ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:07 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Carr would be a hell of a get but I think hes going to a Texas
I think KU's roster is entirely too crowded for him to consider Lawrence seriously at this point.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:08 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Can't believe the team Self has now compared to last year's.

Night and fucking day.
Yeah, it is a complete overhaul. It needed it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:49 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I think KU's roster is entirely too crowded for him to consider Lawrence seriously at this point.
Yup it's literally 2 tournament teams put into 1.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:53 PM 07-07-2021
I need Fall to hurry up and get here. Only having the Royals on sucks.

I need Chiefs football and KU basketball. I feel pretty confident one of my teams will win a title this year.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 03:19 PM 07-08-2021
I think Marcus Garrett made a mistake not coming back. I'd love to see him at the 2 and 3 with this group
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:03 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
KU has been the 1st or 2nd best team in the country probably 10 times in the last 25 years and have made 2 championship games. Law of averages. S16 or Final Four finishes both would not surprise me in the slightest.
While your comments and statistics are valid, this team is loaded! Anything short of a Championship title game appearance is a colossal failure!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:50 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Marcus Garrett made a mistake not coming back. I'd love to see him at the 2 and 3 with this group
While we may miss his Defense, his limited offense won't be missed.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:04 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
While we may miss his Defense, his limited offense won't be missed.
Agreed. He was great two years ago when we were absolutely elite defensively. When we’re not great defensively (which we won’t be), it’s probably better to just load up offensively and outscore everyone.

He would give us more balance, but probably keep us from having an elite offense and wouldn’t elevate us to an elite defense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:08 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
While we may miss his Defense, his limited offense won't be missed.
From a technical perspective, sure.

But I miss the guy. Dude had want-to, played hard, played in big moments. Nothing to fault with Marcus Garrett. But yeah, he was limited offensively.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
From a technical perspective, sure.

But I miss the guy. Dude had want-to, played hard, played in big moments. Nothing to fault with Marcus Garrett. But yeah, he was limited offensively.
He always gave you 100%. But, he should never have been the point guard. We need to score. The team clears out to the edges and the plan is for Garrett, alone, to drive and beat the defense? Thats a very low point in this era.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He always gave you 100%. But, he should never have been the point guard. We need to score. The team clears out to the edges and the plan is for Garrett, alone, to drive and beat the defense? Thats a very low point in this era.
Agreed. Garret was never a good fit at PG. Much better as a 2 or 3, IMO.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
While your comments and statistics are valid, this team is loaded! Anything short of a Championship title game appearance is a colossal failure!
I used to think that way but it's hard to control results in the NCAA Tournament. I feel like if you go to the Final Four it's always a successful season no matter what.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
While we may miss his Defense, his limited offense won't be missed.
He's like Ben Simmons. It kills your spacing offensively. Coaches love him, and he has value but in today's game I'm not sure it's as much as Bill thinks it is.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He always gave you 100%. But, he should never have been the point guard. We need to score. The team clears out to the edges and the plan is for Garrett, alone, to drive and beat the defense? Thats a very low point in this era.
I'll admit. I expected more from him at the PG. He showed good passing acumen in the years before and was a PG in high school - it just didn't come together for him. Without Doke and Dot his assist numbers actually dropped his JR year from 4.6 to 3.7 his SR year when he was given much more minutes at PG. I guess having to play with one-dimensional players in Bruan and Agbaji and more of a plodding bigman in McCormack took it's toll.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:50 AM 07-09-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's like Ben Simmons. It kills your spacing offensively. Coaches love him, and he has value but in today's game I'm not sure it's as much as Bill thinks it is.
I'll take Ben Simmons all day, every day as an off-ball 3rd or 4th offensive option on a team. You run into problems when he becomes a top scoring option, which is what Garrett last year became by default.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up