ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>America: Land of Lard-Butts
Prison Bitch 10:02 AM 07-21-2021
Colorado is our thinnest State per BMI. It is fatter than 1990ís most obese state, Mississippi.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:14 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So the Trump states are the fattest?
No. The black states.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:15 AM 07-21-2021
The best video ever on this. Lustig is the man.

The average American eats over 105 lbs of sugar a year. Lustig explains how he is seeing fatty liver in kids under 10 years old.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:19 AM 07-21-2021
Healthy at any size!
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:24 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Eat real food and watch what happens.
Watch your energy level rise and mental clarity improve...

Once you step away from the carb/sugar combination...you never feel lethargic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 07-21-2021
Meanwhile...

Frito-Lay workers are striking. Here’s how to support them. https://t.co/vHrEp9OXzc

— The Goods by Vox (@thegoods) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:28 AM 07-21-2021
I'm 5-10 and weigh 200 to 205 depending on the time of year. I got up to 215 and felt like shit. I started working out and watching what I eat, gained muscle and lost fat, but I can't get below 200 consistently to save my life. But, my last BMI measurment ( the one on the scale with the ski pole things) showed I was in the green on body fat (barely). A lot of my issue is maybe age, it's just harder on me to lose fat than it used to be. But, I'm actually probably in the best shape of my life, and that includes when I was in my 20's at 175.

OK, the weekend whiskey and num nums probably don't help, but it is what it is. I'm in pretty damn good shape, and just trying to maintain at this point.
[Reply]
notorious 10:35 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I'm 5-10 and weigh 200 to 205 depending on the time of year. I got up to 215 and felt like shit. I started working out and watching what I eat, gained muscle and lost fat, but I can't get below 200 consistently to save my life. But, my last BMI measurment ( the one on the scale with the ski pole things) showed I was in the green on body fat (barely). A lot of my issue is maybe age, it's just harder on me to lose fat than it used to be. But, I'm actually probably in the best shape of my life, and that includes when I was in my 20's at 175.

OK, the weekend whiskey and num nums probably don't help, but it is what it is. I'm in pretty damn good shape, and just trying to maintain at this point.
As long as you feel great thatís what matters.

I carry more muscle, too, so the BMI is off.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:25 AM 07-21-2021
But at least you can buy Coke, Pepsi, etc. with your SNAP card.
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:46 AM 07-21-2021
I have the opposite problem of obesity as it's hard for me to gain weight.

18 years later i'm, sadly, only 15lbs heavier than my High School weight. I've been stuck in the same pattern for about a decade now in which i'll workout 3-4 times a week during the spring and summer, and then completely go lazy with no fucks given during the fall and winter.

Once that time change comes around and it's too cold to work out in my back yard, and it's dark by the time i get off work, it's hard to find the motivation to keep working out.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:51 AM 07-21-2021
Have the qualifications for obesity changed since the 1990s?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:54 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
BMI is a joke of a measurement. It says normal weight for someone my height is 144 to 194. I'd have like 5% body fat if I weighed 194 and definitely would be dead if I were 144.

Not saying we aren't a nation of fat asses. That is clearly true. The fat kids from when I was in high school are relatively svelte compared to the land whales running around these days.
BMI doesn't take body composition into account so it is extremely flawed. For the average person who doesn't lift weights it can probably be a good gauge as to whether or not you're heavier set than you should be, but if you're well-muscled, it's basically not an accurate representation whatsoever.

A good example, according to BMI, Jamaal Charles is overweight.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:57 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes....

...yes.......

.....aaaand yes
NOOOOOO! They'll have to pry my carbs from my cold, dead hands.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:58 AM 07-21-2021
Besides other factors already mentioned, the proliferation of the internet, which happened almost entirely during the time period between the two maps in the OP, has to be a factor.

No matter how furiously you masturbate, it doesn't burn many calories.
[Reply]
Fish 12:01 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Eureka 12:01 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

Try/add any version of fasting to your routine and you'll get below 200lbs. But as long as you feel healthy and you are in the "green" that seems to be what matters.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up