ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990’s most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
vailpass 01:27 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not disagreeing with the thread title, but BMI seems to be a fairly poor measure.
Mahomes is considered overweight, and almost obese.
Yep. It doesn’t take muscle mass into account.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 07-21-2021
That's because she was trying to do it the wrong way.
[Reply]
loochy 01:30 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I think most of us over calculate calories burned. Hell, I was surprised that a 1 hour, 7 mile run only burns around 800 calories for me.

Like shit man, I have to run over an hour just burn off a combo meal from wendy's? No wonder we are fat nation.

Absolutely. The easiest way, by far, to impact caloric deficit is through diet, not exercise. You can skip 4 pieces of bread each day or you can run for 30 minutes...your choice.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:30 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Depends on your job and activity level.

Humans are meant to sit all day every day. I don't care how well you eat, an office job will fatten you up. Especially if you just go home and crash on the couch.
This is true.

Swimming is a great way to get more "bang for your buck" so to speak as far as exercise goes. Even 30mins a day can go a long way to cover up for the fun foods.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:34 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's because she was trying to do it the wrong way.
She can't force kids to exercise so her path to cut fat and get them slimmer was limited. Getting rid of the crap foods they feed kids is the best start.

Stupid conservatives once again shooting themselves (or their kids) in the foot to "own" the libbys strikes again.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:34 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not disagreeing with the thread title, but BMI seems to be a fairly poor measure.
Mahomes is considered overweight, and almost obese.
Your mouth piece will be obese if I ever see you
[Reply]
DanT 01:35 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The best video ever on this. Lustig is the man.

The average American eats over 105 lbs of sugar a year. Lustig explains how he is seeing fatty liver in kids under 10 years old.

His book The Hacking of the American Mind really helped me understand how addictions, including to sugar, get established and do so much damage.

I very much enjoy eating, but I've been careful about diet and exercise during the pandemic and have lost about 10 BMI points since the first day of shelter-in-place (March 19, 2020), having gone from 284.8 pounds (BMI 36.6) down to 204.4 (BMI 26.2), as of this morning. I'm lucky because I enjoy jogging and I've been able to jog a lot during that time, about 3,293 miles as of this morning, without too much pain, except I did trip and fall and badly sprain some fingers on my right hand, a couple of which may not fully recover. Still, I'm healthier overall.

Hopefully, more Americans will find ways that work for them to reduce excess weight. Our bodies are not meant to be as heavy as many of us are.
I've lost a lot of weight before and put most of it back on, so I'm going to need to do better maintaining my health going forward, especially now that I'm in my fifties. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 01:39 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
...and yet moron RWers were all up in arms about Michelle Obama trying to make our kids less fat.

Another win by the right. Conservatives are the stupidest form of life on the planet.

You know what? As much as I didn't like the Obamas, this in particular always bugged me. She was trying to do *something*. Yeah, it wasn't optimal, but it was a start and it got burned to the ground because she was on the wrong side of the aisle.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:40 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by DanT:
His book The Hacking of the American Mind really helped me understand how addictions, including to sugar, get established and do so much damage.

I very much enjoy eating, but I've been careful about diet and exercise during the pandemic and have lost about 10 BMI points since the first day of shelter-in-place (March 19, 2020), having gone from 284.8 pounds (BMI 36.6) down to 204.4 (BMI 26.2), as of this morning. I'm lucky because I enjoy jogging and I've been able to jog a lot during that time, about 3,293 miles as of this morning, without too much pain, except I did trip and fall and badly sprain some fingers on my right hand, a couple of which may not fully recover. Still, I'm healthier overall.

Hopefully, more Americans will find ways that work for them to reduce excess weight. Our bodies are meant to be as heavy as many of us are.
I've lost a lot of weight before and put most of it back on, so I'm going to need to do better maintaining my health going forward, especially now that I'm older. :-)
Nice work and good on you. It does get tougher as you get older.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:42 PM 07-21-2021
Lots of bro science in here
[Reply]
vailpass 01:43 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lots of bro science in here
Maybe you could make a comment about how you want to suck some dude’s cock.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Maybe you could make a comment about how you want to suck some dude’s cock.
That would be more accurate than the bro science posted
[Reply]
vailpass 01:47 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That would be more accurate than the bro science posted
Let your freak flag fly.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:47 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
You know what? As much as I didn't like the Obamas, this in particular always bugged me. She was trying to do *something*. Yeah, it wasn't optimal, but it was a start and it got burned to the ground because she was on the wrong side of the aisle.
It was dumb then and dumber now in retrospect. I remember reading whiney threads here about it. Oh well, that same foot they tried to shove up a dem ass will be getting cut off for diabetes soon enough for some of these Pubes.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:48 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Absolutely. The easiest way, by far, to impact caloric deficit is through diet, not exercise. You can skip 4 pieces of bread each day or you can run for 30 minutes...your choice.
Why not do both?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up