ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990ís most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
Dante84 02:55 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Can you give us a breakdown? I'm interested but I'm not watching 1.5 hours of this.

I did a program called Naturally slim in 2017. One of the things that really stuck out to me was how much sugar they are adding to a lot of things nowadays. ketchup, fast food burgers, etc. My son laughs at me because I now buy organic ketchup and I'm the last person you would think is into anything organic. :-)
It's because back in the day they decided it was going to be a war on fat when it came to food. When you take the fat out of things you have to replace it with something so that something is sugar otherwise the food would all taste terrible.

Fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does. Sugar companies also hate this conversation because they are making a shit ton of money. Also people are lazy, it's cheaper to eat the bad food, and when you constantly eat engineered foods meant to taste a certain way, real food doesn't taste right anymore.

It's a huge issue on many levels.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
I agree it shouldn't be for weight loss only but It won't hurt people if they skip a meal.

Some people have great results with intermittent fasting. It is a fact that our ancestors did intermittent fasting naturally.
Intermittent fasting is a nice way of saying you're broke or homeless.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:59 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Michelleís program wasnít horrifying, but it starved a lot of kids. Those kids went home and shoveled shit down their throats.

Maybe her program works for kids that sit on their ass all day, but itís not enough for an active kid.
The program wasn't bad on the surface but schools handled it by buying the cheapest shit possible and doing things like labeling ketchup a vegetable.
[Reply]
notorious 03:01 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's because back in the day they decided it was going to be a war on fat when it came to food. When you take the fat out of things you have to replace it with something so that something is sugar otherwise the food would all taste terrible.

Fat doesn't make you fat, sugar does. Sugar companies also hate this conversation because they are making a shit ton of money. Also people are lazy, it's cheaper to eat the bad food, and when you constantly eat engineered foods meant to taste a certain way, real food doesn't taste right anymore.

It's a huge issue on many levels.
Sugar is some addictive shit, too.

It's a terrible cycle.

On a side note, people mistake thirst for hunger all the time. When they think they are hungry they are actually thirsty/dehydrated, and they'll shovel some shit into their mouths and drown it with a 2 liter of soda.

They will feel terrible after doing it, get tired, and more sugar is the only thing they want that can pull them out of the slump for a while.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 07-21-2021
Sugar is some addictive shit, too.

It's a terrible cycle.

On a side note, people mistake thirst for hunger all the time. When they think they are hungry they are actually thirsty/dehydrated, and they'll shovel some shit into their mouths and drown it with a 2 liter of soda.

They will feel terrible after doing it, get tired, and more sugar is the only thing they want that can pull them out of the slump for a while.
What we were all taught to eat is completely wrong so it's pretty easy to see why people struggle. No one should be eating 8 servings of grains.
[Reply]
wazu 03:05 PM 07-21-2021
Don't fast-shame me.
[Reply]
notorious 03:06 PM 07-21-2021
The program wasn't bad on the surface but schools handled it by buying the cheapest shit possible and doing things like labeling ketchup a vegetable.
Our small, local school had a fantastic kitchen and food program.

My Aunt ran it. She was head cook for 35 years.

She retired early because of the restrictions handed down.

Guess what? There weren't many fat kids when she was cooking meals without the restrictions. She dealt with real food, though, not the prepackaged shit that a lot of schools get by on.

That's the difference. You don't have to starve kids with Michelle's insane approach. It will just backfire and a lot of fatties will eat horribly when they get home.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:10 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
Here's a 9-minute video summary of Dr. Lustig's Hacking of the American Mind, from another physician https://youtu.be/rI3hxiU59WA

The summary is pretty good, but it doesn't fully capture how unsatisfying the overpursuit of dopamine-stimulating activities can be....not only do they lead to addiction, they lead to a major reduction in being able to feel pleasure, given how the neurons work. It's incredible how much addiction and how much misery our society has, and the two are related, due to the fact that pursuing fleeting pleasures is doomed, biochemically.
That's a pretty good, albeit short, video explanation. :-)
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 03:10 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Besides other factors already mentioned, the proliferation of the internet, which happened almost entirely during the time period between the two maps in the OP, has to be a factor.

No matter how furiously you masturbate, it doesn't burn many calories.
Cell Phones and Video Games.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 07-21-2021
Meanwhile you're still a fatass, and the people like me who practice IF are as lean as can be.
[Reply]
notorious 03:13 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Meanwhile you're still a fatass, and the people like me who practice IF are as lean as can be.
I'm curious, do you fast for a day/days or is it just part of a day?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:17 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Cell Phones and Video Games.
I don't really think playing games directly links to people being fat, there's a % there sure, just like people working 6 10 hour days a week will make you fat and give you health issues because you're not working out and you're eating like shit because you have no time to do anything else.

Our culture in general promotes unhealthy lifestyles.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:20 PM 07-21-2021
Our small, local school had a fantastic kitchen and food program.

My Aunt ran it. She was head cook for 35 years.

She retired early because of the restrictions handed down.

Guess what? There weren't many fat kids when she was cooking meals without the restrictions. She dealt with real food, though, not the prepackaged shit that a lot of schools get by on.

That's the difference. You don't have to starve kids with Michelle's insane approach. It will just backfire and a lot of fatties will eat horribly when they get home.
That's just it. Gov't intervention makes things worse in many cases. I would be all for an all out nationwide education program. But when you try to limit the fat kids while not distinguishing the fit and active kids, then you're doing it all wrong.
[Reply]
notorious 03:25 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That's just it. Gov't intervention makes things worse in many cases. I would be all for an all out nationwide education program. But when you try to limit the fat kids while not distinguishing the fit and active kids, then you're doing it all wrong.
And there you go. Let the local schools decide what is right for them.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up