ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990ís most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
wazu 12:44 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Carbs in everything.
Sugar in everything.
And lastly the suburban lifestyle is the worst of the 3. Suburban people never walk anywhere.
Especially now. I'd also add alcohol to your list. There's a reason they are called beer bellies.
[Reply]
banyon 12:45 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Iím 5-11 180. I went to 196 the first two months or working at home :-)

Then I cut out carbs, and lost it all within a month.

Itís really easy to cut carbs out. But Americans canít seem to let go of their beloved carbs.
I'm pretty close to this, 5'10 165 i had gained a couple of pounds in the pandemic, then cut out extra sugar and it seems to have done the trick, back to normal weight. Americans have WAY too much sugar in their diets too. That, and we are sedentary fatasses compared to all the walking you do and see when you go someplace like Europe.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 12:48 PM 07-21-2021
They key to weight loss is diet and exercise.

Unfortunately willpower comes in to play for both of those things and most people don't have it, myself included.
[Reply]
wazu 12:50 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:

Unfortunately willpower comes in to play for both of those things and most people don't have it, myself included.
This is why I'm trying the fasting thing. 2 days per week. I know your WebMD link shits on it, but I've seen plenty of other sources back it up. And for me I think it will work better psychology-wise.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:00 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
This is why I'm trying the fasting thing. 2 days per week. I know your WebMD link shits on it, but I've seen plenty of other sources back it up. And for me I think it will work better psychology-wise.
I'm down 30 lbs this year by walking at least 6,000 steps daily, skipping breakfast 4/7 days per week, lifting heavy weights at low reps for 30 mins 3 times weekly, and counting calories. This means actually knowing what amount of calories are in each meal and making sure the math adds up. Nothing is easier to me than eating less, and I used to try and out train my diet, which never works. Once you get past the first big hunger, it's easy. Hawaiian Bros. Has been my new go to. Get the K word chicken, and sub pineapple for the Mac and cheese.

Oh yeah, I don't drink anymore either.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:03 PM 07-21-2021

Yep. Burn off more than you take in. Stay fit. Shocker.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:04 PM 07-21-2021

Itís actually about 80% diet
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:10 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm down 30 lbs this year by walking at least 6,000 steps daily, skipping breakfast 4/7 days per week, lifting heavy weights at low reps for 30 mins 3 times weekly, and counting calories. This means actually knowing what amount of calories are in each meal and making sure the math adds up. Nothing is easier to me that eating less, and I used to try and out train my diet, which never works. Once you get past the first big hunger, it's easy.

Oh yeah, I don't drink anymore either.
I've resisted putting on weight just by walking daily. 3 one mile walks minimum (easy when you get 15 minute breaks at work and the wife and I are in the habit of walking the dog and kids at night) I try to get at least 12,000 steps and 120 active minutes a day. I do run, so of course that helps, but I sometime take entire months off because of injury or life or weather)

We, as a species, are walkers and it does the body great overall.

That can help a lot of people over come the typically America diet, but just ignoring all the crap food out there helps.

I consider the wife and I lucky. We were both raised in households that didn't stock a lot of sweets. I never got in the habit of having junkfood around where I could like eat ice cream in the middle of day just because I wanted too. And being poor through the college years helps. Easy not to buy soda when are living paycheck to paycheck, at least for us.

So, we just don't buy creap. We don't have soda or candy or snacks in the house. We cook our own food rather than eat out a lot. Grocery bill is already insane without adding in junk food and snacks.

I did have a problem with eating peanut butter at night, especially the months where I get a lot of running in. I've lost 10 pounds since cutting those calories out and no longer using peanut butter as a snack.

/5'8 140
//people may not fat shame too much, but they sure as hell skinny shame
///at least women who cannot help but tell my wife she needs to eat more when they find out she has had two kids
////breastfeeding knocks the weight right off in my wife's case
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:12 PM 07-21-2021
Iím 5-11 180. I went to 196 the first two months or working at home :-)

Then I cut out carbs, and lost it all within a month.

Itís really easy to cut carbs out. But Americans canít seem to let go of their beloved carbs.
Would love to follow along your ab lines with my tounge
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:18 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I had a roommate who rode is bike a fair amount. Did a couple 10 plus mile rides a week. When he was complaining one day about not losing any weight, I finally pointed out that his alcohol consumption easily provided more calories than he was burning riding a bike. (he drank like a 12 pack a day. Yes he was a functioning alcoholic. )

I think most of us over calculate calories burned. Hell, I was surprised that a 1 hour, 7 mile run only burns around 800 calories for me.

Like shit man, I have to run over an hour just burn off a combo meal from wendy's? No wonder we are fat nation.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:20 PM 07-21-2021
It’s actually about 80% diet
Depends on your job and activity level.

Humans are meant to sit all day every day. I don't care how well you eat, an office job will fatten you up. Especially if you just go home and crash on the couch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:21 PM 07-21-2021
Adults donít need carbs unless they work a physical job. Office workers donít expend energy and should limit carbs to 20% of their diet. I avoid them like the plague.
Seems unnecessarily arbitrary. As long as you're not taking in more calories than you're burning, you shouldn't be packing on pounds.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:24 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I had a roommate who rode is bike a fair amount. Did a couple 10 plus mile rides a week. When he was complaining one day about not losing any weight, I finally pointed out that his alcohol consumption easily provided more calories than he was burning riding a bike. (he drank like a 12 pack a day. Yes he was a functioning alcoholic. )

I think most of us over calculate calories burned. Hell, I was surprised that a 1 hour, 7 mile run only burns around 800 calories for me.

Like shit man, I have to run over an hour just burn off a combo meal from wendy's? No wonder we are fat nation.
Yep. Booze and carbs are nice but they turn to fat. They write so many diet books with multiple pages of what to do. Best diet in the world is simply ďburn more than you consume and stop eating sugarĒ.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:25 PM 07-21-2021
But isnít that more the reason people would want intervention? To help them get out of this cycle? They realize they canít do it alone?

Govt action has decimated smoking in a matter of maybe 20 years. 42% of Americans used to smoke in 1965 now itís 14% (and youths only 8%)
https://www.lung.org/research/trends...tobacco-trends

TLDR: govt action works re: health outcomes.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ironic that Michelle Obama was the one person trying to do something about it.
...and yet moron RWers were all up in arms about Michelle Obama trying to make our kids less fat.

Another win by the right. Conservatives are the stupidest form of life on the planet.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:26 PM 07-21-2021
Not disagreeing with the thread title, but BMI seems to be a fairly poor measure.
Mahomes is considered overweight, and almost obese.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up