Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:47 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Dorsey is so great why isn’t a GM right now?

You’d think a team would be begging to hire such an accomplished personnel man
If you can’t get along and work together with Andy Reid you are radioactive in the NFL.

The list of guys who had a falling out with Andy Reid are basically Dorsey, Lev Bell and TO… not exactly a list you want to be on.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:50 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
If you can’t get along and work together with Andy Reid you are radioactive in the NFL.

The list of guys who had a falling out with Andy Reid are basically Dorsey, Lev Bell and TO… not exactly a list you want to be on.
I hope after Super Bowl LIV that Andy at least had the decency to call Dorsey and thank him for his Super Bowl ring.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:52 PM 10-25-2021
I'm not seeing that "mindset" of hard nosed football players when I watch this defense. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems but it seems very, very, bad.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:56 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yea, he's a prick that built a team in KC that went to back-to-back Super bowls and turned around the toilet of the NFL in 1 offseason in Cleveland.

He worked in Green Bay for 19yrs with zero problems that i heard. We didn't hear about a single problem about Dorsey in KC until after Reid used his contract extension to get him fired. Then promoted a foot-shuffling porter in Veach to do whatever he said. Reid wanted full control, I doubt Dorsey had anything to do with it.

People in KC worship Andy Reid because he won a Super Bowl for Kansas City. They hate John Dorsey because Andy Reid told them to, even though he built the same team that won the Super Bowl.
Why is he not a GM?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:58 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
100% true and completely obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Why isn't he a GM?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:59 PM 10-25-2021
I hope after Super Bowl LIV that Andy at least had the decency to call Dorsey and thank him for his Super Bowl ring.
You strike me as a bandwagon fan. You should go follow the Lions since your hero is now over there, of course not as the GM but as an "advisor".
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:01 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You strike me as a bandwagon fan. You should go follow the Lions since your hero is now over there, of course not as the GM but as an "advisor".
Not a bandwagon fan.

Just deeply concerned with the direction of this team and infuriated at the idea of wasting a generational QB because the coach and owner couldn't reign in their own egos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:02 PM 10-25-2021
Dude. We get it.You want to suck Dorsey's dick.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:03 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's done a great job in keeping this SB team together in the short term, but the real tell here (and what will be determinative for dynasty purposes) will be what Veach does 3-4 years down the road when a lot of Mahomes' current teammates will be gone and/or nearing their expiration dates.

Mahomes is a shit ton better than Brady ever was, so Veach will probably have to do less than Belichick did, but he'll still need talent around him to win SBs over the next 10+ years.
I should have added here “started mailing it in once they got their money and their championship.”

Not a good start at all for Veach in replenishing talent in this organization since the SB.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:27 PM 10-25-2021
Not a bandwagon fan.

Just deeply concerned with the direction of this team and infuriated at the idea of wasting a generational QB because the coach and owner couldn't reign in their own egos.
Can you back up any of what you just said? Or are you just speculating? Again if Dorsey is so all world, why was he fired not once, but twice? Also why is currently not a GM? Also outside of Dorsey, who would you bring in to replace Veach and why?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:30 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I should have added here “started mailing it in once they got their money and their championship.”

Not a good start at all for Veach in replenishing talent in this organization since the SB.
I would agree on Clark. His fall was spectacular and quick. Doubt anyone could have seen that coming. The jury is still out on Jones because he is playing out of position. If he was playing this poorly at DT then you would be correct with him as well. Veach is far from perfect, but he has done better than some give him credit for. He's not the best in the NFL, but he is far from the worst.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:22 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I would agree on Clark. His fall was spectacular and quick. Doubt anyone could have seen that coming. The jury is still out on Jones because he is playing out of position. If he was playing this poorly at DT then you would be correct with him as well. Veach is far from perfect, but he has done better than some give him credit for. He's not the best in the NFL, but he is far from the worst.
Jones was lazy in college, he's extremely off and on...I don't know how anyone thinks paying a guy like that is a great idea.

He's basically Haynesworth.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:43 PM 10-25-2021
Andy is not good at personal decisions, see his final years in Philly. Good coach but not a good drafter.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:51 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Jones was lazy in college, he's extremely off and on...I don't know how anyone thinks paying a guy like that is a great idea.

He's basically Haynesworth.
And had we let him walk and he dominated with another team you would have complained how Veach didn't keep him. Essentially no matter what you would have been upset. If Jones played like this as a DT you would have a point. He is playing DE, which he has not played his entire career in the NFL and to no surprise he's struggling. Also he was quite good last year after getting paid.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:24 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Frank Clark has highest Non-QB cap number in NFL this year, 7th overall.

Dorsey was fired because he is terrible with the Cap and Contracts? :-)

Had no idea he was that high. Sad.

Although all of those except Rodgers and Wilson are sad.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 112
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up