ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
The Gonzo Lounge>Fred Warner gets paid
Superturtle 12:06 PM 07-21-2021

Fred Warner's five-year, $95M extension makes him for now the highest paid ILB in NFL history (surpassing Bobby Wagner at $18M/year).

He's never missed a game, played 95% of the team's snaps, excels in pass coverage and quarterbacks their defense.

An elite player in his prime.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:16 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm excited to watch Kaep 2.0 flame out for them.
Lol, we may need to wait. According to the Smith-Mahomes formula many teams are trying to emulate. We won't see Trey Lance unless JG gets hurt.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:17 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
:-):-)

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.
Most of those guys were long gone before the Chiefs picked.

Iím talking about rounds 2-7.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:26 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Most of those guys were long gone before the Chiefs picked.

Iím talking about rounds 2-7.
Be more specific then. If you had said "the draft was top heavy and many of the best dudes were gone. Making it hard for Veach to find some diamonds in the rough."

We'd have had no issues. The draft was fine. It was slim pickings as it went deeper though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:26 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Be more specific then. If you had said "the draft was top heavy and many of the best dudes were gone. Making it hard for Veach to find some diamonds in the rough."

We'd have had no issues. The draft was fine. It was slim pickings as it went deeper though.
Based on the context of his post as it relates to the post he quoted, his point made perfect sense. Maybe your reading comprehension skills need some work.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 04:32 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Lol, we may need to wait. According to the Smith-Mahomes formula many teams are trying to emulate. We won't see Trey Lance unless JG gets hurt.
This is utter nonsense.

There is no Smith-Mahomes ďformulaĒ.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:14 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Based on the context of his post as it relates to the post he quoted, his point made perfect sense. Maybe your reading comprehension skills need some work.
Exactly.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:16 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Based on the context of his post as it relates to the post he quoted, his point made perfect sense. Maybe your reading comprehension skills need some work.
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:18 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
We were clearly talking about the Chiefs draft that year. Since they didnít even have a 1st round pick, itís pretty obvious what I was referring to.

And if a draft sucks outside of round 1, it pretty much sucks period. Of course there are going to at least be a few hits in the 1st.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:24 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We were clearly talking about the Chiefs draft that year. Since they didn’t even have a 1st round pick, it’s pretty obvious what I was referring to.

And if a draft sucks outside of round 1, it pretty much sucks period. Of course there are going to at least be a few hits in the 1st.
Nick Chubb, Leonard, Courtland Sutton, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesecki, DJ Chark, Warner and Marc Andrews. Those are the names selected after the 1st round. I'm not including our own Zeus Brown in there along with other dudes.

I don't agree with you on ALOT of what you post. But in this case I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm saying is the draft didn't suck. There were multiple good players to be had. We missed. It Veach's 1st year and it happens to everyone.

Don't trash the draft to make excuses. The draft fine. We missed. Still won a Super Bowl, no harm, no foul.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 05:25 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
Post less.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:32 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Nick Chubb, Leonard, Courtland Sutton, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesecki, DJ Chark, Warner and Marc Andrews. Those are the names selected after the 1st round. I'm not including our own Zeus Brown in there along with other dudes.

I don't agree with you on ALOT of what you post. But in this case I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm saying is the draft didn't suck. There were multiple good players to be had. We missed. It Veach's 1st year and it happens to everyone.

Don't trash the draft to make excuses. The draft fine. We missed. Still won a Super Bowl, no harm, no foul.
Pretty much this. Veach had a horrid draft pick and overall bad draft. Who cares? Every team has those too.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:36 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
You haven't been paying attention lately, I'm cool as a cucumber.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:50 PM 07-21-2021
I like Warner and I like Darius Leonard but is paying off ball Lbs really a smart thing to do?
[Reply]
mkp785 05:52 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like Warner and I like Darius Leonard but is paying off ball Lbs really a smart thing to do?
I like Leonard, but he's gonna want w/e the record is for a inside LB I'd imagine. Not too keen on that if I'm Indy, but what choice will they have? They have to make that deal, Nelson will be setting the market for guards as well whenever he extends.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Nick Chubb, Leonard, Courtland Sutton, Dallas Goedert, Mike Gesecki, DJ Chark, Warner and Marc Andrews. Those are the names selected after the 1st round. I'm not including our own Zeus Brown in there along with other dudes.

I don't agree with you on ALOT of what you post. But in this case I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm saying is the draft didn't suck. There were multiple good players to be had. We missed. It Veach's 1st year and it happens to everyone.

Don't trash the draft to make excuses. The draft fine. We missed. Still won a Super Bowl, no harm, no foul.
Half of the guys you just mentioned were selected in the early portion of the 2nd round and were also gone before the Chiefs picked.

You continue to miss the point about this draft in regards to the Chiefs and what was available to them.

Not to mention 3 of them are TE’s and one is a RB. The Chiefs weren’t drafting a TE or RB early in 2018 regardless. Not to mention guys like Goedert and Gesicki are talented, but haven’t quite put it together.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up