ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990’s most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:08 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Besides other factors already mentioned, the proliferation of the internet, which happened almost entirely during the time period between the two maps in the OP, has to be a factor.

No matter how furiously you masturbate, it doesn't burn many calories.
I doubt that’s a factor. I’d be more inclined to believe cable TV and improved TVs had some effect. The trend lines showed the biggest spike happens in the 80s, and the 90s a bit less. That’s pre-Internet
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:11 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Any year now, the government will see that the obese problem is hammering healthcare, decide to take completely over it, then further regulate food available because they provide funding for healthcare.
This scourge has demanded govt action for decades. But it won’t happen because:

1) shitlibs are too PC to “fat shame”
2) Pubes are too beholden to worshipping “Muh free markets!?!?”
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:13 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I doubt that’s a factor. I’d be more inclined to believe cable TV and improved TVs had some effect. The trend lines showed the biggest spike happens in the 80s, and the 90s a bit less. That’s pre-Internet
I can see that. It also seems that we've reached a tipping point, where obesity reinforces itself because it's now the norm, rather than the exception. There's no pressure to lose weight like there was 30 years ago.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 07-21-2021

The government subsidizes corn which gets turned into cheap corn syrup and creates the Food Guidelines which tell people to stuff their faces with breads and grains all day.

The diet recommends greater than 50% of calories coming from carbohydrates and includes three servings of refined grains per day and up to 10% of calories coming from pure sugar. And all this despite the fact that an expert committee provided incredibly robust science, accumulated over the past decade, showcasing the profoundly detrimental health effects of the very diet that was approved.
https://www.drperlmutter.com/how-are...for-americans/
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:17 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Try/add any version of fasting to your routine and you'll get below 200lbs. But as long as you feel healthy and you are in the "green" that seems to be what matters.
I've thought about it. In the green is fine, but some days I really feel like I could do better.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:18 PM 07-21-2021
Adults don’t need carbs unless they work a physical job. Office workers don’t expend energy and should limit carbs to 20% of their diet. I avoid them like the plague.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:19 PM 07-21-2021

3) Almost everyone is fat.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:30 PM 07-21-2021
But isn’t that more the reason people would want intervention? To help them get out of this cycle? They realize they can’t do it alone?

Govt action has decimated smoking in a matter of maybe 20 years. 42% of Americans used to smoke in 1965 now it’s 14% (and youths only 8%)
https://www.lung.org/research/trends...tobacco-trends

TLDR: govt action works re: health outcomes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM 07-21-2021
Adults don’t need carbs unless they work a physical job. Office workers don’t expend energy and should limit carbs to 20% of their diet. I avoid them like the plague.
My weakness is popcorn. Fortunately it's not too bad for you if you stovetop pop.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:31 PM 07-21-2021

Ironic that Michelle Obama was the one person trying to do something about it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:37 PM 07-21-2021
In this post we learn that Adolf is a fatty.
[Reply]
wazu 12:40 PM 07-21-2021
Man, Missouri not looking good. I blame St. Louis. In KC we are all hotties.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:41 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
In this post we learn that Adolf is a fatty.
Nah, I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds, which is bulimic by today's standards.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:43 PM 07-21-2021
Carbs in everything.
Sugar in everything.
And lastly the suburban lifestyle is the worst of the 3. Suburban people never walk anywhere.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 12:44 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Try/add any version of fasting to your routine and you'll get below 200lbs. But as long as you feel healthy and you are in the "green" that seems to be what matters.
Fasting is a poor way to lose weight.

Originally Posted by :
When you dramatically reduce your calorie intake, you will lose weight. But it can also cause all kinds of health problems, including muscle loss. Further, when you start fasting, your body goes into conservation mode, burning calories more slowly.

Keep in mind that the initial weight lost on a fast is primarily fluid or "water weight," not fat. And when you go back to eating, any lost weight usually gets a return ticket back. Not only do most people regain weight lost on a fast, they tend to add a few extra pounds because a slower metabolism makes it easier to gain weight. Worse, the weight that is regained is likely to be all fat -- lost muscle has to be added back at the gym.
https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/...-weight-loss#1
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up