ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 81
« First < 31717778798081
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!



I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:29 AM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched an episode. I may throw it on in the winter when I have office work to do. I’m definitely not the target market for this.

Fucking pretentious brits and their fucking tram lines. :-)
It's turned out really popular. Thought I saw it was the most-watched property in Amazon Prime 'history,' though I haven't confirmed.

I think whether it's 'target market' depends on what you're looking for. It's certainly not a serious treatise on farming, but it's a pitch-perfect use of Clarkson's talent. And for such a cantankerous guy, it's quite wholesome and comforting.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:00 AM 07-12-2021
The embargo has been lifted for the next season of 2020's best new show:

Spoiler!



#TedLasso is still good in Season 2, which is as funny and sweet as Season 1. Everyone is great, of course, but the standout is Roy F**king Kent, who gets several amazing moments, and has transformed more than anyone else on the show. Premieres 7/23 on Apple TV+.

— Alex Zalben (@azalben) July 12, 2021

#TedLasso Season 2. It's wonderful. Maybe even better than Season 1. My review: https://t.co/MVGBxEvF7x

— Kelly Lawler (@klawls) July 12, 2021

I've seen the entire second season of TED LASSO and the character work remains some of the best I've ever seen. We get some really nice subplots from underdeveloped characters and growth from our stars, now fully formed and solid in their humor, their wants and their needs.

— Kate Feldman (@kateefeldman) July 12, 2021

The embargo has lifted on TED LASSO's second season, and while I won't be reviewing it until next week, I'll just say it remains one of the best shows on television, and the fourth episode is a goddamn miracle.

— Norm Wilner (@normwilner) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:28 PM 07-13-2021
Meet Ted Lasso. . . He's what happens when a Golden Retriever humps a motivational poster until Ned Flanders pops out . . .


[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:41 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Meet Ted Lasso. . . He's what happens when a Golden Retriever humps a motivational poster until Ned Flanders pops out . . .

That's totally accurate. But when Ted isn't being his unflappable self, he imparts such great life lessons. This is an all-time TV scene for me:



BTW, anyone else glance at the Emmy noms? The drama category might be the worst list I've ever seen. TV drama golden era over?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:32 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That's totally accurate. But when Ted isn't being his unflappable self, he imparts such great life lessons. This is an all-time TV scene for me:



BTW, anyone else glance at the Emmy noms? The drama category might be the worst list I've ever seen. TV drama golden era over?
Yeah, I watched it when I was sick last year. Which was dumb because I ended up binging it instead of sleeping like an asshole.

But it would bandy about and then periodically hit you with something heavy.

That kind of comedy TV doesn't really resonate with me, especially with regards to sports, but I dug that shit man.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:36 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I watched it when I was sick last year. Which was dumb because I ended up binging it instead of sleeping like an asshole.

But it would bandy about and then periodically hit you with something heavy.

That kind of comedy TV doesn't really resonate with me, especially with regards to sports, but I dug that shit man.
I'm with you there. Schitt's Creek did nothing for me, I dropped out while my wife crushed it in about a month. But this show is just something else. The pace is truly breakneck. There is nary a wasted scene.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:12 PM 07-13-2021
^^^
I really need to start watching Ted Lasso cause I've been a fan of Jason Sudekis for quite some time (loved both of the Horrible Bosses movies, We're the Millers, among a number of other movies he's been in)
Also on top of being a funny cool guy, he is also a flat out baller in real life.
He's hooked up with some Hollywood beauties over the years.

dated January Jones for awhile


He got with Eva Mendes (allegedly )


Married Olivia Wilde (they recently got divorced but damn he got to hit that for years! (lucky bastard)


I've had the biggest crush of Olivia ever since seeing her in TRON: Legacy way back in 2010 good lord


Anyways sorry to get side tracked . Definitely need to start watching Ted Lasso.
[Reply]
loochy 02:16 PM 07-14-2021
My wife has been watching this Netflix series called "Sex/Life". It's pretty much softcore porn for middle aged women, but I'm cool with it because she gets turned on when she watches it. The hot lead actress seems to be topless for maybe half the show, so that's cool.
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:21 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
My wife has been watching this Netflix series called "Sex/Life". It's pretty much softcore porn for middle aged women, but I'm cool with it because she gets turned on when she watches it. The hot lead actress seems to be topless for maybe half the show, so that's cool.


[Reply]

Baby Lee 09:55 PM 07-17-2021
Anyone watching Dr. Death?

Dramatized narrative limited series based on actual events. Apparently there is a podcast that inspired it [as well as the underlying facts]. The picture comes into view pretty good, but the driving force of the narrative is figuring out what in the hell this guy was trying to accomplish. Very well acted. Baldwin and Slater play off each other well against type as the firebrand and the institutionalist trying to bring down a renegade. Jackson is a compelling sociopath.

Has a lot to say about the deference to the presumption of expertise and the laybrinthine and dangerous path to bring malfeasance to light. Timely issues.



The podcast it's based on here, if you'd rather listen at a slower and more detailed pace

https://wondery.com/shows/dr-death/e...elle-shughart/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:11 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
LOLs from first half of first season.
1st Ep 2nd season ended with a banger

-------------

Right, then he wanted me to tell you to say, yeah, obviously our public line will be to say we're considering the offer, but it doesn't matter what you say. He'll never recommend this to the board. You are going to bleed cash. He's going to bleed cash. It will never end, and maybe you'll kill him, but if you don't he'll kill you. He will go bankrupt or go to jail before he lets you beat him. He will kill you on the business, and if that doesn't work, he will fuck you around. He will send men to kill your pets and fuck your wives, and it will never be over, so that's the message.


Good. Well, let's move ahead with that process, shall we?
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:49 PM 07-20-2021
Hulu has a new iteration of "American Horror Story" dubbed "American Horror Stories".

Gave it a go the other night. Still Gay AF if anyone was wondering. The overly-gayness is why i stopped watching that series in the 1st place.

It's predecessor is still really gay.
[Reply]
Jenson71 05:04 PM 07-25-2021
I loved the first season of Bosch. I started the second season, but one thing that irks me is there is a bit too much "father-daughter" story. I hope that gets toned down. It comes across far too forced, like we need a reason to really root for this guy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I loved the first season of Bosch. I started the second season, but one thing that irks me is there is a bit too much "father-daughter" story. I hope that gets toned down. It comes across far too forced, like we need a reason to really root for this guy.
Bosch is one of my all time favorites.

The daughter pet doesn’t go away, but it definitely becomes more nuanced and frankly damned compelling television.

Part of the reason it is good is the supporting characters don’t exist to advance the storyline of Bosch. They have their own shit going on and it intersects with Bosch. Maddie included. She’s kind of forced because she’s a teenager, not some experienced world savvy girl. She has her own arc and it is a good one IMO.

Great show. Keep watching.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:42 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Bosch is one of my all time favorites.

The daughter pet doesn’t go away, but it definitely becomes more nuanced and frankly damned compelling television.

Part of the reason it is good is the supporting characters don’t exist to advance the storyline of Bosch. They have their own shit going on and it intersects with Bosch. Maddie included. She’s kind of forced because she’s a teenager, not some experienced world savvy girl. She has her own arc and it is a good one IMO.

Great show. Keep watching.
Just finished season 6. Really good show. Probably will start season 7 tonight.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 81
« First < 31717778798081
Up