ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990’s most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
Bowser 02:21 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not disagreeing with the thread title, but BMI seems to be a fairly poor measure.
Mahomes is considered overweight, and almost obese.
This is correct.

When I was in the Air Force they would show what the government standards of weight should be relative to a person's height, and I remember thinking that if I weighed what the gubmint thought I should I would get blown down the street by a strong enough breeze.

There shouldn't be some baseline applied to every single person when it comes to obesity as everyone is vastly different in their own personal makeup.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:21 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. And avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup. That shit is poison.
And that especially. Gov't subsidies of corn has left us with a lot of corn syrup in our foods that didn't used to be there.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:26 PM 07-21-2021
Giggity Giggity!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:27 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not disagreeing with the thread title, but BMI seems to be a fairly poor measure.
Mahomes is considered overweight, and almost obese.

It’s actually a very good measure, and it is accurate for like 90% of Americans in determining if they’re fat. There will always be outliers and exceptions.

Besides, the absolute change over time is what’s imoortant anyway
[Reply]
DanT 02:30 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Can you give us a breakdown? I'm interested but I'm not watching 1.5 hours of this.

I did a program called Naturally slim in 2017. One of the things that really stuck out to me was how much sugar they are adding to a lot of things nowadays. ketchup, fast food burgers, etc. My son laughs at me because I now buy organic ketchup and I'm the last person you would think is into anything organic. :-)
Here's a 9-minute video summary of Dr. Lustig's Hacking of the American Mind, from another physician https://youtu.be/rI3hxiU59WA

The summary is pretty good, but it doesn't fully capture how unsatisfying the overpursuit of dopamine-stimulating activities can be....not only do they lead to addiction, they lead to a major reduction in being able to feel pleasure, given how the neurons work. It's incredible how much addiction and how much misery our society has, and the two are related, due to the fact that pursuing fleeting pleasures is doomed, biochemically.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:32 PM 07-21-2021
Maybe we can change this while we're at it;

Originally Posted by :
What Can I Buy With A SNAP Card?

Any food for the household, such as:

Fruits and vegetables;
Meat, poultry, and fish;
Dairy products;
Breads and cereals;
Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages.
Source; https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:36 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lots of bro science in here
Lemme guess: bReAkFaSt iS tHe MoSt iMpOrTaNt MeAl Of tHe DaY
[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:42 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Does anyone like doing cardio? I mean honestly like doing cardio?
I enjoy running. Love it actually. Its my time. Its out in nature. And it helps keep me healthy. Mentally, I can run a lot further than my body will let me.

I hate lifting weights or anything like that. I have to force myself to do push up and what not to keep my upper body balanced with my lower body.

We are all different.
[Reply]
loochy 02:42 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
No, no, it doesn't have added sugar. It has less than say a bottle of Heinz ketchup.

Ah, ok, so it's NSA ketchup...a much better alternative. I just don't want people to confuse "organic" and "low calorie/fat/sugar" or think that somehow organic influences calorie balance. It just means it uses organic ingredients.
[Reply]
loochy 02:43 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Lemme guess: bReAkFaSt iS tHe MoSt iMpOrTaNt MeAl Of tHe DaY

every meal is the most important
[Reply]
notorious 02:44 PM 07-21-2021
3500 calories= 1 pound (roughly)

Fasting is not good. You will lose muscle mass.

When I “diet”, I still make sure to eat a minimum 150 grams of protein to help avoid muscle loss. It doesn’t help on the scale, but it does in the mirror.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:45 PM 07-21-2021
I'm actually surprised Wisconsin isn't worse.

If you focus in on Northeast Wisconsin, the numbers have to be brutal. Every other person is a walking human semi truck. Now that fat shaming isn't allowed people around here just gorge like there's no tomorrow, especially the women. My god, there are some huge ones. A lot of men have beer & cheese guts but some of the middle aged dames around here are just full blown tanker trucks.

It definitely got much worse during the lockdown. Everyone at my employer just recently had to stop working from home and return to the office and at least 50% of my co-workers gained on average 10% of their previous body weight over the past year. I'm certainly no Mr. Universe but based on the people in this area I'd be considered svelte.

I saw a 300+ pound dame at our local beach this past weekend shamelessly sitting alone in a bikini pounding a case of Busch Lite Apple. It was pretty epic.
[Reply]
notorious 02:47 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
...and yet moron RWers were all up in arms about Michelle Obama trying to make our kids less fat.

Another win by the right. Conservatives are the stupidest form of life on the planet.

Michelle’s program wasn’t horrifying, but it starved a lot of kids. Those kids went home and shoveled shit down their throats.

Maybe her program works for kids that sit on their ass all day, but it’s not enough for an active kid.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:49 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
Fasting is a poor way to lose weight.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/...-weight-loss#1
I agree it shouldn't be for weight loss only but It won't hurt people if they skip a meal.

Some people have great results with intermittent fasting. It is a fact that our ancestors did intermittent fasting naturally.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:49 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
3500 calories= 1 pound (roughly)

Fasting is not good. You will lose muscle mass.

When I “diet”, I still make sure to eat a minimum 150 grams of protein to help avoid muscle loss. It doesn’t help on the scale, but it does in the mirror.
“Protein” being the key word here.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up