ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just dome it in and call it

The GEHA at the Hyvee center. Done
2031 the Chiefs lease is up at Arrowhead. This naming rights expire too.

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:04 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I don't think they will just refresh and modernize the stadium like last time. They will build something new. Maybe downtown?

It's still a great place to view a NFL game. I've sat all over that stadium. Way better than these modern stadiums.

The only thing standing in the way of a new stadium is that this was Lamar's dream and maybe the Hunt family will want to save it?
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I doubt we will ever see a downtown football stadium in KC. Tailgating is too ingrained in the culture and if the team moves downtown you will lose that. I do think eventually we see a downtown baseball stadium which would actually allow the Chiefs to build a brand new domed stadium where Kauffman currently sits and still use Arrowhead/GEHA/Whatever while construction is ongoing.
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:28 AM 07-19-2021
KC building two new stadiums at the same time? Thats going to be a hard sell. The taxpayers pay for these stadiums, not the owners.
Then do what other owners do, threaten to move…
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:39 AM 07-19-2021
Dear GEHA,
We received your check for naming rights, and we're going to need more money A lot more.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:30 AM 07-19-2021
There is enough space to build, drop reconfigure stadiums and parking every 30 years.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 AM 07-19-2021
While I'd hate to see Kauffman go, that makes much more sense than building a new football stadium downtown.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:34 AM 07-19-2021

I'd like to see a new stadium that you take one glance at and think, "That was obviously inspired by the old Arrowhead".
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:11 AM 07-19-2021
Downtown stadium is such a terrible idea
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Downtown stadium is such a terrible idea
Everyone hates the downtown idea for the Chiefs, except for business and civilian leaders who see it as a tool to ramp up downtown.

I just don't see it for the Chiefs. No tailgating? Thats not going to fly. Now the Royals....
[Reply]
xbarretx 09:19 AM 07-19-2021
Someone dropped some nice change just to have me still call it Arrowhead.

#Sandstone!

:-)
[Reply]
Hoover 09:45 AM 07-19-2021
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:18 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
With Mahomes, Clark may be able to build his own stadium. City/county will be asked to create a TIF district around the site. For a preview look at what is going on in Oakland with the Oakland A's.

City of Oakland should just do the deal. They want to pump 12 billion into you shitty ass city, but they don't want to provide tax incentives for the non baseball part of the development.

Get ready for the MLB in Vegas
Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:24 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea. If Clark wanted to build a new stadium, he would be wise to leverage these prime Chiefs years with Mahomes at his peak. While ‘Chiefs fever’ is at its zenith.
I will ONLY accept a new stadium if it is designed the EXACT same but with more seats.....
[Reply]
Dayze 09:46 AM 07-19-2021
the idea of a new stadium fascinates me. I love reading thoughts on the topic. location, dome, regular stadium etc. I think it's all interesting.

I would think that The Clarks are already thinking big picture on this / having discussions. 10 years seems like a long ways off, but for people like the Clarks....they think way ahead of the game.

I've bounced back and forth on the idea of a Dome or not. over the years I've come around to the idea. and I think from a $$ standpoint, having a dome would open up other revenue options throughout the year. woudln't surprise me at all anymore if a Dome was the route the they choose to go.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up