ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Brady cracks on Trump, Trumpers and many CPers
cosmo20002 03:47 PM 07-20-2021
‘About 40% of the people still don’t think we won': Tom Brady zings 2020 election deniers as Bucs visit White House

Tom Brady joked that his Tampa Bay Buccaneers had something in common with President Joe Biden on Tuesday.

The Bucs visited the White House on Tuesday to celebrate their Super Bowl win over the Kansas City Chiefs. When Brady was at the podium, he mentioned how few people thought the Buccaneers could win. And then got in a joke about the people who continue to incorrectly believe that Biden didn't win the November presidential election.

"Not a lot of people think that we could have won," Brady said. "In fact, I think about 40% of the people still don't think we won."

"I understand that," Biden quickly replied.

"You understand that, Mr. President?" Brady then asked.

You can view the exchange in full below.

NEW: Tom Brady at the White House on the Bucs' Super Bowl run:

"Not a lot of people think that we could have won. In fact, I think about 40% of the people still don't think we won."

Biden: "I understand that."

Brady: "You understand that, Mr. President?" pic.twitter.com/wfFMx0Powi

— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) July 20, 2021

The quip from Brady is sure to displease former President Donald Trump, a man who continues to falsely claim that Biden's win over him in November was somehow a product of a rigged election full of voter fraud. Trump has long counted Brady as a friend and said that Brady called him to congratulate him after he won the 2016 presidential election. Brady also had a Trump hat in his New England Patriots locker when Trump first started running for president.

Brady has been relatively tight-lipped about his relationship with Trump in recent years — his wife Gisele Bundchen asked him to not talk politics in 2016 — as Trump became the most polarizing president in decades. Brady said in April that Trump had wanted him to speak at the 2016 Republican National Convention, an invitation that he declined.

“He would call me after games, ‘I watched your game Tom, let’s play golf together,’” Brady told Howard Stern in April of 2020. “So 2003, 2004, that’s kind of the way it was. He would come up to our games and stand on the sideline and cheer for the Patriots. He had a way of connecting with people, and still does. But the whole political aspect came, and I got brought into a lot of those things because it was so polarizing around the election time. It was uncomfortable to me. You can’t undo things — not that I would undo a friendship — but the political support is totally different than the support of a friend.”

For Trump, a man who seems to view loyalty to him as the ultimate sign of friendship, Brady's joke on Tuesday may burn a little hot. Even if his team's Super Bowl win and Biden's election win are both incontrovertible.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-j...162442956.html
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:55 PM 07-20-2021
False thread title. Sounds like the president was the one doing the cracking.
12 was really just saying shut up old man, I’m talking here.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The OP is so pathetically engulfed in his Trump Derangement Syndrome that he has to resort to using Tom Brady as his ally.

:-)
Definitely the takeaway from this thread.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:02 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
OMG SOME QB SOMEWHERE SAID SOMETHING
I would say "/thread", but cosmo deserves all the shit he gets for starting this thread, so continue. Haha
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:03 PM 07-20-2021
I just watched it. So Brady watches msm for his info and cracks a joke. I think it was harmless and it fits right in with no one thinking the Bucs could beat the Chiefs, even if it swipes at the election situation.

Hardee! Hah! Hah! Hah!

He's still a friend of Trump and I even laughed at the joke—which has nothing to do with the whole truth.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:03 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
“Essentially talking in part”. :-)

Alright Bep.
When he's talking about people claiming the Bucs didn't really win the SB (that it was rigged) do you think any low-IQ Chiefs fans meet that description?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:05 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
False thread title. Sounds like the president was the one doing the cracking.
12 was really just saying shut up old man, I’m talking here.
You should probably listen to it again. Or have someone explain it to you.
You really don't think Brady is joking about election deniers?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:07 PM 07-20-2021
Brady even cracks a joke about "Sleepy Joe" with his "Sleepy Tom" swipe. Sounds like he's an equal opportunity joker of both sides.

Thanks for the heads up cosmos. Because I got to look at my uber winning handsome, dreamy and svelte QB, who looking sharp in that dark blue suit and sunglasses. * swoons *

Otherwise I might have missed it.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 05:11 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Brady is probably part of the 40% himself.

Oh shut up. You criticize threads about Oprah. Because "we shouldn't care" what she says or does.
That’s racist. And sexist.
[Reply]
eDave 05:13 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's hilliarous. :-) Should go in the memes thread.

On the other hand, it does show he's not an elitist snob—but a man of the commonfolk.

[Reply]
Bowser 05:16 PM 07-20-2021
You'd annihilate five of those Filet-O-Fish's yourself, David
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:17 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Still waiting to see the Bidumb spread. Metamucil, and prunes for all!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:33 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
You should probably listen to it again. Or have someone explain it to you.
You really don't think Brady is joking about election deniers?
I did. More than once. I’ll stand by my comment.

Had the president not interrupted I wonder how it would have gone?
[Reply]
eDave 05:37 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I did. More than once. I’ll stand by my comment.

Had the president not interrupted I wonder how it would have gone?
He certainly could have continued down that path you feel Biden interrupted him from.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:42 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Still waiting to see the Bidumb spread. Metamucil, and prunes for all!
Puddings.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:47 PM 07-20-2021
Screw old spice.........TDS deoderant lasts 6 years!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up