ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>“Antiracism” Comes to the Heartland
Hammock Parties 10:42 AM 07-20-2021
Fucking horrifying.

https://www.city-journal.org/antirac...-the-heartland

Originally Posted by :
A middle school in Springfield, Missouri, recently held a diversity training program that forced teachers to locate themselves on an “oppression matrix” and watch a video of “George Floyd’s last words.”

According to whistleblower documents and teachers who attended the program at Cherokee Middle School, the training began with a “land acknowledgement,” claiming that “Springfield Public Schools is built on ancestral territory of the Osage, Delaware and Kickapoo Nations and Peoples.” (At the time of publication, Springfield Public Schools had not responded to a request for comment.)

The diversity trainers, Jeremy Sullivan and Myki Williamson, asked the teachers to “acknowledge the dark history and violence against Native and Indigenous People” before engaging in the day’s program of “social justice work.”

The trainers then forced the teachers to watch a nine-minute video of “George Floyd’s last words.” The film is silent, showing only white text on a black screen, illustrating Floyd’s final utterances, including his cries for his mother. Such videos are a common technique in many diversity-training programs—and cult indoctrinations. The intention is to overload the senses of the participants and create an “emotional anchor” that serves to justify subsequent political arguments, even if they’re non sequiturs.

Next, Sullivan announced the agenda: “We’re going to look at three large concepts and those concepts are oppression, white supremacy, and systemic racism.”

He and Williamson provided the teachers a handout to locate themselves on an “oppression matrix,” which defines white heterosexual males as the “privileged social group” and women, minorities, transgender, and LGBT people as “oppressed social groups.”

Presumably, those at the top of the oppression matrix, including many of the teachers in the room, are responsible for the “racism, sexism, transgender oppression, heterosexism, [and] classism” against disfavored groups.

The diversity trainers then narrowed the focus to race, distributing another handout that outlines the concepts of “overt white supremacy” and “covert white supremacy.” The document claims that “lynching, hate crimes, KKK, neo-Nazis, [and] burning crosses” are “socially unacceptable” forms of white supremacy, while “education funding from property tax, colorblindness, calling the police on black people, BIPOC as Halloween costumes, not believing experiences of BIPOC, tone policing, [and] white silence” are “socially acceptable” forms of white supremacy.

Even more cynically, diversity trainers such as those at Springfield Public Schools have begun to insist on a standard of “affirmative consent.”

This means that teachers must not only accept the tenets of the training—in some cases even condemning themselves as white supremacists or oppressors—but also actively vocalize that acceptance.

When one teacher said that he was “afraid to say anything,” Sullivan quickly shut him down, telling the teacher that he must think what an “underrepresented or under-resourced student [might] say of our fear of speaking up.”

Remember: under the new ethics, disagreement is verboten; silence is transformed into an admission of guilt. “White silence” is a form of “white supremacy.”

Finally, after more than an hour of training, one white teacher, who was raised by a black stepfather, began pushing back, asking: “Is the district saying that we should be Marxists?”

He continued: “While I don’t think there’s a person in the room who doesn’t agree that this is an important topic that should be dealt with, the way that it’s being framed comes from Herbert Marcuse who took and stripped all of the economic policies of Marxist theory and turned it into [cultural Marxism]. . . . I grew up the son of a black man, he raised me to believe in Dr. King’s teachings. Dr. King did not teach the kind of vitriol that we see out of Marxism, [which] has a long replete history of countries being bigoted and prejudiced against others and then murdering millions as a result.”

The diversity trainers, both white, were stunned. At first, Sullivan acknowledged the Marxist orientation of the diversity training program. “I know that that’s the roots, I’m aware of all that information,” he said. Then, perhaps realizing that teaching Frankfurt School Marxism in a Missouri public school could be controversial, he distanced himself: “The goal here is to take a stand against racism, it’s not to be totalitarian. . . . There’s not some big political agenda. It’s certainly not Marxism. It’s just let’s make sure that all of our kids are truly valued and celebrated.”

For years, Americans have watched as educators have pushed deeply divisive “antiracism” programs in coastal cities such as Berkeley, Portland, and Seattle. Now “antiracism” has come to the heartland.

[Reply]
mkp785 10:44 AM 07-20-2021
Probably a good thing, they don't want more kids turning out like you. Steer them away from being bigots early and hope for the best.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Probably a good thing, they don't want more kids turning out like you. Steer them away from being bigots early and hope for the best.
I live in a neighborhood that is 60% black. I chose to live here. You are being obtuse.
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:53 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I live in a neighborhood that is 60% black. I chose to live here. You are being obtuse.
The fact that you choose to cower from your neighbors while complaining about BLM and wokeness non-stop leads me to believe it's what you could afford, more-so than what you "chose".

Nothing about you says "I CHOOSE to live around black people".
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:55 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by :
A middle school in Springfield, Missouri, recently held a diversity training program that forced teachers to locate themselves on an “oppression matrix” and watch a video of “George Floyd’s last words.”
I'm sorry, but are we sure that George Floyd's death was racially motivated? I mean, was it horrific policing? You bet. Was it murder? That's what the jury says. Was it racially motivated? Where's the evidence of that?

So my question is this: Why are we continuing to conflate George Floyd's death with Racism?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:57 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
So my question is this: Why are we continuing to conflate George Floyd's death with Racism?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mkp785 10:57 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The fact that you choose to cower from your neighbors while complaining about BLM and wokeness non-stop leads me to believe it's what you could afford, more-so than what you "chose".

Fucking this.

I'm sure the charming way you snuck in the SS lightning bolts in "George Floyd mural gets hit by lightning" thread would go over great with your neighbors. Or some of the endless things you spew here. They all say: I like diversity.

You and Otter should discuss race wars again. Where is that POS anyways? I'm sure he'll slither in here soon enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm sorry, but are we sure that George Floyd's death was racially motivated? I mean, was it horrific policing? You bet. Was it murder? That's what the jury says. Was it racially motivated? Where's the evidence of that?

Zero proof that it was racially motivated, just assumed because white cop and black criminal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:00 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

My previous neighbors were black.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:00 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 07-20-2021
Fucking this.

I'm sure the charming way you snuck in the SS lightning bolts in "George Floyd mural gets hit by lightning" thread would go over great with your neighbors. Or some of the endless things you spew here. They all say: I like diversity.
Do you understand what a joke is?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:01 AM 07-20-2021
You are one of the worst bigots here.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:03 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zero proof that it was racially motivated, just assumed because white cop and black criminal.
Floyd was by all intents and purposes a criminal and scum.

That being said that cop killed him because he was black and would've done the same to any black man that had happened to cross his path in that situation and moment in time.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 11:03 AM 07-20-2021
Blasting rap music o'er the neighborhood at midnight on a Wednesday is a dicker move.

They got the message.

I'm not about to mess with a garage full of black men with complete disregard for their social contract during the height of the BLM movement.
They were drinking and probably high.

You can’t be too careful when you’re outnumbered.

Cops job to deal with anyone who disturbs the peace.
Blasting rap music o'er the neighborhood at midnight on a Wednesday is a dicker move.

They got the message.

I'm not about to mess with a garage full of black men with complete disregard for their social contract during the height of the BLM movement.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:05 AM 07-20-2021
Floyd was by all intents and purposes a criminal and scum.

That being said that cop killed him because he was black and would've done the same to any black man that had happened to cross his path in that situation and moment in time.
OK, I'd like to have an honest discussion about this. What evidence leads you to believe that this is true?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up