ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:17 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The entire movie was pointless.

If humans in the future had instant access to the past, the remaining humans should have synthesized the chemicals that destroyed all of the male Whitespikes, then sent it to the past for mass production.

The past humans could have created weapons, not guns, that would spray the males with the chemical and eliminate them, leaving only the queen. And if they couldn't have transported them to the future, they could have been buried in specific hiding spots for use in the future. Hell, they could have even been given to every country in the world for use against them once the ice melted.

The entire premise was just dumb and the future humans were even dumber.
The plan made so little sense that I was sure that the future humans were lying and taking advantage of the past humans somehow. I kept waiting for the obvious twist to be revealed...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:24 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The entire movie was pointless.

If humans in the future had instant access to the past, the remaining humans should have synthesized the chemicals that destroyed all of the male Whitespikes, then sent it to the past for mass production.

The past humans could have created weapons, not guns, that would spray the males with the chemical and eliminate them, leaving only the queen. And if they couldn't have transported them to the future, they could have been buried in specific hiding spots for use in the future. Hell, they could have even been given to every country in the world for use against them once the ice melted.

The entire premise was just dumb and the future humans were even dumber.
The movie was fun at least.

Your right, it would have flopped in theaters, but on streaming itís a smash hit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:56 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The movie was fun at least.

Your right, it would have flopped in theaters, but on streaming itís a smash hit.
Agreed, would have felt ripped off in the theaters. But online, the action sequences were good. Looks like there are a shit ton of people with my opinion on this movie.
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:25 PM 07-11-2021
I enjoyed. It was better than i expected it to be after reading all the negative opinions here.

Yeah, the story could use some work. A lot of the decisions made in the movie didn't really make any sense from a realism standpoint.

But i figured that going in. Knew there was going to have to be things that will require overlooking.

I'm a monster movie guy. My favorite genre. I like monsters, robots, aliens....it's not exactly a genre loaded with great stories and originality.

If you're like me and don't mind movies such as Transformers, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Independence Day, Cloverfield etc. then you should give this movie a go, you'd probably like it.

The CGI was great. The Alien/Monster thing was pretty unique and well executed. They moved interestingly, there's fucking zergs of them and the CGI was clean.

I liked the action sequences. I read some complaints about the last fight scene, i thought it was cool.

Like i said, if you're a monster movie guy and don't mind overlooking some plot holes or decision sequences that don't quite make sense, give this a go. It's a fun movie and the creatures are cool enough to make it worth the time.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 09:07 PM 07-11-2021
After passing it over time and again I finally decided to give Red Oaks a try tonight. Iím seven episodes in now and, while this current ďFreaky FridayĒ episode is a bit odd, itís amusing enough.
[Reply]
morphius 10:39 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I enjoyed. It was better than i expected it to be after reading all the negative opinions here.

Yeah, the story could use some work. A lot of the decisions made in the movie didn't really make any sense from a realism standpoint.

But i figured that going in. Knew there was going to have to be things that will require overlooking.

I'm a monster movie guy. My favorite genre. I like monsters, robots, aliens....it's not exactly a genre loaded with great stories and originality.

If you're like me and don't mind movies such as Transformers, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Independence Day, Cloverfield etc. then you should give this movie a go, you'd probably like it.

The CGI was great. The Alien/Monster thing was pretty unique and well executed. They moved interestingly, there's ****ing zergs of them and the CGI was clean.

I liked the action sequences. I read some complaints about the last fight scene, i thought it was cool.

Like i said, if you're a monster movie guy and don't mind overlooking some plot holes or decision sequences that don't quite make sense, give this a go. It's a fun movie and the creatures are cool enough to make it worth the time.
Yup, watched it last night. I disagree with Dane on the in that it was at least a couple steps up from from the SyFy channel movies. It was relatively predictable, like a lot of movies, but at least it had some answers why for some of the things. I thought the take on "time travel" was interesting in that it was rather limited.

