ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 11:19 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll reserve judgement until the season is over, but if he continues the downward slide it might be time to draft some legit competition for him next spring. Just to push him if nothing else.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!…. Dafuq this guy.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:19 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He can only count on 2 guys to throw the ball to…Kelce & Hill. The rest are below average to pathetic.
I know we all make fun of Sammy Watkins but when he played, the Chiefs were a different team.

A #2 WR is a must in this offense & the Chiefs don’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just don't buy that rhetoric. The great QB's of the past have made stars out of JAGs. Mahomes will be fine, but he is in a funk, particularly the last few games.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 11-08-2021
Here we go again blaming Andy :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:23 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I'm talking about shorter crossing routes across the middle. Not deep routes.
This is also true. In the scripted plays we seem to flood the underneath zones with shallow/mid crossers against the 2 deep look, and this is working. We then proceed to not do that for several drives. We had a 3 and 4 yesterday and every route that was being run was 8+ yards We are way more vertical than we have been in past years and we need to get more horizontal. Even our pre snap motions seems less advanced than past years.
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:25 AM 11-08-2021
What I noticed (and one of the announcers even mentioned it) was how often Mahomes would throw up a prayer deep with 2-3 men in coverage while Kelce was free in the middle of the field. You could see his frustration at times. Don't force it deep;Pat needs to learn the 10-20 yard chunks are good too.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:29 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I just don't buy that rhetoric. The great QB's of the past have made stars out of JAGs. Mahomes will be fine, but he is in a funk, particularly the last few games.
After Hill, does KC even have a JAG at receiver?

Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:58 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
After Hill, does KC even have a JAG at receiver?

Asking for a friend.
I'd normally say yes, but these WR's (even Hill) have the fucking dropsy's this year.

So.many.dropped.balls.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:08 PM 11-08-2021
I am convinced Mahomes is banged up. Something is completely off with his mechanics. I mean he doesnt have good mechanics but he somehow made everything work in unison and deliver deadly accurate passes. His accuracy is shot, he over throws every deep ball, throws into the dirt and behind receivers regularly. Maybe its mental but i just dont see anything on the field that should have destroyed his mental game like this.
[Reply]
Best22 12:24 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He can only count on 2 guys to throw the ball to…Kelce & Hill. The rest are below average to pathetic.
I know we all make fun of Sammy Watkins but when he played, the Chiefs were a different team.

A #2 WR is a must in this offense & the Chiefs don’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watkins didn’t make us a different team. Mahoney doesn’t need 3 great targets to succeed

Look at the Panthers game in 2020. We had no run game. We couldn’t stop a nosebleed on defense. Watkins was hurt, didn’t play. The only thing keeping us from getting blown out was the arm of Mahomes making full use of the field and his weapons. We won a shootout 33-31.

It doesn’t have to be perfect. Pat just has to play better. If the 2020 team got the Love Packers in Arrowhead it would’ve been 31-0
[Reply]
JakeF 12:29 PM 11-08-2021
Mahomes plays better on the run, he throws better, he reads/influences defenses better.

Our current OT's just can't handle Mahomes on the run like Fisher and Schwartz could.

Right now, Mahomes is trying to help our OT's out by staying in the pocket. He is uncomfortable when he isn't running and gunning.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:33 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Mahomes plays better on the run, he throws better, he reads/influences defenses better.

Our current OT's just can't handle Mahomes on the run like Fisher and Schwartz could.

Right now, Mahomes is trying to help our OT's out by staying in the pocket. He is uncomfortable when he isn't running and gunning.
This shitty take that you've been stuck on for weeks now is still shitty.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:36 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This shitty take that you've been stuck on for weeks now is still shitty.
I still think it's true.

Mahomes is only running for his life now, instead of running to influence the defense. He is purposely staying in the pocket to help our OT's.

I don't see how you can say this is wrong.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 11-08-2021
I still think it's true.

Mahomes is only running for his life now, instead of running to influence the defense. He is purposely staying in the pocket to help our OT's.

I don't see how you can say this is wrong.
Easily.

It's wrong. See? Like that.

He's purposely staying in the pocket because he's missing wide the fuck open reads. His accuracy is NOT as good rolling out as it is when he throws from a clean base. You made that shit up in your head because of your fond memories of big plays that he's made rolling to his right.

NFL defenses know he like to roll to his right and are all over that shit now and flow to right along with him.

When he rolls out like he literally cuts the field in half and makes it easy for the defense who now know to simply roll right with him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:40 PM 11-08-2021

He's been largely a pocket passer the past year or so. Our offense has been kind of boringly efficient compared to how mahomes first started out. What's hard to figure out is what the hell happened in Buffalo. This was really the game we started to see the wheels come off and never come back on.

But this dink and dunk pocket pass gameplan is what we were doing beginning of season with lots of success.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:41 PM 11-08-2021

Also, GB's linebackers were awesome. They closed down multiple plays that looked like bigger gains.

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) November 8, 2021

This was my snap-takeaway too. Mahomes is still slumping, but he's looking better every week. Yes he had one horrible throw yesterday that should have been intercepted. But he's done that once a game for most of his career. Everything is just magnified now because of the slump, and the hole that turnovers and our early-season defense put us in.

But it seemed like the Packers defense was everywhere yesterday, and our receivers didn't just drop balls - but huge drive-killing Johnny Morton-esque 3rd down drops. Hill and Kelce still don't totally look like themselves, and we know the cupboard is bare after those two.

Mahomes is working his way out of the first slump of his pro career, and adjust to a whole new style of play at the same time. It's not going to be an instant fix. But as long as he keeps looking better each week I believe he'll get there.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up