ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990ís most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
Bugeater 03:27 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
It was dumb then and dumber now in retrospect. I remember reading whiney threads here about it. Oh well, that same foot they tried to shove up a dem ass will be getting cut off for diabetes soon enough for some of these Pubes.
Hmmm...that would have been prior to your join date in 2017...but you're not a mult...
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:24 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Personally, I would say it's easily libs that are stupid but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BTW, that great Michelle Obama lunch program didn't take into account different sized kids or what kind of activity they were doing. My son was a junior in high school playing football and lifting weights daily. The kid has never had any fat on his body. He complained because they weren't feeding him enough food at lunch. Dems always have these great ideas (in their minds) but with many unintended consequences.
:-)
Michelle Obama must have been running things back when I was in high school as well because when I went through the lunch line, I (6-2, played sports), got the same portions as the 5-2 petite girls. If I wanted an extra piece of rectangle pizza, I had to come up with an extra buck. Damn Obamas!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:29 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The program wasn't bad on the surface but schools handled it by buying the cheapest shit possible and doing things like labeling ketchup a vegetable.
That dates back to the early 80s. Thanks, Reagan.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:31 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
And there you go. Let the local schools decide what is right for them.
They do, including whether to opt into the federal programs.
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
They do, including whether to opt into the federal programs.
Sure.

Do you want your tax money to go back into the community or not?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:55 PM 07-21-2021
Sure.

Do you want your tax money to go back into the community or not?
I don't know what that has to do with anything.
You said local schools should decide what is right for them. They do, or at least their local school districts do.
[Reply]
notorious 09:01 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I don't know what that has to do with anything.
You said local schools should decide what is right for them. They do, or at least their local school districts do.
What happens to the tax money the local residents paid to the Feds that is supposed to be put back into the school system?

God forbid you should disagree with what the Fed decide is right. They are holding your own money above your head. If you don't want to use their bad program, you lose the money you paid into the system.

That's why the tax/funding should be local, and the decision should be local.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:12 PM 07-21-2021
What happens to the tax money the local residents paid to the Feds that is supposed to be put back into the school system?

God forbid you should disagree with what the Fed decide is right. They are holding your own money above your head. If you don't want to use their bad program, you lose the money you paid into the system.

That's why the tax/funding should be local, and the decision should be local.
I don't think that's how it works.
Anyway, the fed programs are optional, so if your school is in one, it chose to be.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 PM 07-21-2021
I eat complete garage and Im the same weight as I was when I was 21.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:14 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Intermittent fasting is a nice way of saying you're broke or homeless.
:-):-)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:16 PM 07-21-2021
I don't even know how to eat if I didn't eat carbs. I love meat but it makes me lethargic and something didn't agree with me. When I eat sugar or carbs I feel like a million bucks.

I eat steak with like triple carbs...bread, fries, baked potato. Should I eat steak and water?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:43 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I eat complete garage and Im the same weight as I was when I was 21.
Not everyone tolerates carbs the same. If you can eat processed carbs and still feel good then you're the minority.

I would say if you are following Standard American Diet and it's not working for you (80% of people ) then eliminating sugar and processed carbs can be a game changer.

I know I could eat anything I wanted till 26 years old. Then my body stopped processing junk food the same.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:27 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Personally, I would say it's easily libs that are stupid but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BTW, that great Michelle Obama lunch program didn't take into account different sized kids or what kind of activity they were doing. My son was a junior in high school playing football and lifting weights daily. The kid has never had any fat on his body. He complained because they weren't feeding him enough food at lunch. Dems always have these great ideas (in their minds) but with many unintended consequences.
You'll take your one size fits all big government solution and like the unintended consequences comrade.

TBF, the Right should have worked with Michelle on the solution rather than just throwing a tantrum about what they didn't like about it. (something neither side is typically willing to do these days, instead always wanting to "own" the other side).
[Reply]
HybridEd 06:39 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I can see that. It also seems that we've reached a tipping point, where obesity reinforces itself because it's now the norm, rather than the exception. There's no pressure to lose weight like there was 30 years ago.
I blame it on fast food now becoming the norm for so many. It used to be an occasional treat, now for many it is the main venue for nourishment. Every fucking day, multiple times a day.

Of course, sitting around eating comfort food while being entertained by TV is the other.

When I was growing up, a fat kid was unusual and was often teased. A fat adult was also unusual and stared at by others.

Now, when you see a fit person it is unusual.

Cheese frys anyone?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:40 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't even know how to eat if I didn't eat carbs. I love meat but it makes me lethargic and something didn't agree with me. When I eat sugar or carbs I feel like a million bucks.

I eat steak with like triple carbs...bread, fries, baked potato. Should I eat steak and water?
Ideally you wouldn't be eating red meat as I believe studies show it's a lowkey carcinogen.

Red meats are carcinogens, people say you should avoid carbs, you shouldn't be eating things that come out of a box/or are processed, fruits are good but excess sugar is not. If you listened to everyone, we'd basically only be eating chicken, fish and veggies.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up