. Think it was Perry, Florida—the boonies. I was starving and didn't see much else around. I will NEVER go back.

I considered their breakfast (minus the biscuit) once when I thought my hotel on a business trip only had only that nearby, but luckily there were other choices. I, literally, felt rescued.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:25 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It still exists, mostly in Iowa. It was the basis for the 'Loose Meat Sandwich' restaurant on Roseanne. Only time I ever tried them, they went out of business in Kirksville early in my freshman year at NEMSU/TSU.
Maid Rite in Marion, Iowa is legit. Shoe string onion rings, tenderloins, maid rites, cheese rites, hand made pie from the local pie lady. Mmmmmm.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:27 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Hardee's gets my vote for the best fast food breakfast. I haven't had their burger in a few years, but the last time I had one I thought it was pretty good for fast food, but expensive. (I don't consider places like Red Robin and Five Guys to be in the same category).

Their monster biscuit is what I usually get, but their basic sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit is great too.

Five Guys is still fast food to me; Red Robin, though, is a full-on restaurant.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:28 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
There's still a legit original Maid Rite in Lexington, MO.
By golly, you're right! I remember that place now. A little drive in joint (kinda like a A&W) right off the main drag. Never eaten there but it's looks pretty "run down".
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:24 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:

Country Ham or Smoked Sausage biscuit.

Sometimes here in Texas we get a Chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast biscuit which is also fantastic.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:27 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

Sometimes here in Texas we get a Chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast biscuit which is also fantastic.
I've had the smoked sausage biscuit and I thought it was very good.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:38 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
By golly, you're right! I remember that place now. A little drive in joint (kinda like a A&W) right off the main drag. Never eaten there but it's looks pretty "run down".
It's very old. But so is Lexington.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:40 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

Damn it. You're in Humble, aren't you? I believe you told me that last year, but every time I see your username, I assume you're in New England.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 61
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up