ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
The Gonzo Lounge>The ONLY Thing To Know To Survive An Active Shooter
Lzen 10:24 AM 07-20-2021
Just got these in my email and thought they were interesting and informative. Tim Larkin is a self defense guy I have been learning from (Target Focus Training) for years. His guest is an expert on this and he only uses facts. Perhaps this could save some lives. Share with everyone you know.

Pt. 1
https://youtu.be/FDDK0jLsdKQ

Pt. 2
https://youtu.be/nRt2bjdCEO4
[Reply]
Bowser 01:29 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If you fire upon yourself accidently you should definitely return fire on yourself to keep us all on the safe side.

[Reply]
mac459 01:34 PM 07-20-2021
Make yourself as small of a target as possible, keep hard objects between you and the shooter, get your ass to the closest/safest exit.


That’s about as simple as it can be put.
[Reply]
Spott 01:53 PM 07-20-2021
I run a few miles a day, so I feel like I’ve been preparing for this crap my whole life. I just hope when it happens I’m not wearing flip flops.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:56 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People being afraid of sharks is another. You are more likely to die from a vending machine than a shark.
Most shit people are afraid of is unlikely to ever occur. Tens of millions of people are terrified of flying and almost anything you can think of has a higher percentage shot of happening than anyone being in a plane crash/incident, let alone dying from one.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:17 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Following up on my own post, this source says there were 458 accidental gun deaths in the U.S. in 2018. In 2017 (the year of the Las Vegas shooting), there were 117 fatalities from mass shootings in the U.S. according to this source.

So, yeah. You're at least 4x as likely to die from an accident than from a mass shooter.
The odds of dying in a school shooting are less than the odds of winning a Powerball jackpot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...?noredirect=on
[Reply]
Frazod 02:52 PM 07-20-2021
Assuming a person is unarmed, it seems like grabbing a fire extinguisher and waiting around a corner would be a good plan (assuming you have quick access to one and a corner you can hide behind). Spray somebody in the face with an extinguisher, and they're not going to be doing anything but getting sprayed in the face. His vision is immediately reduced to zero. Also, it would be instinctive/reflexive for the shooter to cover his face, taking the gun out of the immediate equation.

Then bash the fucker over the head with the extinguisher. Until you've made brain soup.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:57 PM 07-20-2021
Challenge the active shooter to a dance-off.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:18 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Assuming a person is unarmed, it seems like grabbing a fire extinguisher and waiting around a corner would be a good plan (assuming you have quick access to one and a corner you can hide behind). Spray somebody in the face with an extinguisher, and they're not going to be doing anything but getting sprayed in the face. His vision is immediately reduced to zero. Also, it would be instinctive/reflexive for the shooter to cover his face, taking the gun out of the immediate equation.

Then bash the ****er over the head with the extinguisher. Until you've made brain soup.
That all sound well and good, but I'd rather not bring a fire extinguisher to a gun fight myself.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:25 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That all sound well and good, but I'd rather not bring a fire extinguisher to a gun fight myself.
That goes without saying.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:07 PM 07-20-2021
There were 37000+ firearm mortalities per the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ty/firearm.htm
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:16 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Following up on my own post, this source says there were 458 accidental gun deaths in the U.S. in 2018. In 2017 (the year of the Las Vegas shooting), there were 117 fatalities from mass shootings in the U.S. according to this source.

So, yeah. You're at least 4x as likely to die from an accident than from a mass shooter.
Eh, kinda. Context matters a lot.

If you have a ton of guns around - especially if you don't use them a ton - you're going to have a far higher than 4x chance of accidental shooting death than a person with 0 exposure to guns.

If you're never around guns you're going to have to be around an accidental discharge or a crime and be a bystandard.

So it's hard to buy that absolutely you're 4x more likely to get blasted by accident than active shooter and apply that to a population.
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:58 PM 07-20-2021
This thread is destined to end up in DC; there are people nearly stroking out wanting to bring up gun control and whatnot.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:08 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Challenge the active shooter to a dance-off.
Okay Starlord
[Reply]
eDave 05:11 PM 07-20-2021
I have a habit of knowing where the exits are now.
[Reply]
Coach 05:13 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Return fire. The end.
Yeah, listen to this guy folks, he's an expert of it. Hell, he took out his refrigerator for god sakes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up