ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 07-16-2021
The Arrowhead sign that everyone takes a picture with from the parking lot has been removed from the top of the stadium.

They are putting up some GHEA sign?
Attached: B292CF3B-9017-4559-9A06-CC0690819055.jpeg (96.5 KB) 7D4DCE60-724F-4D04-82E2-550EE7AC6B23.jpg (113.1 KB) F642E410-B29F-48E1-BA3F-99FCC96FD6D3.jpeg (93.8 KB) 
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:55 AM 07-17-2021
Okay okay. Which one of you guys is gonna have the arrowhead in your backyard? I mean can we share it on the weekends maybe?

/asking for a friend.
[Reply]
wazu 10:59 AM 07-17-2021
All this time they never sold naming rights, and then when they do it's for something stupid. And for what? Do we know how much money they get? Googling around I found one estimate that put it at $10M to $140M total through 2030. Don't get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 07-17-2021
adding a geha above arrowhead and creating a new logo is not that big a deal you pussies :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:04 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
All this time they never sold naming rights, and then when they do it's for something stupid. And for what? Do we know how much money they get? Googling around I found one estimate that put it at $10M to $140M total through 2030. Don't get it.
I bet Chief's fans around the country can't wait to post in front of the new GEHA sign. :-)

They did it so quietly that real Chief's fans don't even know about it yet. Word is spreading fast though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:05 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I don't give a **** what it says- you don't pull down the most iconic sign in KC for money and to appease idiots that don't even watch football.

It is ARROWHEAD Stadium. Period. A name that was given by our founder.

It is people like you that are part of the problem. You don't really care about the history of this stadium, and just go along with the woke crowd.

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead


Yep, that is the same. :-)
Yep... it's a shame.

Yeah, it's a business and capitalism says if you make a jillion dollars two years in a row, then you're "stagnant", so you need to figure out a way to make 10 jillion dollars next year.

NFL games are already 50% commercials. NHL players are now wearing corporate logos on their helmets and even went as far as naming their conferences "Discover Central" last season. And then of course now you have in-game commercials instead of talking about the game.

Not to play "slippery slope" and say NFL jerseys will look like soccer soon enough, but I don't really have any faith they're going to highlight the ARROWHEAD and not the GEHA, and that kind of sucks.

But now they can pay Byron Pringle's salary every year by whoring out the name of the stadium... yay.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:07 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
adding a geha above arrowhead and creating a new logo is not that big a deal you pussies :-)
Wrong- GEHA Field will be HUGE and Arrowhead, small below it. There are already concept art designs floating around.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:12 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Talking Stick Resort Arena has been renamed to Footprint Center.

America West Arena -> US Airways Arena -> Talking Stick Resort Arena -> Footprint Center.
We've gone from Qwest Center>Centurylink Center>CHI Health Center

Yep... Our arena now sounds like a hospital.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:12 AM 07-17-2021
rel="Lightbox"?s=912a9a9472b2ec0cd1dba06f611f19ce&attachmentid=122802&thumb=1&d=1626541877" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: Geha logo.jpg Views: 44 Size: 26.0 KB ID: 122802" style="margin: 2px" />
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep... it's a shame.

Yeah, it's a business and capitalism says if you make a jillion dollars two years in a row, then you're "stagnant", so you need to figure out a way to make 10 jillion dollars next year.

NFL games are already 50% commercials. NHL players are now wearing corporate logos on their helmets and even went as far as naming their conferences "Discover Central" last season. And then of course now you have in-game commercials instead of talking about the game.

Not to play "slippery slope" and say NFL jerseys will look like soccer soon enough, but I don't really have any faith they're going to highlight the ARROWHEAD and not the GEHA, and that kind of sucks.

But now they can pay Byron Pringle's salary every year by whoring out the name of the stadium... yay.
GEHA will be the focus.
Attached:
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:14 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
adding a geha above arrowhead and creating a new logo is not that big a deal you pussies :-)
I'm no sign expert by any means, but removal of the entire sign to add that seems excessive. But we shall see.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:20 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I don't give a **** what it says- you don't pull down the most iconic sign in KC for money and to appease idiots that don't even watch football.

It is ARROWHEAD Stadium. Period. A name that was given by our founder.

It is people like you that are part of the problem. You don't really care about the history of this stadium, and just go along with the woke crowd.

GEHA FIELD

at Arrowhead


Yep, that is the same. :-)
They aren't doing it to appease anybody. They're doing it to make more money. Get a grip.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:29 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
They aren't doing it to appease anybody. They're doing it to make more money. Get a grip.
I am sure all the write-ups by the KC Star and other morons complaining about Arrowhead being offensive to Native Americans, had nothing to do with it. :-)

2 birds with 1 stone. Clark looks like he gave ground to the stupid woke crowd and also added many zeroes to his account.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:31 AM 07-17-2021
The GEHA at the CameroHead Mahomes field
[Reply]
Frazod 11:31 AM 07-17-2021
The new field name is just awful. GEHA. Fuck me. Yeah, I know it's supposed to read as letters, but it looks like a nonsense word that rhymes with heehaw.

Heehaw Field. That's what rival fans will call it. I can see it now. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:40 AM 07-17-2021
Great.

When I see GEHA, I think GHEY.

GHEY Field at Arrowhead.

Surely no jokes will about from that.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 11:43 AM 07-17-2021
GEHA sucks.

But I've always thought the font on that sign was ugly as shit
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up