ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
The Gonzo Lounge>Fred Warner gets paid
Superturtle 12:06 PM 07-21-2021

Fred Warner's five-year, $95M extension makes him for now the highest paid ILB in NFL history (surpassing Bobby Wagner at $18M/year).

He's never missed a game, played 95% of the team's snaps, excels in pass coverage and quarterbacks their defense.

An elite player in his prime.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
Sofa King 12:07 PM 07-21-2021
Good for him. Good money.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:09 PM 07-21-2021
Does he play for the Chiefs ?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:11 PM 07-21-2021
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:25 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.
No one picked around Speaks became a star. And now we have one of the best picks from that draft in Orlando Brown.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:26 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.
That draft did suck. Got to admit he's improved greatly.

I'm sure it had something to do with it being his first year, and frankly who knew what direction we were going on defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Never understood what Veach was doing/thinking in that draft. He could have randomly selected better players.
The you haven’t paid much attention to that draft class.

It was fucking awful.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:57 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The you havenít paid much attention to that draft class.

It was ****ing awful.
:-):-)

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 02:14 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
:-):-)

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.
Thatís not a very deep list of talentÖ.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:15 PM 07-21-2021
That's a lot of money for a guy with only one career reception from Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:24 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
That draft did suck. Got to admit he's improved greatly.

I'm sure it had something to do with it being his first year, and frankly who knew what direction we were going on defense.
No it didnít.

Jessie Bates
Donte Jackson
Fred Warner
Dallas Goedert
Anthony Miller
Christian Kirk
DJ Chark

There were some very good and decent role players there. Veach just whiffed badly. Everyone does that.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:34 PM 07-21-2021
Even 2013 was shitty at the top but it had a lot of talented players available.

Travis Frederick
Travis Kelce
LeVeon Bell
Darius Slay
Brandon Williams
Larry Warford
Tyrann Matheiu
Keenan Allen
Jamie Collins
Terron Aemstead
Kawann Short
Zach Ertz
DeAndre Hopkins
David Bahktiari

Shit we’ve got like 4 guys from that class right now who are all starting or possibly starting :-)
[Reply]
mkp785 02:36 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Thatís not a very deep list of talentÖ.
:-)

Like every dude I named has made an all pro team.....? Nelson is widely considered the best player at his position and Minkah isn't far behind in his position. Lamar has won a MVP and Saquon (when healthy) is considered at worst the 2nd best back in the league......

If you wanna say it's top heavy that's fine, but that's not what staylor said. He said the draft class sucked.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:02 PM 07-21-2021
I would have kept Buckner for that and a few million more. With that said the Niners have shelled out a ton of money to two players this offseason. They're an interesting team to watch and definately a dark horse in that conference after missing the Playoffs last year. I do think they've been mismanaged a bit.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:12 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I would have kept Buckner for that and a few million more. With that said the Niners have shelled out a ton of money to two players this offseason. They're an interesting team to watch and definately a dark horse in that conference after missing the Playoffs last year. I do think they've been mismanaged a bit.
I'm excited to watch Kaep 2.0 flame out for them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up