Nothing you can take too serious and enjoy, but was fun enough for couch watching.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:52 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The movie was fun at least.

Your right, it would have flopped in theaters, but on streaming it’s a smash hit.
It's a "smash" because it was included for free with Amazon Prime.

How many people would have paid $29.99?

And my apologies to those in which I may have offended with my opinion of the movie.

I tend to look at films much differently than the average movie goer and I didn't intend to ruin the film or ruin the fun for anyone.
[Reply]
morphius 01:50 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's a "smash" because it was included for free with Amazon Prime.

How many people would have paid $29.99?

And my apologies to those in which I may have offended with my opinion of the movie.

I tend to look at films much differently than the average movie goer and I didn't intend to ruin the film or ruin the fun for anyone.
I would expect you to look at things differently, we all look at things in our fields with a closer scrutiny than others would. Kind of like when most movies bring in computer jargon and I just know I need to turn my brain off then...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:43 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's a "smash" because it was included for free with Amazon Prime.

How many people would have paid $29.99?

And my apologies to those in which I may have offended with my opinion of the movie.

I tend to look at films much differently than the average movie goer and I didn't intend to ruin the film or ruin the fun for anyone.
No offense taken. I like highbrow stuff, but sometimes i just want to turn my brain off as well.
[Reply]
Detoxing 03:20 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

And my apologies to those in which I may have offended with my opinion of the movie.

I tend to look at films much differently than the average movie goer and I didn't intend to ruin the film or ruin the fun for anyone.
No apology necessary.

I think every film has it's place and i wouldn't expect Tomorrow War to be up for any awards or anything like that.

Your criticisms are fair and some are certainly deserved.

This kind of movie is, as others say, "Turn your brain off fun". Sometimes though, you ain't in the mood for that kind of shit. And we all have different tolerances for how much "turn your brain off" we can withstand before we tap out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I would expect you to look at things differently, we all look at things in our fields with a closer scrutiny than others would. Kind of like when most movies bring in computer jargon and I just know I need to turn my brain off then...
It's a Linux shell with a Windows GUI and the IP address is 384.6.1024.1.

:-)
[Reply]
morphius 05:51 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a Linux shell with a Windows GUI and the IP address is 384.6.1024.1.

:-)
Don't make me slap you, hahaha.
[Reply]
007 08:10 PM 07-12-2021
Though I see why people didn't like Tomorrow War, it was decent entertainment. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:42 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Great stuff. As per usual. I’m a total homer for this show. For whatever reason it worked for me, and as I’ve stated before I’m not much for a police procedural guy.
I just wrapped this up last night before staying up too late to watch the season finale of Loki.

I thought it was a good series finale, albeit, maybe two seasons too late. While I thought that season six was far better than season five, the show seemed to lose its passion after season four from my perspective.

I found the subplot with the LT a bit difficult to watch, not because it wasn't timely or relevant but because I'd always enjoyed the character so much. I was happy with the way it was resolved because at the end, that was the character that I enjoyed so much over the years. I also found the subplot with the Chief to be tedious as well and really didn't care for where it ended up because despite his and Bosch's differences over the years, I thought he was a good guy. In the end, he was just another in a long line of phonies.

I think the new series, or as Titus Welliver calls it, "A continuation", will open up some exciting avenues with Bosch as a P.I., Maddy as a rookie cop and Honey Money back in the saddle. The only annoying part is that it's on IMDB.TV, which is really just a Ad-Version of Prime. They're following the Hulu model of advertising in chunks, so it's not quite as bad a network TV but there should be an ad-free version, IMO, especially since we're paying for Prime.

I'm just so totally against wasting 22 minutes per hour of my life on ads for products I'll never purchase.

On a side note, there was a nice, long sequence between Bosch and Matthew Lilliard's CIT character on the Lake Hollywood dam, which is just behind my house. I chuckled when Bosch exited the conversation to the left, as there's no where for him to exit nearby, as the nearest street in that direction is 1.7 miles from the dam.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up